Madonna told to face court over "encouraging gay sex" in Russia

Camacho

:crazy:

Madonna told to face court over "encouraging gay sex" in Russia

Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:19am by London Newsdesk

Madonna has been ordered to appear in court in Russia for apparently promoting gay sex in Russia.

The 'Like A Virgin' singer courted controversy in August after sticking up for gay rights whilst performing in St. Petersburg, saying on stage: "Show your love and appreciation to the gay community. We want to fight for the right to be free."

It is said that promoting homosexuality in the city is illegal and Russian activists are angry at the fact that children may have been in the audience.

Nine members of the Trade Union of Russian Citizens have launched a lawsuit worth over £6 million against Madonna for blasphemy and damaging the "cultural foundations" of Saint Petersburg.

They said: "She insulted believers' feelings, she promoted homosexuality when there were children at the concert and this is forbidden in St Petersburg. We, the residents of the cultural capital, suffered a colossal moral damage.'' :manson:

It is reported that Madonna has been asked to face court in Russia over the allegations on October 25.

Guest ditaluver

this is such shenanigans! LOL promoting underage homosexuality?

good grief!!!!

Do you think she'll show up?!?!?!

Does she legally HAVE to?

i cant see her making a special trip to Russia

It's hardly a publicity stunt. They've already jailed Pussy Riot. This is an actual attempt to repress people's freedom and it's starting to spring up in other countries like Hungary too. Thousands of people have died over the last few decades trying to get these rights and they now stand to lose them again. Check out the All Out organisation to see what's been going on. Not great!

If I get it right this is a civil lawsuit. This means they (above mentioned 9 members of this trade unions) must prove that someone (in this case Madonna) caused them some kind of harm or loss by her wrongdoing. To refer to this law that forbids promoting homosexual behavior or to a law that deals with insulting others peoples believes/religion is nonsense because those laws are part of the criminal law and are considered a criminal offence. Those crimes are against the public and/or the state. A criminal offence does not necessarily cause a damage or harm. Example: DUI. In criminal law (usually) the state attorney is levying charges and then prosecuting those charged with a crime which would finally lead to a trial. Problem: if there is no interest from the state or they see not enough evidence they don't need to levy charges in the first place or if the case went further they can easily drop those charges. So far I have not heard that there are any investigations by prosecutors going on. Even if, the maximum penalty she could face for promoting homosexualty was around 10.000 dollars?

Again, those 9 people need to prove in court that they suffered any harm and are therefore entitled to damages. Should be interesting.

It's hardly a publicity stunt. They've already jailed Pussy Riot. This is an actual attempt to repress people's freedom and it's starting to spring up in other countries like Hungary too. Thousands of people have died over the last few decades trying to get these rights and they now stand to lose them again. Check out the All Out organisation to see what's been going on. Not great!

yeah I am afraid that those who are against PR, and their freedom of speech, being against the repression of women and gays etc may get even more extreme in russia and other countries.

could you imagine if she had to go to court for real and showed up to defend gay rights and her outspoken opinion. we know she wouldnt back down.

the kakalan trio would rise from the floor and chant...then madonna would come down from the ceiling in her little tabernacle, break all the windows with a swing of her AK-47, and then treat the jury and judge to Girl Gone Wild

then she'd take the stand as Rebecca Carlson

the kakalan trio would rise from the floor and chant...then madonna would come down from the ceiling in her little tabernacle, break all the windows with a swing of her AK-47, and then treat the jury and judge to Girl Gone Wild

:laugh:

:lmao:

I never knew that about Andrew *lip quiver*

Can you imagine Madonna entering the court, passing through the room with all the eyes of the world on her? Then she's called to defend herself and instead of it, she does an emotional and fierce speech about gays and love? :wow:

Peace Nobel on the bag. :queenbitch:

yeah in a way I want her to show up and give a speech ;)

молчать, пожалуйста (SILENT!)

i have never seen this before :wow: :wow: :wow: