SAN FRANCISCO (Okay... San Jose) BITCHES!!! Oct 6 & 7

Phineaspoe

Back from the Sunday show... I want to take the time to talk about my own experience in a future post, because I was on Row 4 at the tip of the stage and basically my life has changed. I'll get into it later. Now to some deets...

It was not half empty at all. I would say it was 80-90% full. The audience was very alive and participatory, but people were understandably pissed that it started so late. We did not leave the arena until 12.45am... and the show is in San Jose but most people come from San Francisco, which is an hour and a half away.

Not cute at all, unless you are a hardcore fan (like me).

Thankfully Martin Solvieg came out late as well and he was fantastic. He gave us what we really, really wanted: lots of remixes of GOOD Top 40 radio (don't know the names except for Rolling in the Deep and Titanium), and played Love Spent and Beautiful Killer. And he made us sing L U V MADONNA! which was awesome.

She was in a better mood than the previous night AND acknowledged that the audience was better too pretty early on. On Saturday she gave the mic to someone in the pit during Open Your Heart who I guess messed up the lyrics, but on Sunday everyone responded perfectly and she was satisfied.

The screens did not work well at the beginning of GGW, but thankfully that was it.

I didn't realize she did not sing Holiday until after the show ended. Can't believe I STILL have not heard this song live once!!!!!!

She messed up the lyrics during Turn Up the Radio, I'm a Sinner and Love Spent. The mess up during Love Spent was funny because you could hear the back up singers going one way and her going another (for example, let's say she said "Love Spent, Really Love Spent" when the singers sang, "Love Spent, Feeling Love Spent"). No biggie.

She did what I think was the best rendition of Love Spent. Her voice was absolutely flawless and the ending was very tight. Seeing her from Row 4 during this moment will be one of those memories I will treasure forever. When it ended I looked around all my "friends" from other rows and we were all in AWE.

After watching her a second night in a row I am definitely convinced that I'm A Sinner does not work near the end and definitely not after I'm Addicted. Turn Up the Radio would have been great.

I have so many favorite moments, probably matching Confessions: Girl Gone Wild, Gang Bang, I'm Addicted, Celebration, Like A Virgin, Love Spent, Open Your Heart, Like a Prayer, Vogue... So much of it is just so perfect.

Great review :-). Sorry about holidayI I was sure you'll get to hear it.

I was sure we'll get another nipple flesh, after your first review :mellow: oh well!

How was the speech?

I still dont get why people dont WATCH it instead of taping it off their phone throught the whole thing when its going to come out on DVD. Ive never understood that?! A few pics or clips yeah but you go on youtube and theres 'part one..part two..part three' It makes me feel sick. We are all different though, im probably the wrong one. The amount of shows ive gone to and someone in front of me watches it through their camera makes me want to grab it off them and stamp on it. Im suprised I havent done it (yet).

PS yes I had that disabled incident blah blah. I get it must be me. :shy:

For every yes there's a no. For every wall there's a door. For every virgin there's a whore! Madonna

Great review :-). Sorry about holidayI I was sure you'll get to hear it.

I was sure we'll get another nipple flesh, after your first review :mellow: oh well!

How was the speech?

The speech for the second night was back to the political, for the most part.

"Are you all registered to vote?"

"Yeah."

"I can't hear you!"

"YEAH."

"Are you ready to take responsibility for the future of this country?"

"YEAH."

"FUCK YEAH."

"FUCK YEAH."

etc.

What was really heartfelt though was when she thanked us for the love "for 30 years" and everyone ROARED, understanding the context.

And then she said, "I'm one very fucking lucky girl. I'm proof that miracles can happen, and in my life that miracle is all of you." And then she turned to her crew and said, "And that includes you."

It was beautiful.

I still dont get why people dont WATCH it instead of taping it off their phone throught the whole thing when its going to come out on DVD. Ive never understood that?! A few pics or clips yeah but you go on youtube and theres 'part one..part two..part three' It makes me feel sick. We are all different though, im probably the wrong one. The amount of shows ive gone to and someone in front of me watches it through their camera makes me want to grab it off them and stamp on it. Im suprised I havent done it (yet).

I'm the same way... I *thought* I had taken lots of photos and videos... but I looked back at my camera and I took 3 photos and 1 video. And the last pic/video I took was of Give me All your Luvin. I *thought* I was going to take pics every time she was near me so i could always remember, but it didn't even cross my mind.

I was transfixed, screaming, dancing, adoring her.

I was too busy living to record anything. And I notice that she made eye contact and sang with people who were NOT recording shit.

I was too busy living to record anything. And I notice that she made eye contact and sang with people who were NOT recording shit.

So true! I only took a couple photos in the four shows that I saw and got alot of eye contact with her! The photos don't turn out anyway... a waste of time!

That doesn't bother me at all. I love seeing the clips because it's like following her on tour. I guess I"m impatient but I love the immediacy of seeing the clips the next day. I don't film anything during shows that I go too, but I don't feel it's my place to tell someone else what they can and cannot do during a show. Why should what someone else does affect my enjoyment of a show? Maybe they're filming it for their family or friends who couldn't make it to the show.

At least the review from the San Francisco Chronicle was legit. It did say the show was great but a little but of a bummer because of the lack of hits. I can understand how a casual fan can be upset. But the review form the Mercury Press was awfully written and it's obvious the guy had his mind made up before he even reviewed it. However, he completely LIED about the crowd not being excited. We should call him out with it in the Comments section.

That doesn't bother me at all. I love seeing the clips because it's like following her on tour. I guess I"m impatient but I love the immediacy of seeing the clips the next day. I don't film anything during shows that I go too, but I don't feel it's my place to tell someone else what they can and cannot do during a show. Why should what someone else does affect my enjoyment of a show? Maybe they're filming it for their family or friends who couldn't make it to the show.

Yeah Glinda, I agree with you..Ive never told someone to stop recording and to enjoy the show. Its just that it will be out on DVD or someone else will be recording it so just enjoy it! I probably didnt explain myself correctly. When im there im THERE.

Its just me...I went on a holiday with my (ex) other half and all he did was record, record, record through his fucking video camera. I was FEWMING every single day. It caused so many rows... after 2 weeks my blood was boiling!!!! We got home and the tape didnt even work..after spending £4000 on the holiday with him with his eye against the camera. It just makes me mad. Live in the now!

At least the review from the San Francisco Chronicle was legit. It did say the show was great but a little but of a bummer because of the lack of hits. I can understand how a casual fan can be upset. But the review form the Mercury Press was awfully written and it's obvious the guy had his mind made up before he even reviewed it. However, he completely LIED about the crowd not being excited. We should call him out with it in the Comments section.

I called him out. I'm the guy that said that if he thinks the worst part of the show is Like A Virgin, he doesn't understand anything about Madonna or art.

Guest IJustFuctMadonna

I was one of the triangle bitches. She noticed our group's bed sheet sign with Happy 30th Everybody a few times before she finally said "I saw it" hahahaha. We didn't see her whack herself with the guitar since we were up front but when she reappeared she had this massive bloody bump on her forehead. We joked around that it was botched botox until she explained it. So fucking amazing. Still high from the whole thing!

Metro Silicon Valley

Review: After a few Missteps, Madonna Hit Her Groove at HP Pavilion

In Music October 8, 2012 by Steve Palopoli

Madonna-cooperman.jpg

Critics have been carping for literally decades about Madonna being too old, too out of touch, too fake and too lightweight. Time and again, they fail to understand her continued success.

Madonna’s strength is not in her consistency, or her perceived hipness in any given year. She is, instead, the world’s leading exporter of Madonnaness. Through smash hits or Shanghai surprises, she never lets up. To paraphrase The Terminator, she can’t be bargained with. She can’t be reasoned with. She doesn’t feel pity, remorse or fear. And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until she is dead.

PHOTO GALLERY: Crowd and concert photos from Madonna’s concert at HP Pavilion.

What’s strange is that Madonna herself seemed to have forgotten how she got where she is through the entire first half hour of her show at HP Pavilion Saturday night.

As she kicked off almost entirely with songs from her new album, MDNA, she proceeded to give the audience absolutely everything they didn’t want from a Madonna show.

Attempting to do for violence what she did for sex, she squandered her stage time with the world’s most poorly timed gun show (and I’m not referring to her arms). Blood and tissue were splattered across the video screens as she pretended to shoot dancers in the head and kept pointing her fake gun at the audience like it was a nervous tic.

VIDEO: Madonna’s Five Most Outrageous Moments.

Considering that Madonna’s subversiveness was always in her message of self-acceptance and positivism, guess how this went over? The energy in the building, already taxed by the show’s late start, was sucked out entirely, even from her adoring hardcore fan base. It all seemed forced and desperate, a poorly thought out rip off of MIA’s warmongering shtick and Lady Gaga’s own dark take on Madonnaness.

The irony was upped when Madonna finally cut the hardboiled crap and came out to a pretty impressive staging of “Express Yourself,” in which she poked fun at Lady Gaga by demonstrating how effortlessly “Born This Way” fit into the melody of her own song (she has, of course, accused Gaga of stealing it before). As drum majorettes marches through the air above the stage and cheerleaders twirled, she took her first step toward reclaiming the territory she actually owns.

Madonna091-M1.jpg

Madonna at HP Pavilion. // Photo by Aron Cooperman.

By the time she’d gotten to “Vogue” and “Candy Shop,” she was slinking through stylish black-and-white tableaux, lesbian bars and vintage cool. That’s the Madonna concert people want to see, because that blend of sophistication, sexuality and pop camp is what Madonna does better than anyone else.

COLUMN: Why Madonna Still Matters

She worked her way through the hits, but the night’s best moment may have been when she acknowledged that it was the 30th anniversary of the release of her first single, “Everybody.” On a stage uncluttered by her big-budget sets or eye-popping stunts (and the stunts were ridiculously good all night, it should be noted), she made an actual connection with the audience as she enlisted their help singing it, having claimed to have possibly forgotten the words. It was fun, it was unexpected, and it showed that Madonna still knows how to surprise her audience in a good way.

Did you make it to the show? Share your thoughts in our comments section.

I was one of the triangle bitches. She noticed our group's bed sheet sign with Happy 30th Everybody a few times before she finally said "I saw it" hahahaha. We didn't see her whack herself with the guitar since we were up front but when she reappeared she had this massive bloody bump on her forehead. We joked around that it was botched botox until she explained it. So fucking amazing. Still high from the whole thing!

I thought it was a pimple hahaha but it made her seem so human, I loved it!

I saw your sign the first night!!! So cool! I was on the side view.

Lol, I thought she said something like, "Yep... I got that."

So happy for you.

MDNA X MDMA - Overall, it was a great show. Martin Solveig's playlist was pretty outstanding. I probably should have attended less inebriated, squealed less like a sorority girl, and behaved myself a bit more. I was starstruck, nevertheless, and I hope she does a Greatest Hits tour one day or an Anti-Tour. I loved the interpolation of "Ashamed of Myself" with "Candy Shop" - it's so sexy.

602415_10152165221495223_756323635_n.jpg

I went with my Barbie. The guy with the rhinestones tried to eat my face - Bro Gone Wild!

Edited by futurelover

So I'm just getting around to this, but wanted to know if anyone else shared this experience...

I consider myself a pretty confident, driven person. It's one of the main reasons why I don't just like but adore Madonna, as she is truly the epitome of confidence and drive.

However, being so near her and right at the front where she performed most of her "personal" songs (Papa Don't Preach, the end of Gang Bang, IDGA, Like a Virgin, etc) was just the most revealing of experiences.

Her eyes (the Madonna STARE, as we call it) are just beyond magnificent. They are also scary cold.

I don't know how anyone can hold her gaze when she's upset or angry.

Anyway, I have seen those eyes and that gaze countless times, of course, but it wasn't until I saw them live and up close that I realize that her stare is fucking REAL. It slays you.

They appear scary, but there's also real vulnerability. Very intense.

It almost rekindled the mystery for me - just when I think I got her figured out, I realize there's so much more to know...