MADONNA - NAKED AMBITION UK C4 DOC

DIRTY PIG

Best documentary of her early years, we all know that as Ive done this thread before BUT can someone tell me the name of the song at the start of this section?

I think its The specials.

I would be eternally grateful if someone could help.

Thanks.

Isn't this the one where Nikki Harris enthusiastically describes how much Madonna loved Dennis Rodman's big *feet*? VH1 Driven shits all over this imo, although we have yet to see a proper, interesting and well-done documentary on her childhood, early years and her rise to fame.

nikki harris is not in this one.

this is one of the only credible ones, very informative. Driven is shit compared to this one.

Oh I see, maybe I got confused,

I'll recheck it then. Did CH4 's Naked Ambition come out in 2004 or before?

I thought it was relatively recent, like after Hung Up but it isn't.. I must've saw a repeat. Think the Nikki one was a rubbish BBC one, not even the main BBC channels, BBC3 or something and Nikki was in that with Menly C and Shitney Tears singing. :doh: Grim.

MADONNA: NAKED AMBITION The true story of the world's biggest pop star before she was famous. UK TV special from 2000 that examines Madonna's early years in New York prior to making it big featuring extremely rare interviews with former manager Camille Barbone; grafitti artist Fab 5 Freddy; backing dancer/clubbing buddy Erica Bell; designer and friend Maripol; and former boyfriends Norriss Burroughs, Stephen Bray, Futurama 2000, Mark Kamins and Dan Gilroy, the man who forever changed the course of Madonna's life when he taught her two simple chords on the guitar and let her join his band, The Breakfast Club.

Last 2 parts are missing :voodoo:

Part 1 of 6. (Please note: This part was slightly edited to remove nudity in order to comply with YouTube guidelines. The other parts remain intact as they were from the original broadcast.. Also, I am unable to upload parts 5 & 6 of 'Naked Ambition' on YouTube due to "copyright" issues

No handy playlist but you could make one to watch in sequence if you liked

If you look at the blurb he says he uploaded them to his vodspot page - and I believe I actually watched some there back in the day. But the link he gives has now been taken down (no doubt youtube/google killed that site). Annoying!

And I guess the nudity that was removed was the legendary "modelling" shots? That would've at least been funny! Nudity is sometimes on youtube, definitely lots of adult content there.

• 1 year later...

Funny you post about the Naked Ambition doc, I watched all six episodes a couple of days ago (5 and 6 on that lockerz website). I also found it better than Driven. But also hoping for new docs that are even more comprehensive, for instance including the whole French Expedition.

This one is from 2000 and includes interview snippets from Freddie DeMann. I had NEVER heard him talk about her after they went their separate ways and I would LOVE to hear more from him. Has anyone ever seen/read post-Madonna DeMann interviews?