Vancouver - Sept 29 & 30

Confessions92

BEAUTIFUL!!!

But I hope Like a virgin returns.

Virgin+Spent is one of the greatest vocal performances Ever!!!

Agreed. It doesn't feel full, all she was repeat the chorus, right? It's not the full song, is it?

I want like a virgin/love spent mash-up for the DVD. Any other shows, I don't mind...she should do whatever she feels for that night.

I don't see how this is any different than other shows.....it feels like she just started LS after LAV per usual...? So she just strips, lays on the floor and starts into LS?

I don't see how this is any different than other shows.....it feels like she just started LS after LAV per usual...? So she just strips, lays on the floor and starts into LS?

That's what I'm confused about...

The press took Madonna's digs at the audience quite literally.

Wonder is she was really in a bad mood, or just in a cheeky mood, bacause the audience seems enthusiastic in the videos I've seen...

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/madonna-channels-the-queen-of-mean-in-vancouver-1.977658

Guest pedrohdi

[media=]

[/media]

I haven't even seen it! I NEEDED to post it here first! Enjoy!

Are you sure this isn't from the first night? Cause I can´t see any differences, even the chanting isn't new!

Guest pedrohdi

The press took Madonna's digs at the audience quite literally.

Wonder is she was really in a bad mood, or just in a cheeky mood, bacause the audience seems enthusiastic in the videos I've seen...

http://bc.ctvnews.ca...couver-1.977658

I guess the audience wasn't that great, but she she seemed to be in a bad mood herself. I guess Brahim is not taking care of business as he should ;)

Are you sure this isn't from the first night? Cause I can´t see any differences, even the chanting isn't new!

I'm actually not sure...someone on my Facebook posted it as the 30th and as the full one...seems unlikely tbh cause its the same thing we've already seen just without LAV in the beginning but she obviously couldve done it and then the recording starts at love spent...idk yet...

"you stoned mother fuckers, i wanna see you dance.." she's just being madonna. we know this, right?

It surprises me some of the cold, bitchy things she says to her audience....lol. I love it though, we fans know it is just her humor, but I can imagine certain people taking offense. I remember the second show for RIT in Ft. Lauderdale, she said something about "not being in the mood for the show that night..." and the audience just stayed quiet, not amused, so she quickly backed it up with "but you guys are giving me so much love that it's put me in the mood..."

Edited by CMoody

I don't think any of these videos are from

She could have done the second verse of LS, if she didn't perform LAV. Bee-otch.

I don't think we still have actual proof of this LS version, or what was sung.

The video that claims to be the standalone LS version is too similar to another video, where indeed LAV is sung before LS (and Madge ends up on the floor).

... It seemed like it was all older people... husbands and wives...!...

Yeah! I agreed, but why?I attended both nights, and peoples sat next to me were kinda old, and no enegry at all alike... :-(

Her audience is getting older so it seems and they can't be arsesd to stand during her show. The people at the Toronto show behind me sat the whole show even though I was standing the entire time.

Who goes to a Madonna concert to sit on their ass anyways?

Look around everywhere you turn is an old person

Is everywhere that you go (look around)

You try everything you can to escape

The old person that you know (old person that you know)

We probably haven't been posting all the reviews/articles, as it's tough to keep up, but here's one from Vancouver. "Holiday" wasn't re-invented; and "Open Your Heart" was with the arrangement, but it was still recognizable, and the melody was the same.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Madonna+show+mostly+style+over+substance/7323942/story.html

Madonna show mostly style over substance

Pop superstar offers eye-popping concert at Rogers Arena but some old hits are barely recognizable

By Francois Marchand, Vancouver Sun October 1, 2012

MADONNA

When: Saturday night

Where: Rogers Arena

Madonna's love affair with religious iconography could lead one to wonder if her live performances have not simply become a celebration of her own quasi-deity status.

Madge's Vancouver concert Saturday night was a testament to the 54-year-old's outlandish sense of self, a grandiose, overblown spectacle that was less about the pop super-star's music than it was about Madonna herself.

Besieged on all sides by rising pop icons looking to claim her crown, Madonna has steadfastly refused to back down and take the easy way out (i.e. "play the hits"), constantly looking to reinvent herself. This never-ending quest to defend her strong-hold has given us the maligned MDNA, a hodgepodge of a pop album that borrowed heavily from Madonna's past, doused in a 2012 EDM sauce. (French DJ Martin Solveig, who assisted in producing the album, was the opener Saturday night.) The same could be said of her concert, where some of her older material was barely recognizable (Like A Virgin trans-formed into a piano-driven dirge, for example), most of it flanked by cuts from MDNA and baked into a two-hour show with a loose storyline based on themes like transgression, prophecy, masculine/ feminine, and celebration.

In a nutshell: Madonna celebrates Madonna, with all the latest technological trimmings and choreographed/cinematic tips of the hat to everyone and everything from Quentin Tarantino to CSI and the Super Bowl. The concept didn't always work and the first segment was so dance-and Auto-Tune-driven that the Queen of Pop's microphone sometimes seemed superfluous (though to her credit, Madonna seemed to sing a good chunk of her material live), but what the ears sometimes failed to get in the form of classic songs, the eyes got in spades in terms of presentation.

Kicking off with a Gregorian chant and more religious over-tones than a trip to St. Peter's, Madonna quickly proved she still has the moves, leading her stellar group of dancers into guns-blazing renditions of Revolver and Gang Bang, with Madge putting a bunch of imaginary bullets into her crew.

Madge didn't hesitate to throw a few barbs at Lady Gaga, mashing Born This Way into Express Yourself and repeating, "She's not me!"

As Nicki Minaj said in her guest appearance on the stage's massive LED screen during I Don't Give A, "There's only one queen and that's Madonna."

Based solely on presentation, Lady Gaga has her work cut out: A floating drum line and cheerleaders galore during Give Me All Your Luvin', a stage made of multiple square, LED-lined platforms rising and falling, acrobatics and costume design worthy of Cirque du Soleil, giant props including chandeliers and huge moving mirrors, it was all cutting edge and state of the art.

"I hope you can appreciate how hard we're working up here," Madonna said between re-imagined versions of Open Your Heart and Holiday, though she mercilessly teased a fan that didn't know the words to her song.

"You're wearing a T-shirt that says Open Your Heart and you don't know the words to the song? What the f---?" But the sold out crowd ate most of it up with glee, especially when Madonna stuck to more faithful versions of her material, the classic self-indulgence of Vogue coming out in vintage black-and-white fashion photo-shoot style.

For all the controversy Madonna has generated on this tour so far - the concert's violent imagery offending in the Middle East, the swastika overlayed atop politician Marine Le Pen's photo irking many in France, sarcastically calling Barack Obama a "Black Muslim" in the U.S., drawing the ire of the Russian church for promoting gay rights and backing punk rock band Pussy Riot - the most shocking thing for many may have simply been the price of admission (up to $375 per ticket), which bordered on the sacrilegious.

When the concert finally culminated on a jubilant note with I'm Addicted, the Bollywood-inflected I'm A Sinner, ending with fan favourite Like A Prayer (complete with gospel choir) and Celebration, there was no doubt Madonna still had a firm grip on her pop crown.