Madonna wanted Lady R for Yankee Stadium?

MadFan

Guest Not4Pussies

oh wow so it was true.

well maybe madonna wanted her to be part of the YS shows, gaga couldnt soooo

M just announced in AC that one day they will.

Guest pedrohdi

She likes Lady Who, but she's also knows that BTW is a rip off of EYS and didn't sue her ass! So I think that means that she likes the bitch and that they will both be on stage together some time soon. I would like to see that! But nothing in the world will make me like lady who! Not even the Queen!

it would make complete sense - and such a promo boost for both of them.

i hate when she makes these purely commercial decisions, but in a way i also admire them. it is, after all, a "stupid game"...

I don't see how it's a purely commercial decision. She's already selling enough tickets, and the album sales aren't going to happen. I think it's more of an olive branch. And was it a commercial decision to perform with Britney on S&S?

Guest Xanthium

More proof this whole public hate between them is nothing but a promo tool.

I wonder if the fans, on either side, who've been so vitriolic now feel manipulated. So glad I stayed out of this "rivalry".

interesting.

lol @ "lets donate the money to charity" it was Madonna's show.

that's one of the reasons why I find this all a bit odd, and why would he even say this and ruin the big controversy and surprise it would cause? and that vincent guy seems like a weird type of manager.

also the way he makes it all turn into "gaga's charity" while ignoring madonna (on her SHOW) completely.. these people are so trained to make her seem like some kind of mother teresa. its disgusting. meanwhile she asks for even more than madonna for concert tickets, doing perfume lines, stealing money that was normally gonna go to japan, a toothbrush line, etc...and shes only in the business for a few years.

part of me thinks that if this is the truth, its not coming from madonna, but either from Guy or gaga's team. its interesting how they make it seem like it is MADONNA who wants a collab (ie. is "desperate" for a collab)

interesting.

lol @ "lets donate the money to charity" it was Madonna's show.

What a deluded bitch :lol: It's Madonna's sold out stadium show and LG would've made a "surprise" appearance, so people wouldn't have purchased tickets because of her. Oh how charitable of her to donate someone else's millions. I too want to donate other people's millions, let's start with LG's fortune; since she hates money, then she would be cool if I donate a good chunk of it to Malawian children and the rest of it to other developing countries to build schools, pay tuitions, or give food to kids around the world. With all the furs LG's wearing, she could build a couple schools.

I also found it eyeroll-inducing how they said Madonna's made derogatory remarks about LG. Hardly, she's just stated the truth and yet still managed to give her plenty of compliments. And what about LG and her people?

Maybe she feels sorry for her and was trying to reach out. I mean she kind of did the same with Britney. If it causes a storm of publicity for her and her tour at the same time I'm sure that wouldn't bother her at all....

I wonder if the fans, on either side, who've been so vitriolic now feel manipulated. So glad I stayed out of this "rivalry".

They wouldn't say so if they did, or wouldn't admit to how lame it is, but oh well i guess.

I don't see how it's a purely commercial decision. She's already selling enough tickets, and the album sales aren't going to happen. I think it's more of an olive branch. And was it a commercial decision to perform with Britney on S&S?

Well, let me take it a step back first - this is coming from Lady Gaga's management team, who has shown to be deluded business people like her. So in reality I'm assuming that what this woman is saying is true (that Madonna invited Lady Gaga to perform).

But anyway, let's pretend she did - you bring up a good point, that Madge has already sold her tickets. However, I don't agree that album sales wouldn't happen. You'd be surprised how many people don't even know Madonna has an album out. Like, no baseline knowledge whatsoever. That's how bad the promo for this has been. This would definitely move a few thousand copies, if done well. It's sad to say, but... that would be my hypothesis. And why not try it then?

On the other hand, as you say, there may be more to this than just a commercial reason. I just don't see it. I don't buy Madonna's conciliatory speeches for a second. Once she's made up her mind about you, you're dead to her. I don't believe in a Madonna that actually just wants to be friends with her most obvious competition ever (no, Brit Brit doesn't count, sorry). I believe in a Madonna who is not content to be #1 - she has to be the only one. We'll see...

I actually always believed Madge and Brit had a genuine good relationship, but then again I'm certain Madonna never saw a real competitor in her. Particularly because at the time Madonna was too focused on being an avant-garde indie artist, a film director's wife, and a humanitarian. I think she genuinely believed she was above the Pop realm. Until the VMAs, of course. She was not into fighting for the Top 40 charts like she seems to have been since 2006. By the time Britney was invited to make a brief cameo in S&S, it was all over.

What a deluded bitch :lol: It's Madonna's sold out stadium show and LG would've made a "surprise" appearance, so people wouldn't have purchased tickets because of her. Oh how charitable of her to donate someone else's millions. I too want to donate other people's millions, let's start with LG's fortune; since she hates money,

"Oh Madonna, lets donate the millions we will make from our sold out show at Yankee stadium to my Japan relief charity"

I interpreted it as him saying that the money that Lady Gaga would have been paid to appear at Madonna's show would have been donated to charity. It's naive to think that money didn't change hands when Britney, Pharrell, Justin and Timbaland made "surprise appearances" during S&S. They each would have been paid an appearance fee. Lady Gaga would have been, too, and this is what would have been donated to charity.

The comments on that video are ridiculous. Many of Lady Gaga's fans are hell bent on discrediting Madonna and they refuse to acknowledge her influence or impact. It's sad, really. Of course, many of Madonna's fans are just as bad, but at least if they claim that Madonna is more successful than Lady Gaga, they've got the stats to back them up....!

Guest bluejean

Honestly, I think this interview just sheds light on the reality. As much as fans like to dramatise the whole thing, the fact is Madonna said what she thought, Gaga got all passive aggressive defensive about it but in reality and both parties are far busier doing their tours/music/careers to sit around thinking about eachother or worrying about who said what. Really, Madonna did that segment in her show not as a diss but a) because she hates comparisons and b) because she knew it would gain her publicity. And so then Madonna asked Gaga to perform to make a point that she doesn't hate her and for the added publicity. Gaga was of course willing to do it for her own publicity. It's really much ado about nothing.

I don't really believe they set any of this up from the start, otherwise the performance would have been locked in from the start and would have happened or definitely be happening. It seems like an afterthought to me.

Honestly, I think this interview just sheds light on the reality. As much as fans like to dramatise the whole thing, the fact is Madonna said what she thought, Gaga got all passive aggressive defensive about it but in reality and both parties are far busier doing their tours/music/careers to sit around thinking about eachother or worrying about who said what. Really, Madonna did that segment in her show not as a diss but a) because she hates comparisons and b) because she knew it would gain her publicity. And so then Madonna asked Gaga to perform to make a point that she doesn't hate her and for the added publicity. Gaga was of course willing to do it for her own publicity. It's really much ado about nothing.

I don't really believe they set any of this up from the start, otherwise the performance would have been locked in from the start and would have happened or definitely be happening. It seems like an afterthought to me.

:thumbsup: