Madonna dedicates "Masterpiece" to Gaga. The ultimate diss? Discuss!

Apples388

"I will sing with Madonna for Artpop, this is an orgasm ! I'm her imitation, for me she is such as a grandmother"- Lady Gaga on LittleMonsters.Com

Is that real? :lmao:

Awww! She's starting to know what irony means! But next time try something useful gagart, ageism doesn't take Madonna down.

I wish Madonna would just let it go. Reductive and the inclusion if BTW was enough. I think something was probably said to her recently that made her comment on Gaga again. I mean she only dedicated Masterpiece to EJ because he had just dissed her. Just seems so random and close enough to being pathetic.

i posted this in gaga thread, a fan in the pitt had a Gaga t-shirt on.... Madonna comments on fan t-shirts a lot.

She's a victim how? oh here's the vid I was talking about

[media=]

[/media]

so much better than anything Madonna's said about it tbh

Actually it's a totally sanctimonious whiny 11 minute speech which totally attempts to absolve her of responsibility. But you know, those are the kinds of people she appeals to. The impressionable, the neutered, etc. I'd have more respect for her if she just didn't respond at all, and up until then, she didn't. But she had to go and open her big mouth and cry about it :lol:

Oh and yes Gaga loves the role of victim - that's how she got her Mother Monster reputation and fans that followed, where have you been?

Actually it's a totally sanctimonious whiny 11 minute speech which totally attempts to absolve her of responsibility. But you know, those are the kinds of people she appeals to. Impressionable, neutered ppl, etc.

Oh and yes Gaga loves the role of victim - that's how she got her Mother Monster reputation and fans that followed, where have you been?

Responsibility to... kiss Madonna's ass? Like I said previously, Gaga didn't intentionally rip off Express Yourself. When it came out there were videos comparing it to about 10 different songs (which in itself means all the songs it got compared to sound like each other). Madonna was the easiest and most potent comparison. Throughout this entire "feud" Madonna has made herself look catty and Gaga has come off looking mature. There's no denying it's rather pathetic Madonna continues to harp on this, when in the grand scheme of things it isn't that important. But Madonna continues to make it important, which is why I asked who is the master and who is the slave. I don't even know why there's such resistance when half of the people here agree with me Madonna is making herself look stupid.

Responsibility to... kiss Madonna's ass? Like I said previously, Gaga didn't intentionally rip off Express Yourself. When it came out there were videos comparing it to about 10 different songs (which in itself means all the songs it got compared to sound like each other). Madonna was the easiest and most potent comparison. Throughout this entire "feud" Madonna has made herself look catty and Gaga has come off looking mature. There's no denying it's rather pathetic Madonna continues to harp on this, when in the grand scheme of things it isn't that important. But Madonna continues to make it important, which is why I asked who is the master and who is the slave. I don't even know why there's such resistance when half of the people here agree with me Madonna is making herself look stupid.

Responsibility for being a bit of a passive aggressive dolt, making up stories, and acting like someone slapped her mother when people like NME brought up the comparison to Express Yourself. I mean none of this had to be all that nice for Madonna to hear and you know how annoyed she gets when people try to pull the wool over her eyes.

Allegedly, a fan was wearing a Gaga shirt in the pit that said "she's not you" and it prompted Madonna to dedicate Masterpiece to Gaga, and she added her silly little "imitation is the greatest form of flattery" as a rather benign elbow to Gaga, and of course Gaga fans, sensitive to even the tiniest criticism, are once again blowing it out of the water, and guess why? Because they know she's right.

And you can think Madonna's making herself look stupid all you want - the problem will always come down to the fact that she doesn't care what people will say when she speaks, and never will, and that's what sets her apart from Gaga, one has a sense of humor, the other doesn't, & will feed you exactly what you want to hear, all through a faux-empowering Madonna filter while she's at it.

1.) If you think Madonna is immature for doing the mash-up, reductive, etc then you obviously don't get her sense of humour. Are you even a fan?

2.) And how dare her, Madonna, perhaps the greatest pop music superstar have an OPINION about a song that's so obviously similar to a song of hers.

Madonna got the immediate backlash at the price of the long run: she kinda solidified that that song will always be the "Express Yourself" ripoff + Gags will be under the Madonna microscope for...well, ever. Not Bowie, Queen or anyone else. :fag:

Responsibility for being a bit of a passive aggressive dolt, making up stories, and acting like someone slapped her mother when people like NME brought up the comparison to Express Yourself. I mean none of this had to be all that nice for Madonna to hear and you know how annoyed she gets when people try to pull the wool over her eyes.

Allegedly, a fan was wearing a Gaga shirt in the pit that said "she's not you" and it prompted Madonna to dedicate Masterpiece to Gaga, and she added her silly little "imitation is the greatest form of flattery" as a rather benign elbow to Gaga, and of course Gaga fans, sensitive to even the tiniest criticism, are once again blowing it out of the water, and guess why? Because they know she's right.

And you can think Madonna's making herself look stupid all you want - the problem will always come down to the fact that she doesn't care what people will say when she speaks, and never will, and that's what sets her apart from Gaga. One is fearless and full of humor, and the other one feeds you exactly what you want to hear, all through a faux-empowering Madonna filter while she's at it.

Regardless of Gaga's intent, Madonna's continued bittereness is unbecoming. Reductive, awesome, mashup, great, she's not me... ok, the continued soundbites and now this... too much. Madonna can't get up there and support anti bullying and world peace while she's picking on someone less than half her age. Gaga actually practices what she preaches and has taken the high road. Madonna's "humor" aside, she's still targeting someone and relentelessly at that. She needs to grow up but she never will which is why she's Madonna.

1.) If you think Madonna is immature for doing the mash-up, reductive, etc then you obviously don't get her sense of humour. Are you even a fan?

2.) And how dare her, Madonna, perhaps the greatest pop music superstar have an OPINION about a song that's so obviously similar to a song of hers.

Yes, I'm a fan. You don't need to hate Lady Gaga to love Madonna and vice versa. That's such childish bullshit. "Reductive" was brilliant and so was the mashup, as said above, the added she's not me felt unnecessary. To me the mashup was a chance to say lol look no big deal all good, but the SNM part was like oh... you still need to take a dig? It is immature.

Nothing wrong with having the opinion, beating it to a pulp and exploiting it for attention is what's tacky.

Regardless of Gaga's intent, Madonna's continued bittereness is unbecoming. Reductive, awesome, mashup, great, she's not me... ok, the continued soundbites and now this... too much. Madonna can't get up there and support anti bullying and world peace while she's picking on someone less than half her age. Gaga actually practices what she preaches and has taken the high road. Madonna's "humor" aside, she's still targeting someone and relentelessly at that. She needs to grow up but she never will which is why she's Madonna.

how do you not get that gaga does what she does to Madonna TO GET A REACTION even a negative one is what people like that want- like an internet troll. SHE WANTS IT! Madonna is not a bully.

Ketchup, I really think the most telling thing about all of this is how you're referencing anti bullying and anti violence - I mean are we for real here. BULLYING?

You wanna talk about people who get bullied? Let's start with Madonna, who among other things this year, has been called a cunt, an old stripper, an old hag who supports drug use, and a narcissistic cunt, and these are actual quotes from fellow celebrities. That's just this year, over the years she's been called even worse. And do you think she'd sit on a piano for 11 minutes to talk about it?

how do you not get that gaga does what she does to Madonna TO GET A REACTION even a negative one is what people like that want- like an internet troll. SHE WANTS IT! Madonna is not a bully.

What does Gaga do TO Madonna? Denying her influence? I think it was pretty funny when she thanked Whitney Houston at the Grammys :lol: But I think at that point she was already fed up

Ketchup, I really think the most telling thing about all of this is how you're referencing anti bullying and anti violence - I mean are we for real here. BULLYING?

You wanna talk about people who get bullied? Let's start with Madonna, who among other things this year, has been called a cunt, an old stripper, an old hag who supports drug use, and a narcissistic cunt, and these are actual quotes from fellow celebrities. That's just this year, over the years she's been called even worse. And do you think she'd sit on a piano for 11 minutes to talk about it?

Yes, bullying. That's easy to laugh at cus you can say I'm taking it very seriously. When you compare how both women are handling it, and what "Born This Way" is about, it's easy to see Gaga is doing it right. Madonna's cuntiness is good for a laugh but Gaga taking the high road will always be more admirable, especially when the song in question is about this topic. And people making one off comments about Madonna and Madonna's campaign against Gaga are two different things.

What does Gaga do TO Madonna? Denying her influence? I think it was pretty funny when she thanked Whitney Houston at the Grammys :lol: But I think at that point she was already fed up

Yes, bullying. That's easy to laugh at cus you can say I'm taking it very seriously. When you compare how both women are handling it, and what "Born This Way" is about, it's easy to see Gaga is doing it right. Madonna's cuntiness is good for a laugh but Gaga taking the high road will always be more admirable, especially when the song in question is about this topic. And people making one off comments about Madonna and Madonna's campaign against Gaga are two different things.

But she didn't do it right, she came out and made thinly veiled digs and whined about it instead of having a backbone and saying "whatever". Or better yet, saying nothing. So no high road was taken at all - in fact, NO ROAD was taken, becuase she'd rather pussyfoot.

There is no campaign against Gaga, you're creating this all in your head because you love both of these women; what it is is a publicity stunt which Madonna practically invented, and it's there to make you think there's a feud. In fact I wonder if both of them are in on it since they share so many of the same posse and are even on THE SAME RECORD LABEL.

I can't fault you for buying into it though, because look how much this very forum has bought into it, even myself.

Gaga is dropping the whole message thing next album because it caused a sales decline, so much for that LOL!

And people making one off comments about Madonna and Madonna's campaign against Gaga are two different things.

Oh, and I want you to clarify this - how are personal, ugly insults at Madonna somehow easy to dismiss and yet you take Madonna's completely non personal remarks and jabs against Gaga to be actual bullying?

Bullying is a vicious insulting, ridiculing or threatening act against another person. There's no real gray area with that word. Either someone is being bullied or they're not. If Gaga thinks she's being bullied then wow, is all I have to say. Perhaps a sense of humor and some growing up is in order (hey the road goes both ways doesn't it?)But I sincerely doubt that's the case, or at least I hope so. Perhaps you shouldn't speak for her and make her sound like a cowering little daisy - not sure she would like that very much!

But she didn't do it right, she came out and made thinly veiled digs and whined about it instead of having a backbone and saying "whatever". Or better yet, saying nothing. So no high road was taken at all - in fact, NO ROAD was taken, becuase she'd rather pussyfoot.

There is no campaign against Gaga, you're creating this all in your head because you love both of these women; what it is is a publicity stunt which Madonna practically invented, and it's there to make you think there's a feud. In fact I wonder if both of them are in on it since they share so many of the same posse and are even on THE SAME RECORD LABEL.

Like Ive said before any other pop star would kill for this sort of fued.... Gaga was CLEARLY egging it on, Madonna gives it an airing once in a while but doesn't really need it. the end.