Montreal august 30th, Bell Center

Littlebastard

The reviews in Germany were very good, some even ecstatic. The few nasty reviews, mainly in the UK and France, paint a completely wrong picture. We all know that people thrive on negativity so those reviews got more attention, especially what happened at the Olympia show. The show was generally very well received in Europe though.

I get the idea that europe is in an all loving gaga mood while the US is a bit sick of her- and its the complete opposite for Madonna. she over saturated the european market and didnt get amazing reviews for SS either.. said it before & i'll say it again, I think SS I or II are the worst kind of shows to "introduce" some new audiences/markets to madonna. had she done a second leg with this tour, or even confessions and especially RIT, things would have been very different.

plus of course the outdoor/stadium reason as someone pointed out before me

I think at the end of the day every fan in Europe loved the show and aknowledged that it's certainly one of her finest ever in several aspects. Even the press was positive about it 85% of the times and when it wasn't it was more to do with the fact that they were setting out to find fault in the first place ...... Like when they take the ass baring out of the performance context and bash her for it, without saying how fluid the whole show is and how technically is executed to perfection, the quality of all the concert's various components etc etc. Vocally she sounds amazing in the parts she is singing live (where it's actually possible to sing that number live, it's not like some who just don't bother to sing live per se even when they're standing there not moving a muscle)

said it before & i'll say it again, I think SS I or II are the worst kind of shows to "introduce" some new audiences/markets to madonna. had she done a second leg with this tour, or even confessions and especially RIT, things would have been very different.

AMEN TO THAT!!!

The reviews in Germany were very good, some even ecstatic. The few nasty reviews, mainly in the UK and France, paint a completely wrong picture. We all know that people thrive on negativity so those reviews got more attention, especially what happened at the Olympia show. The show was generally very well received in Europe though.

Oh I know it wasnt all bad reviews, just talking about my country, and I think the UK, france, sweden and norway were bad as well because the tour "didnt have enough hits" or "she didnt sing live' (even though.. she did.) sorry for generalising. wasnt my intention :)

Hey all. newbie here. Getting right into it.

Please,I need the complete LAP from Montreal like a I need the air that I breathe :) BTW, to those who've been to multiple shows, in Montreal, at the start of IDGAF, there is a long catwalk that I think is just the best thing ever BUT I do not remember it from other shows. Has it been the same? Or did we just get lucky because of how the stage was set up in Montreal? i can not tell you how many times I have watched that strut filled with attitude. Its on the squaremadonna website. The IDGAF vid...from the 1:07 mark. It is priceless. If I could get just those 30 seconds...and cut to when Nicki says"Theres only one Queen and that's Madonna!" M's face is priceless;)

Guest pedrohdi

All the fans, and non fans loved the show in Europe! This was one hell of a show to introduce Madonna Live for the first time. The press writes whatever they want and as usually us fans and Madonna herself don't give a shit! Who reads reviews anyway? If people cared for reviews, most of the best grossing movies of all time would've bombed at boxoffice. Those who can't do... write reviews loool

I thought, "what could be so worth crying?"

I pressed play and I had to hold back my emotions!

That guy is so lucky!

wow! he´s going to have problems to sleep for a week!!!! he´s reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly lucky! I would have pissed myself!!!!

by the way, is she using new boots>???

I dont know, why some claim, that the show wasnt well received in Europe.People in Israel, Turkey, Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Poland were really great. I only can talk about Turkey and Germany and the crowed in Cologne was fantastic. YOu can see the whole show in youtube. ALso turkish crowed were crazy aswell. Of course in a stadium you will not hear the noise, the loudness as much as in an arena. But nervertheless, this tour recevied much more positive reception than the previous one.