NYC YANKEE STADIUM - SEPTEMBER 6 (we're dying right now)

Ai Papi Si.

How many tickets sold so far for both shows? Does anyone know?

46. The rest are freebies given out by homeless people and Guy Oseary around the streets

I dunno, I liked the whole "homecoming" thing. I think doing Detroit again for DWT was abit lame. In a perfect world London would have been the show for that and then she could have done New York for Confessions. Singing 'I Love NY' on a London DVD was abit silly.

YES! London would've been perfect for a DWT DVD as she was "British" at the time and she was in one of those periods where she could do no wrong with them. That whole time period is very "Euro-centric" to me so London would've been ideal but really any European show would've been wonderful. The bootleg from and NYC CT show that has been going around for years (the one with Lenny Kravitz in the audience) has sooooo much more energy than the released DVD of the London show. I actually forgot about ILNY so yeah, NYC should've been a shoe-in for CT DVD release. She got it right with the S&S DVD release though.

Guest Fukujima

46. The rest are freebies given out by homeless people and Guy Oseary around the streets

and people still say he is a greedy cunt

Would have loved to go to one of the Yankee Stadium shows. Ah well. Maybe she will play there again the next time around.

Just to be part of a crowd that large. The energy will be amazing.

Cant wait for the bitch to hit the states in general. BRING ON THE QUEEN!

I wonder if she will do any kind of TV interviews or apperances in the states?

The way Guy talked about it, it seemed like they were going to be planning some pretty revolutionary things with this tour in terms of pumping it out to social media outlets to help sell the album and shit. At least thats what I thought he was talking about when he said that they were setting up a promotional model that future artists would probably follow, but so far I havent seen anything that would show me thats the case. Release an album with no promo, and go right on tour.......Talk about breaking the mold and thinking out side the box Guy.......:lol:

Sorry going off topic.

Guest pedrohdi

loooooool do you know how many freebies were given, then?

YES! London would've been perfect for a DWT DVD as she was "British" at the time and she was in one of those periods where she could do no wrong with them. That whole time period is very "Euro-centric" to me so London would've been ideal but really any European show would've been wonderful. The bootleg from and NYC CT show that has been going around for years (the one with Lenny Kravitz in the audience) has sooooo much more energy than the released DVD of the London show. I actually forgot about ILNY so yeah, NYC should've been a shoe-in for CT DVD release. She got it right with the S&S DVD release though.

she was on fire in NYC!

I saw a list of opening acts for the US dates somewhere a month or so ago, forget where, but the Yankee dates were TBA- does anyone know if an opening act has been named yet?

I wasnt supposed to say, but Sir GuGu is going to be the opening act!!! SUPRISE!!!!

Guest bluejean

I was at the Confessions birthday show and the crowd were shit hot throughout but that seems lost on the cuts on the d DVD

Yeah 1/2 that DVD is in slow motion, maybe that's why

Guest bluejean

:lmao:

You guys are obsessed with Sir GuGu, I hope you actually all meet up in NYC and take some group photos. I'm sad I can't be there.

:lmao:

You guys are obsessed with Sir GuGu, I hope you actually all meet up in NYC and take some group photos. I'm sad I can't be there.

Oh I will break GuGu's camera if I run into him at MSG and he tries to take my picture.

I'd totally take a pic with Sir Gugu

:lmao: I would but I doubt he'd want to take 1 with me. I think he's so annoying and I am sometimes a real dick to him, but I don't hate him and Id be happy to do a group foto. If I could compare my relationship with Sir Gugu... Imagine me as the 2 Siamese kitties from Lady In The Tramp. Sir Gugu is lady and I'm the kitties :chuckle:

Guest bluejean

The way Guy talked about it, it seemed like they were going to be planning some pretty revolutionary things with this tour in terms of pumping it out to social media outlets to help sell the album and shit. At least thats what I thought he was talking about when he said that they were setting up a promotional model that future artists would probably follow, but so far I havent seen anything that would show me thats the case.

Maybe he was referring to all the controversies. Although I can't see Rihanna or Katy Perry flopping their boobs out anytime soon.

I so wish I was going to a Yankee Stadium show!! I know it's going to be off the hook insane!!! I've been to 3 NYC shows since DWT and they are the best.

I know, me, too... I've been to 2 shows in NYC (CT and S&ST) -- the audience energy is amazing, and she always gives a good show when she's getting positive energy that way. Just didn't work out for me timing wise this tour, with my friends' expecting their firstborn son on the date of the first Yankee Stadium gig. And then MSG getting announced so late, after I already had tix to other shows...

Oh well -- we demand photos, folks!

PS- Miguel, my sister and her fam are moving to Dallas... maybe I should visit when Madonna's going to be there! :)

I know, me, too... I've been to 2 shows in NYC (CT and S&ST) -- the audience energy is amazing, and she always gives a good show when she's getting positive energy that way. Just didn't work out for me timing wise this tour, with my friends' expecting their firstborn son on the date of the first Yankee Stadium gig. And then MSG getting announced so late, after I already had tix to other shows...

Oh well -- we demand photos, folks!

PS- Miguel, my sister and her fam are moving to Dallas... maybe I should visit when Madonna's going to be there! :)

Yes come say hello! :)

Maybe he was referring to all the controversies. Although I can't see Rihanna or Katy Perry flopping their boobs out anytime soon.

Wait, didn't Katy have a wardrobe malfunction with a swimsuit recently? I just saw the headlines about her laughing it off ... I have no idea if it involved her bosom or not.