15 August - Oslo (birthday show)

Msig

Neil aka AndIFeel in the MadonnaTribe forum

"Wow, what a birthday show,

Hearts went shooting up during open your heart!

Spoke to Guy, Security and Nicki before the show to let them know what we were up To! They were happy and excited! Nicki said she would speak to Kevin to get a rendition of Happy Birthday started...in the end the crowd started it so they didn't need to!

Madonna said it was the best birthday present ever.

Later, before like a virgin she sang 'happy birthday to my ass', before ripping her corset and laughing at the end.

She later screamed 'happy birthday to me' at the end of Celebation,

Lots more, I'll write about it tomoro."

How nice of M to publically acknowledge the people working on, behind and beneath the stage. :D One big MDNA family

Awwww. :wow:

Wonder if the show ran past midnight so it really was her birthday. Wasn't it her 1st tour without a date on her b'day since DWT?

Wonder if the show ran past midnight so it really was her birthday. Wasn't it her 1st tour without a date on her b'day since DWT?

Don't know when she show ended, but CT and S&S are the only tours during which she has played shows on her actual b'day.

UPDATE: Yesterday's show ended just before midnight.

Just read VG and Aftenposten's reviews. Neither reviewer watched the whole show!!! Aftenposten's reviewer watched only the first 45 minutes, while the VG reviewer had to leave during "I'm a Sinner" in order to make his deadline.

Both reviewers give Madonna a hard time, writing that there were too many new/unknown songs and too little old classics for the general audience, and that the first section is far too dark and serious.

At least, VG's reviewer acknowledges that Madonna is the hardest-working woman in showbiz and that she show is technologically impressive, but thinks she should "pull the plug and live a normal life for a few years" before the starts working on her next album, and that her next tour should have a more danceable setlist.

Dagbladet's "review" doesn't mention anything about yesterday's show. It's basically a summary of the controversies that have risen during the tour (guns, nipple flash, Pussy Riot, LGBT support in Russia) and mentions that there were about 20,000 people in the audience.

The fan reviews, however, are amazing. Weekly tabloid Se & Hør is also generally positive.

its nice when reviewers review her life, LMAO, not

she always thanks the people behind the stage sooner or later.

why is she playing to such small crowds!??!!? even in russia only 25,000 each show, wtf.

Actually she performed on August 15 on S&ST, not on 16.

Fuck! you're right :blush:

That makes Confessions the only time she has performed on her actual birthday.

As far as I recall, that was one of the three shows filmed for the dvd, though the close-ups and audio are from the day before.

Later, before like a virgin she sang 'happy birthday to my ass', before ripping her corset and laughing at the end.

She later screamed 'happy birthday to me' at the end of Celebation,

:dead: She's hilar.

Both reviewers give Madonna a hard time, writing that there were too many new/unknown songs and too little old classics for the general audience, and that the first section is far too dark and serious.

The usual pointless objection.

Does the fact that she performed new material as she's always done in her concerts make her show lesser?

More photos from yesterday's show...

Originally posted by Sylvia McKeown:

photo-by-sylvia-mckeownm4.jpg

Here one posted by Lara May:

photo-credit-lara-may18.jpg

From Norwegian public-service radio station NRK P3:

p3.jpeg

NRK P3 have reviewed the show, too. Unlike VG and Aftenposten, their reviewer watched the entire show, but the review is similar, though more positive in tone. The production is praised, while the setlist is criticized. In the reviewer's opinion, the highlights were "Express Yourself", "Vogue", "Like a Virgin" and "Like a Prayer".

There are very few videos from yesterday's show on YouTube.

The ones below are among them:

No offense to anyone, but this venue looks like shit. A great big high school gymnasium. :zombie:

Seems you're not the only one who thinks so.. Here's Neil aka AndIFeel's review of the venue:

"The Arena was a dump in the middle of nowhere that looked like what you expect the back of Argos to look like, with a few buses to get people back, so chances our a few people are still stranded there. Lol.

Seriously, there were no toilets in the stadium. You had to exit GC, walk through general admission (I.e. walk the entire length of the pitch) and exit the stadium to the stinking urinals outside, then battle back in: each toilet trip took 30 minutes.

Oh and you could buy hot dogs. That was the food selection.Outside. No food for sale in the arena,

Shithole of a venue, but better than car park, gravel pit, children's playground, abandoned airfield, cornfield or scary island so I guess I shouldn't moan...."

By the way, this venue is actually located in Bærum, not Olso. Sorry to sound like a geography nerd. :1251:

I know - but Bærum is part of the Oslo metropolitan area. ;)