Best Spot in the Golden Triangle...

Mensch

Let's just say you win PIT tickets...

Is it better to be dead center front or in the back?

I was thinking its probably better to be in the back by the front of the V so you can see everything clearly in front of you and be close to her when she's on the V...

Any of you that went or anyone else's opinions?

I was lucky enough to win Pit tickets in Copenhagen. I aimed for front row centre (and ended up about 3-4 people from dead centre) - it was AMAZING!!! I had been outside the triangle for the previous two shows (front row just down from the tip - stage left one night, stage right another), so I had already seen what happened on the catwalk stage and had a brilliant view of the whole stage. I was blown away by how much more detail I saw when I was so close to the main stage. Having said that, if you're only going to see one show (and you end up in the Pit), then as far back as possible is probably the best place to be (I'm short and couldn't see a thing that was happening on the catwalk stage, but as I said, I'd already seen it all before, so it was OK). If you want the best chance of touching Madonna from inside the catwalk, then you need to be in the front row either to the far right or the far left (there are small platforms that extend slightly out from the main stage - she leans down and touches people's hands during OYH and LAP). A friend of mine got to touch her twice from those positions. I'm short, so I didn't bother trying to get to the corner, as I knew I wouldn't have a hope and that taller people behind me would probably reach over my head :). I was more than satisfied with her singing part of the chorus of LAP to me, looking straight into my eyes :)

The best position in the house for seeing the whole stage is at the tip of the triangle, but obviously in the US, there's no hope of getting there unless you've been lucky enough to score tickets in that exact spot.

Fingers crossed for you! My experience in the Pit was the most amazing concert experience of my entire life :)

Is it possible to win pit tickets with gold circle tickets or just early entry?

Both.

• 2 weeks later...

Front row closest to the stage is great because you see the opening and closing right in front of you.

(~~~~~SPOILER: The censer and incense literally swings over your head.~~~~~)

But if I could do it again, in addition to having already been in the front row, I would go near the tip of the triangle on the opposite side. A good amount of the show (several bits of a handful of songs) happen there and if you are right up front by the stage, it is occasionally hard to see. Tip of the triangle is the best option if you don't care about making eye contact with Madonna and just want to be in the middle of the action the whole time. Front row is more personal, but at times the views are obstructed.

Shout out to Sec 5, center of row 1. It's 3ft away from the tip of the triangle where madonna is facing you at all times.

so basically tip of the triangle (as far from the main stage) is the best option...i wonder how in advance i will be able to get in so i can make it :)

Can people take cameras /cellphones in there?

No problems on this tour at all with cameras / phones - and in the GT I was filming away in full view of all security and everyone and no-one cares this time.

The only thing that's very strictly forbidden in the GT is food and drink.

As for getting your place - apart from the very front row, you should find that you can move around that GT at leisure throughout the show and go from the tip to the front to the sides etc. etc. They don't pack it.

If you don't mind spoilers check my video below - most of it was filmed in the Dublin GT and in many shots you see how spacious it is.

No problems on this tour at all with cameras / phones - and in the GT I was filming away in full view of all security and everyone and no-one cares this time.

The only thing that's very strictly forbidden in the GT is food and drink.

As for getting your place - apart from the very front row, you should find that you can move around that GT at leisure throughout the show and go from the tip to the front to the sides etc. etc. They don't pack it.

If you don't mind spoilers check my video below - most of it was filmed in the Dublin GT and in many shots you see how spacious it is.

Thanks! very useful info :) Can't wait!

Funny how everyone ignored the topic until I saw the show. :lol:

Best spot is the end of the triangle.

I replied the day after you started the topic and you ignored my response :p

I wouldn't swap my front row experience in the triangle for anything, but as I said, I'd already seen the show, so I didn't mind not seeing the triangle stage clearly. It was the same when I saw S&S and CT from the very front row - I missed what was happening on the catwalk stage, but it didn't matter because in both instances, I'd seen the show from the end of the catwalk the show before.

Glad you had a good time!

so basically tip of the triangle (as far from the main stage) is the best option...i wonder how in advance i will be able to get in so i can make it :)

Can people take cameras /cellphones in there?

If you're not in the very front row, then yes. To be in the front, you'll need to get there by 4pm or 5pm to be among the first in line waiting for the GT ticket and wristband because they distribute it at 6. After that everyone ran to wait outside of the different entrances/inside of arena bars until 7, when everyone ran again to actually get downstairs and run into the triangle.

Of course these were only the people vying for front row. If you don't care about being front row, you can pick up you GT ticket/band as late as 8:30 and then go straight down. The triangle wasn't even full until close to 9 and this way you'll save yourself a few hours of standing around.

Front row closest to the stage is great because you see the opening and closing right in front of you.

(~~~~~SPOILER: The censer and incense literally swings over your head.~~~~~)

It didn't work properly when I was in the GT, unfortunately - I missed what happened, but all of a sudden, the monks were walking away and the censer was moving in a line perpendicular to the stage, but not swinging (those who hadn't seen the show before would have been wondering what the "swooshing" sound effects were all about!). I was slightly disappointed, because I had though it would be cool to be underneath it, but ultimately, it didn't matter at all - I had Madonna right in front of me more times that I could count, and she looked right into my eyes while she was singing the chorus of LAP, so I can't complain :)

If you're not in the very front row, then yes. To be in the front, you'll need to get there by 4pm or 5pm to be among the first in line waiting for the GT ticket and wristband because they distribute it at 6. After that everyone ran to wait outside of the different entrances/inside of arena bars until 7, when everyone ran again to actually get downstairs and run into the triangle.

Of course these were only the people vying for front row. If you don't care about being front row, you can pick up you GT ticket/band as late as 8:30 and then go straight down. The triangle wasn't even full until close to 9 and this way you'll save yourself a few hours of standing around.

To get to the front row of the GT in Copenhagen, I arrived at the venue 12 hours before the show started. That's just the way it works in Europe :)

I replied the day after you started the topic and you ignored my response :p

I wouldn't swap my front row experience in the triangle for anything, but as I said, I'd already seen the show, so I didn't mind not seeing the triangle stage clearly. It was the same when I saw S&S and CT from the very front row - I missed what was happening on the catwalk stage, but it didn't matter because in both instances, I'd seen the show from the end of the catwalk the show before.

Glad you had a good time!

:lol: for some reason, I didn't realize anyone had written in it so I forgot about it until now that its reemerged on top of the topics...but thanks anyway of course! I saw it in the triangle so I missed what happened in the front of the catwalk (I saw her from behind which was cool to see the dances like that) so I'm curious if my B5 section row 14 would be a good view or if I'm going to want to try to get into the PIT again?! What do you think?

So, finally after Montreal GT i can say that the end of the triangle was amazing experience for me and i can't complain, it was awesome, (maybe not so much if you are short for the fact that everyone is filming the show with their cameras up in everyones faces and at some points its hard to see...), if you are short, front row might be better, but then again you will miss some performances that are done entirely in the catwalk (whcih i think is not that many)...

so, even after being in the GT i can't decide what would have been better, the simply fact of being in the GT will ensure a fantastic experience

if you want to touch madonna, i think is better in the front right...i swear she did that several times..i did touch her once in Like a Prayer though, near the tip/left

Yeah, she hits both front corners during 'Like A Prayer'...it happened during another number, but I can't remember which one right now.

Tried for a touch. Shut out, but I got a point and a smile, so it's all good. :)

That's amazing! Is the stage super high though? I think it would be really cool to be so close during Vogue and Gang Bang!

Edited by timothyj

That's amazing! Is the stage super high though? I think it would be really cool to be so close during Vogue and Gang Bang!

During Vogue, if you're in the front, you can't see her. I was at the end of the triangle, dead center by the tip, and it was perfect. I could see EVERYTHING CLEARLY! Gang Bang, no matter where you are it's amazing. The set is so much nicer in person.

I won free pitt tickets on twitter from Guy Oseary the night before the montreal show this week. I didnt even need to hace a ticket to the show already. Incredible experience one ill never forget. Best seat in the house. For free!!!

I love Guy! I met him at the show and he was very nice to her fans and taking pics of M all night. He even was listening to her speech during Like A Virgin and was laughing and totally amused. He seems like a very nice guy.

So if you want to touch Madonna you have to be in the triangle but on the front corners? Not by the tip of the triangle right?

towards the end of Like a Prayer she comes to the right side of the triangle, from the middle to the tip and high-five (or better said low-five) a bunch of us there..thats a good spot cause you can see the whole show, plus you see her up close during LAV and other performances...

For S&ST I was on the floor. While excited, the view kinda blocked by the tall people. So for MDNA I decided to get seats off the floor again like I did for CT to be able to view the whole show. But after reading the experience of people in the Golden Triangle, I think I'm going to give it a go for once in a lifetime experience. I can always view the whole show on DVD. :)

so this will be my first Madonna concert going to the MDNA tour. & if I happen to get into the golden triangle, having seen almost all the concert from youtube videos, so I know what's going to happen. where would be the best spot for me to pick in the triangle? I'm short. 5'2" so I really would like to see the whole stage and everything. that's what I'm a little worried about that I won't be able to. I was thinking missing the things on the walkway but if I can't see everything from the front row, I would be missing out on stuff too. what do you think?

so this will be my first Madonna concert going to the MDNA tour. & if I happen to get into the golden triangle, having seen almost all the concert from youtube videos, so I know what's going to happen. where would be the best spot for me to pick in the triangle? I'm short. 5'2" so I really would like to see the whole stage and everything. that's what I'm a little worried about that I won't be able to. I was thinking missing the things on the walkway but if I can't see everything from the front row, I would be missing out on stuff too. what do you think?

Wish there was a concrete answer to this..in my opinion there is not a "bad" spot in the traingle, neither a perfect one, so you have to know what you want to compromise. If you are short and you are in the front you may miss lots o elements on the show but you will see Madonna in front of you for the most time.....For what i could tell... the hight of the stage may change (in Montreal it wasnt really high, but in Quebec it was much higher) so you will need to check as soon as you arrive.

In the back is better to appreciate the show, but then again you will have a lot of people in front o you, and many of them will be with their cameras high up blocking you.

My guess somewhere near the front, (but not in the very front) would be the best for you. My recommendation: arrive early and you will have the time to decide while you are there :)