4 August - Kiev

Msig

if you understand term of fighting for freedom then you ll know that nothing goes easily. fight is fight. a lot of brave people died for our freedom. i m not saying they should get killed but if nobody takes risks then a lot of staff that you enjoy today in free societys wouldnt be able for you to do. blacks...gays..freedom of religion...freedom from dictators and fascists...and all that shit.

if you wanna freedom you must fight for it whatever that costs.

Does anyone know why 'NO FEAR' appears to have gone in favour of a corset, following Olympia?

Was it some kind of spray paint or body paint? Maybe it was irritating her skin or a hassle to apply.

OMG someone brief her before a show, especially if she intends on getting all "political activist", so that she not makes a fool of herself.

"Is this the Ukrainian flag? Yes?" while holding up the Russian flag is just :nocomment::grr::confused:

- and about as "provocative" as Britney "going to overseas places like Canada"

I don't think it's Shitney's territory, but it's still bad, nevertheless.

I'm surprised the media didn't pick on this. Yet.

lmao better shut up ;) you never know who reads this & sends it to the 'fail. (ive seen it happen :o)

lmao better shut up ;) you never know who reads this & sends it to the 'fail. (ive seen it happen :o)

Once it's on YouTube it's just a matter of time. Unless she's really lucky this one time. :rotfl: :rotfl:

No of course she's not in Shitney/clueless Peagant territory but frankly I was a little shocked. :nocomment:

It also surprised me that she was obviously completely unaware of the Tymoshenko "scandal", but her intentions are good so I applaud her for that ...

It doesn't surprise me she doesn't know all about Ukranian politics or scandals. The US media doesn't cover the politics of the republics of the former Soviet Union that much. They do cover Putin and Russia quite a bit, but not the smaller countries.I consider myself pretty well informed and read the paper every day and I did not know the prime minister was sent to jail.

The US media used to cover the Soviet Union more when Gorbachev was the leader because everyone here loved him and he was the "rock star" of politics. There were endless articles about everything that went on in every republic. Once he was gone said to say the US media lost interest in covering that part of the world extensively. To know what's going on you'd have to do research yourself on the Internet, you wouldn't get it from the US media.

This seems packed to me! How many attended this show?

My estimation based on the number of tickets available on the day of the show: about 53,000 - 55,000.

• 2 months later...

I think it was unfair of her to say that there are not many brave people in the audience. These people fear they will be killed if they speak up she shouldn't have said anything.

This was an awkward moment since i was standing in the front row and i'm not Ukranian and she was asking the people in the GT if we are gonna fight for Timoshenko's freedom. People at first were hesitant to say something, but trust me the majority of people in the GT at that time were Ukrainians save for some Russians.