4 August - Kiev

Msig

On 4 August, Madonna will perform in Ukraine for the very first time, at the Olimpyskiy National Sports Complex (aka the Olympic Stadium) in Kiev.

The stadium, which recently hosted the Euro 2012 final, was originally built in 1923, but has been extensively renovated many times since, most recently from 2008-2011.

For football games, it has a capacity of 70,000 - it has been confirmed that it will have a capacity of 65,000 for Madonna's show.

Anyone going to the show?

olimpiyskiy_1.png

NSC-Olimpiyskiy-Kyiv-Ukraine-25.jpg

Venue map:

smallst.jpg

Wow! Such beautiful stadium! How many tickets have been sold so far?

I assume that they have sold about 53,000 tickets for the show. The venue has a capacity of 65,000 for Madonna's show, and there are still 12,000 tickets available for purchase at the official ticket vendor.

Lower-level tiers: 7,696 sold / capacity: 10,788

Upper-level tiers: 4,628 sold / capacity: 9,866

Ground-floor-level stalls: 367 sold / capacity: 500

Floor level (standing): 3818 tickets still available: 834 for the Fan Zone (Golden Circle), 1074 for Pitch 1 and 1910 for pitch 2.

Ticket prices

Standing, Fan Zone (Golden Circle): UAH 1800 ($ 222)

Standing, Pitch 1: UAH 1300 ($ 160)

Standing, Pitch 2: UAH 850 ($ 105)

Reserved seating, floor-level stalls: UAH 10,000 - 13,000 ($ 1233-1602)

Reserved seating, lower-level tiers: UAH 800 - 1400 ($ 99-172)

Reserved seating, upper-level tiers: UAH 700-1400 ($ 86-172)

The ticket vendor's website doesn't mention anything about Early Entry/Hot Ticket/Hospitality packages, so I assume there aren't any..

Yes, that's right - the most expensive tickets for the show cost more than $ 1600!!! :yowza:

According to MadonnaTribe, Madonna left Warsaw immediately after last night's show, landing in Kiev at 3 a.m.

What's M's popularity like in Ukraine?

Obviously, she's popular enough to sell more than 50,000 tickets for a show in one of Europe's poorest countries, with an average monthly gross salary of $ 385. :D Ticket sales are probably the best indicator of popularity in Ukraine, as Ukrainian music sales are completely dominated by pirate copies.

Btw, do you think she'll mention Kazaky ("Girl Gone Wild" video) or Eugene Hutz (lead singer of Gogol Bordello) during the show? After all, both are Ukrainian.. :think:

So this will be the first show without an Mnation member in attendance? :dramatic:

It appears so! :ohmy:

Guest pedrohdi

Obviously, she's popular enough to sell more than 50,000 tickets for a show in one of Europe's poorest countries, with an average monthly gross salary of $ 385. :D Ticket sales are probably the best indicator of popularity in Ukraine, as Ukrainian music sales are completely dominated by pirate copies.

Btw, do you think she'll mention Kazaky ("Girl Gone Wild" video) or Eugene Hutz (lead singer of Gogol Bordello) during the show? After all, both are Ukrainian.. :think:

I guess she's popular then!

50,000 is fabulous for Kiev.

I have distant family who are attending. :wow: Pics will follow!

I love it when she visits new countries. Awesome stadium too...Eastern Europe seems to have the coolest new ones (from what I've seen).

Poland and Ukraine have brand new stadiums because they hosted the football Euro this year and Stadiums were built especially for this occasion

shouldn't she try and keep it level and fair around the world?

moscow ones are in the same crazy price level.

she was asked about it in intervew for russian tv channel ntv last week and she told something like "what do you expect : good seats - good price" with cold eyes.

Guest pedrohdi

moscow ones are in the same crazy price level.

she was asked about it in intervew for russian tv channel ntv last week and she told something like "what do you expect : good seats - good price" with cold eyes.

That's our Bitch lol

I love the excitement from the media when Madonna visits new places or places she has only been once or twice before. Its like a (real) royal visit. How I wish there was still that excitement in the UK.

Rumour has it that the projected sell-out was set at 43,000 - and that figure was reached weeks ago. :)

Logistical information:

The two nearest metro stations will be closed from 5 pm to 7 pm (doors open at 5 pm).

Tonight's opening act, Sebastian Ingrosso, is scheduled to hit the stage at 7 pm local time (6 pm CEST), in less than one and a half hours.

Doors were scheduled to open about 40 minutes ago, I don't know if they actually have opened (in Copenhagen, for instance, doors were opened an hour late).

The show is scheduled to start at 9:30 pm (8:30 CEST).

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLyGm5GpWl0[/media]

Shared by Ric'key Pageot on Instagram:

mdnakiev1.jpg

Madonna demonstrates her knowledge of Russian swearwords:

[media=]

[/media]