Paris Olympia Viewing Thread!

Camacho

it wasn't advertised it was a one hour show? i remember wrongly? anyhow it doesn't matter..it would happened the same after three hours of a show...

and je t'aime was a perfect ending of a perfect amazing performance!!!

throwing whatever on stage before during or afterwards is just uncivilized, so i don't see the point to that, and once again it was a show for the fans, and was quite special in every sense, i keep on saying that the heat was unbearable though

Well well, France is the new Australia i guess ... just kidding guys just kidding, love OZ

Well if they had a point to make that is what they should of done. But they are clearly pussies.

actually I think it´s intelligent.I mean, if they were really le penn´s friends, this is the way to do it, to try to dirt her name.If they have done it during the show, it would have been clear why they were doing it, WHO were they (because people would caught them), riots in a madonna show...that could be good promotion for her.But doing it in this way, it seems she cheated her fans

Today, Madonna’s spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg has released the following statement:

Madonna’s Paris club show was planned as her heartfelt thank-you to France, which she expressed at the start of her show. Despite a grueling concert tour, she desperately wanted to perform for her fans in an intimate setting at the historic Olympia as a means to honor her love for French artists, French cinema and a tribute to France’s long history of welcoming and inspiring artists, authors, painters, poets and minorities from other countries over the years.

The show was not billed as her full MDNA concert and tremendous effort was made to keep the ticket prices reasonable ($100 for 2,000 floor seats) and keep them strictly for her fans.

The show cost Madonna close to a million dollars to produce. She has done a handful of club dates in the past and they were never more than 45 minutes. And by the way, she put on a fabulous show, which was streamed for millions of fans around the world.

Seriously, fuck off. There are incredibly cheap tickets at all of her concerts. If anyone feels the need to pay 300+ to be up close and personal, that's their problem.

And this show was a special treat. Anyone who felt the need to wait for days outside for tickets and was then disappointed because it was an hour (or whatever the fuck they expected) is a jack ass. All of these shows she's done in the past are always short.

If you don't like it just watch her concerts on youtube and download her music illegally and stop fucking complaining. It's like me buying an iMac and then complaining about Apple MAKING me buy an iMac.

She's a product, a business, not everyone's friend.

First of all. No, I will not fuck off thank you very much. Talk about rude :manson: I didn't realize you're only allowed to voice an opinion if you've got over 10.000 post but whatever...

Secondly I wouldn't define 89 euros as "encredibly cheap" but hey that's just me.

Lastly, I don't know why you're getting your panties in a bunch. I actually agree that she is a business. I just think her business could've been managed better last night. Starting by giving some more info on the show (yes, yes, I KNOW every idiot should've known the full show would never fit into Olympia but still). By the lack of communication the intimate "fan gig" that M wanted turned into a disapointment and another excuse to publicly bash her in the press. All because her management failed to inform people. Do I think that's reason enough to boo her and behave like apes? No! I think it's incredibly disrespectful but in a way I do understand people left disapointed.

And no, I'm not French. :tongue:

What did they expect for 80 euros in such a small venue? The whole MDNA show?? We've known it was going to be a small show with a limited set list all along, ungrateful greedy twats!

The performances she selected were not good promotion for the album and not for the tour. Candy Shop, Human Nature and the boring version of Open Your Heart + guitar TUTR are not good promotion for the tour. Those are not the best performances and since most people there are casual Madonna fans, she should've played more of MDNA (GGW, GB, LOVE SPENT) or just the classic songs...It was a bad selection for these fans...and I don't blame Madonna, I blame Guy...HE NEEDS TO FUCKING GO! He screwed up the era...he needs to fucking tell her to promote MDNA!

Anyways...she did a great performance! So here's my review:

Turn Up the Radio...was a good opening track, I think she should've changed the performance though...I mean it's your new single, get off your fuckin' guitar and dance or bring the car from BGO back on stage :laugh:

Open Your Heart...Is one of my all time favourite Madonna songs it's just that the remix should've been more energetic so people can get up and dance

The Speech...tbh she could've performed one or two more songs instead (LOVE SPENT!!!), because those French people obviously didn't bother to listen or understand anyway, otherwise they would've appreciate her performance more

Masterpiece...her voice in this was amazing! What a great performance!

Justify My Love...Best interlude on the tour! I was very excited to finally see the full choreography of the clowns, since we only got to see the backdrop video in full

Vogue...Amazing costumes...good performance, not very thrilled to see it live again... :mellow:

Candy Shop...She really seems to love that song, doesn't she? Her fans don't and she should know that! The mix is not that good either, it's a good performance, this version is definately better than the album version, but this song doesn't get the crowd excited and doesn't fit in with the setlist of the MDNA tour.

Human Nature...Again one of my favourite Madonna songs, but this performance is unnecessary and hearing it on tour for the third time now, it really makes me hate that song.

Beautiful Killer...Not one of my favourite performances on MDNA, but I was so thrilled to see this live and I didn't get disappointed! This performance was amazing and should definately replace either Hung Up or Revolver on the regular setlist. I think the latter one is going to be it, though. The mix with DAD wasawesome and totally upgraded the song.

Je t'aime...OMG this was the best part! Her paying revenge to that LAV dancer is perfect and tbh works better after Human Nature than Like a Virgin. So, I guess this will replace Like a Virgin, which is good, because people at the show always try to sing along with it, but fail... :(

So this in fact, was more worth seeing than one of the Promo Tour performances she did for COADF, HC, Music and AL, but at least she did promote the albums on those, and I think what people got to see yesterday was neither what they expected or what they wanted. They knew it was only going to be 1h but didn't expect to see the only two segments of the MDNA Tour, but a selection from all sections and that, I think, would've been better! Again, I don't blame M, but her management, they should've published more information about the show and the way it was going to be. There was room for 5 more songs since it was only 45 minutes long (+ a ten minute long speech) and I bet everyone would've been satisfied aterwards. (even if she would've added LAP, EY and Celebration) Her decision to do the Basque + M/F segment, which are probably her most artistic, was a good decision in order to prove that she is an artist, but those French people obviously didn't care to see "art".

Just check her out during HN, hert shirt was transparent ... well actually everybody's shirt was transparent 2 hours before, if you could keep your shirt on of course, i keep repeating myself but the heat was the problem, not only for the people there, but for herself, it was a fucking oven, more fresh air and the 50 min or whatever would had been really amazing and not that many complaints (there's always whiners anyways, and we know it)

throwing whatever on stage before during or afterwards is just uncivilized, so i don't see the point to that, and once again it was a show for the fans, and was quite special in every sense, i keep on saying that the heat was unbearable though

Well well, France is the new Australia i guess ... just kidding guys just kidding, love OZ

French revolution 2.0 is starting... :old: Tbh she should now decide to go to Australia to express her love for that continent and it's culture

Setlist:

1. Gang Bang (4th single :laugh: )

2. Papa Don't Preach

3. Hung Up

4. I Don't Give A

5. Best Friend interlude

6. Express Yourself

7. Give Me All Your Luvin'

8. I Fucked Up (Human Nature Mix)

9. Speech

10. Better Be Home Soon (tribute to Australia) (I Love New York Mix)

She will be dressed as Crocodile Hunter during the Transgression segment...

Guest Me & Mr. Jones

French revolution 2.0 is starting... :old: Tbh she should now decide to go to Australia to express her love for that continent and it's culture

Setlist:

1. Gang Bang (4th single :laugh: )

2. Papa Don't Preach

3. Hung Up

4. I Don't Give A

5. Best Friend interlude

6. Express Yourself

7. Give Me All Your Luvin'

8. I Fucked Up (Human Nature Mix)

9. Speech

10. Better Be Home Soon (tribute to Australia) (I Love New York Mix)

She will be dressed as Crocodile Hunter during the Transgression segment...

LOL @ this setlist, ESP. '10. Better Be Home Soon (tribute to Australia) (I Love New York Mix) - LMAOOO

Edited by Me & Mr. Jones

So now the rumour is that Marine Le Cunt prepared her shit right, that's why all the police was there hours before during and after the show, honestly i've never seen so many police and i've been to a Tour de France in the Champs Elysees and it was far from being like that, when i came out i felt like fucking Obama

Maybe the police were out there bc the moment ppl started booing, the club called them. Businesses call the cops at the drop of a hat now, esp nervous about possible riots. At least it's like that in America.

Maybe the police were out there bc the moment ppl started booing, the club called them. Businesses call the cops at the drop of a hat now, esp nervous about possible riots. At least it's like that in America.

Police was there way way before the concert, like 30 or more vans and policemen everywhere when we were queuing, tbqh i thought it was for someone else in the Scribe Hotel, that is just over L'Olympia, but comming out i realised it was just for Madonna's concert, and as i said before i've been to another concerts but this one was just police crowded, and i still wonder why

30 vans! Wow. 'Good thing it didn't escalate.

MLP said a couple months ago that when M came to Paris, they'd be waiting for her. She wasn't kidding.

Liz is doing some damage control, just released a statement

Show your support if you can: http://www.mtv.com/n...mdna-tour.jhtml

I don't believe Liz that this little event cost Madonna $1 million. If that was the case, her stadium/arena shows would be even more to stage and she'd barely be making money on tour.

^ Well, all the screen footage would have had to be re-edited/composited for different-sized screens. Different costumes. Venue costs. Ticket fulfillment fees. There would be some shared costs, but if the dancers/crew are paid "per show" (which has been rumored in the past), that's a significant chunk of money to shell out for a gig that can't possibly recoup the expenses unless ticket prices were significantly higher.

Perhaps the security was called because there were some threats? (I don't know much about MLP but if she is able to mobilize people in her political party, perhaps there were some angry enough to threaten violence at Madonna's gig?) Who would foot that bill? Or is it just the French people's taxes that would pay for the police presence? (I don't know the answer -- I'm genuinely unsure.)

Madonna must be very upset with all of that. She probably will never do it again, especially in France.

She should delete Paris from her tour map! The set list was perfect! I hate stupid whining fans ...what do they fucking expected? at Coachella she only did 6 songs and we waited for days in the hot desert ...NO FUCKING BODY complained !!! If you want to see her full concert go buy a $350 tix for NY or any other US city .... Whining bitches!