Amazing review deserves topic

Mensch

I didn't know if it was posted elsewhere cause its not specifically talking about a certain date on the tour but this is just the best, description of everything I feel about Madonna, except of course, the opinion of MDNA which I love.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0719/blog_music_madonna.html#.UAxp_PlJguI.facebook

Ageism shall not wither her

Madonna rolls into Dublin next week to play the Aviva Stadium as part of her "controversial" MDNA world tour. She may have lost her power to truly shock a long time ago but what annoys Madonna haters the most is the fact that, at the age of 53, she keeps on keeping on, says Alan Corr.

She's only two months into her MDNA world tour but already Madonna has cried live on stage, flashed the audience in Turkey, flashed the audience in Rome, made some silly statements about drug use, flashed the audience in Paris, and incurred the wrath of French far right leader Marine Le Pen by showing pictures of her face plastered with swastikas as part of the stage show.

Maybe it's all in a bid to make up for the lack of decent songs on her new album, but Madonna was at in again in Hyde Park the other night - dropping her drawers during a rendition of Human Nature. So the original of the species is back doing her utmost to annoy as many prudes and killjoys as possible and good for her. It's all good dirty fun to some people; tiresome attention seeking to others. However, as has been the case for far too long, some arbiters of bad taste have decreed that Madonna should no longer be allowed to (even try) playing shock tactics any more.

It's true that the last truly shocking thing she did was release the album MDNA but right now, Madonna haters are out in force. They hate the fact that she's made a cool $50 million in the first two months of her current tour and they've always hated the fact that she's an aggressively ambitious woman who has spent her career smashing barriers, glass ceilings, and taboos.

But what really gets them hating till it hurts is the fact that, at 53, Madonna plainly doesn't care what they think and has no intention of stopping. They may find her more boring than actually shocking but boy are they still mad and it's their very ire that seems to keep her going.

Madonna bashers seem to consider her an embarrassment to womankind and pop music in the same way that some feminists and music snobs were conflicted by her blatant careerism and sexual aggression when she first arrived thirty years ago.

Surely by now, they reason, she should bow to young pretenders like Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj and drift off into proper old age performing torch songs at supper clubs. Some of Madonna's best moments are, indeed, torch songs (This Used to be My Playground, Live to Tell et al) and on the current tour, she's performing Like a Virgin as a mournful piano-and-violin ballad of lost innocence, an acknowledgement that perhaps the glory days are, indeed, over.

That won't placate the Madonna bashers. She keeps on keeping on, gyrating, dancing, running and singing all at the same time. There should be a bylaw against it! Madonna should not be allowed cavort in a built-up area. At any time of the day.

Forget the fact that Britney still can't kick-start her wayward career and that Gaga can't seem to leave the house without checking what Madonna's had for breakfast, this woman must be stopped!

The Daily Mail, no fan of Madonna (or any woman who doesn't meet their high moral standards), was also at it again yesterday. It ran a negative news report on her Hyde Park show while, in the same edition, running a mostly positive review of the same gig. The Mail said that "hundreds of fans" walked out of the concert, many complained about the poor sound quality, Madonna's bald cheek in not playing a greatest hits show, and the fact that the 10.30pm curfew rather took away from the visuals on the night.

All fair points but the paper also mentioned "public relations disasters" in Madonna's long career. Well those "public relations disasters" are in fact the very career flashpoints that have helped make Madonna the most successful female pop star of all time. That, and thirty year's worth of pretty great pop songs.

There was also this quote from a fan's Twitter account which once again depressingly reminds us that ageism will always rear its ugly head when it comes to female pop stars and actors of a certain age: "When Madonna has concerts in her 50s where she strips herself on stage, you know her career is as dead as myspace."

It's perfectly fine to gaze with fond bemusement at The Rolling Stones doing their priapic peacock thing (well, Mick anyway) or smile as the parchment-faced Steve Tyler (64) coos over another babe young enough to be his granddaughter. It's also fine for Anthony Kiedis (nearly 50) and co to play their old hits like they're still strung-out teenagers but when it comes to Madonna, all you're likely to hear is "put it away love!"

Twenty years ago in an interview (with Jonathan Ross no less) Madonna had these fine words to say: "I think that not only do we suffer from sexism and racism, we also suffer from ageism, that once you reach a certain age you're not allowed be adventurous, you're not allowed to be sexual and I think that's rather hideous. People say, oh I hope she's not still doing that in ten years. Who cares? What if I am? Is there a rule? Are you supposed to just die when you're 40? "

After performing a two-hour set in Hyde Park this week featuring many costume changes, much dancing and much theatrics, the soon to be 54-year-old Madonna ended the night with a speech about the dangers of discrimination and prejudice.

Let's hope the Madonna bashers are listening in Dublin next week.

Alan Corr

The Madonna interview by Zeca Camargo just broadcasted and he asked her about the comparisons about EY and BTW. She said:

"I really like BTW and am very happy that i helped lady gaga to write it. "

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The Madonna interview by Zeca Camargo just broadcasted and he asked her about the comparisons about EY and BTW. She said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yes! That's right!

"SIT YOUR ASS DOWN, BITCH!"

She is God. I'm convinced.

It's all over the news, here in Brasil. Brazilians monsters are going crazy! LOL!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a reason to celebrate! :opens up a bottle of wine:

Cheers!

I didn't know if it was posted elsewhere cause its not specifically talking about a certain date on the tour but this is just the best, description of everything I feel about Madonna, except of course, the opinion of MDNA which I love.

http://www.rte.ie/te...PlJguI.facebook

Ageism shall not wither her

Madonna rolls into Dublin next week to play the Aviva Stadium as part of her "controversial" MDNA world tour. She may have lost her power to truly shock a long time ago but what annoys Madonna haters the most is the fact that, at the age of 53, she keeps on keeping on, says Alan Corr.

She's only two months into her MDNA world tour but already Madonna has cried live on stage, flashed the audience in Turkey, flashed the audience in Rome, made some silly statements about drug use, flashed the audience in Paris, and incurred the wrath of French far right leader Marine Le Pen by showing pictures of her face plastered with swastikas as part of the stage show.

Maybe it's all in a bid to make up for the lack of decent songs on her new album, but Madonna was at in again in Hyde Park the other night - dropping her drawers during a rendition of Human Nature. So the original of the species is back doing her utmost to annoy as many prudes and killjoys as possible and good for her. It's all good dirty fun to some people; tiresome attention seeking to others. However, as has been the case for far too long, some arbiters of bad taste have decreed that Madonna should no longer be allowed to (even try) playing shock tactics any more.

It's true that the last truly shocking thing she did was release the album MDNA but right now, Madonna haters are out in force. They hate the fact that she's made a cool $50 million in the first two months of her current tour and they've always hated the fact that she's an aggressively ambitious woman who has spent her career smashing barriers, glass ceilings, and taboos.

But what really gets them hating till it hurts is the fact that, at 53, Madonna plainly doesn't care what they think and has no intention of stopping. They may find her more boring than actually shocking but boy are they still mad and it's their very ire that seems to keep her going.

Madonna bashers seem to consider her an embarrassment to womankind and pop music in the same way that some feminists and music snobs were conflicted by her blatant careerism and sexual aggression when she first arrived thirty years ago.

Surely by now, they reason, she should bow to young pretenders like Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj and drift off into proper old age performing torch songs at supper clubs. Some of Madonna's best moments are, indeed, torch songs (This Used to be My Playground, Live to Tell et al) and on the current tour, she's performing Like a Virgin as a mournful piano-and-violin ballad of lost innocence, an acknowledgement that perhaps the glory days are, indeed, over.

That won't placate the Madonna bashers. She keeps on keeping on, gyrating, dancing, running and singing all at the same time. There should be a bylaw against it! Madonna should not be allowed cavort in a built-up area. At any time of the day.

Forget the fact that Britney still can't kick-start her wayward career and that Gaga can't seem to leave the house without checking what Madonna's had for breakfast, this woman must be stopped!

The Daily Mail, no fan of Madonna (or any woman who doesn't meet their high moral standards), was also at it again yesterday. It ran a negative news report on her Hyde Park show while, in the same edition, running a mostly positive review of the same gig. The Mail said that "hundreds of fans" walked out of the concert, many complained about the poor sound quality, Madonna's bald cheek in not playing a greatest hits show, and the fact that the 10.30pm curfew rather took away from the visuals on the night.

All fair points but the paper also mentioned "public relations disasters" in Madonna's long career. Well those "public relations disasters" are in fact the very career flashpoints that have helped make Madonna the most successful female pop star of all time. That, and thirty year's worth of pretty great pop songs.

There was also this quote from a fan's Twitter account which once again depressingly reminds us that ageism will always rear its ugly head when it comes to female pop stars and actors of a certain age: "When Madonna has concerts in her 50s where she strips herself on stage, you know her career is as dead as myspace."

It's perfectly fine to gaze with fond bemusement at The Rolling Stones doing their priapic peacock thing (well, Mick anyway) or smile as the parchment-faced Steve Tyler (64) coos over another babe young enough to be his granddaughter. It's also fine for Anthony Kiedis (nearly 50) and co to play their old hits like they're still strung-out teenagers but when it comes to Madonna, all you're likely to hear is "put it away love!"

Twenty years ago in an interview (with Jonathan Ross no less) Madonna had these fine words to say: "I think that not only do we suffer from sexism and racism, we also suffer from ageism, that once you reach a certain age you're not allowed be adventurous, you're not allowed to be sexual and I think that's rather hideous. People say, oh I hope she's not still doing that in ten years. Who cares? What if I am? Is there a rule? Are you supposed to just die when you're 40? "

After performing a two-hour set in Hyde Park this week featuring many costume changes, much dancing and much theatrics, the soon to be 54-year-old Madonna ended the night with a speech about the dangers of discrimination and prejudice.

Let's hope the Madonna bashers are listening in Dublin next week.

Alan Corr

That's a great article. No she shall not be pigeon holed into doing waht every other 53 year old woman is doing cos she wasn't doing what every 30 year old woman is doing when she was in her 30s !

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

OMG I need to see this . LOL

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

OH SNAP! Bitches gon' be on the rag. :lol:

And another set of vile, misogynist, and ageist attacks from Team Gaga.

The great thing is Madonna doesn't give a shit .At All. :laugh:

Here's another amazing article:

tumblr_m5xhuoXkcb1r90m4vo1_500.jpg

Madonna's latest world tour has certainly not been lacking in controversy and column inches gained, so what's new? For this is the woman who for the last twenty-eight years or so has 'pushed the envelope' further than most and more often than not, we've all lapped it up and loved her for it.

If you want safe and politically correct then stay home and read a Mills & Boon novel but if you want some racy excitement mixed in, by and large, with great pop music then a Madonna concert is just the ticket, that is if you can get one.

Controversy was in the air right from the very announcement of the tour as the singer's trot around the globe, being titled the 'MDNA' tour after Madonna's current album of the same name, gave critics 'a field day' for, what they perceived as its all too close reference to the drug MDMA, better known as Ecstasy. To the more chilled observers though it was merely a clever play on words and an innocent abbreviation of her name.

Further outrage has ensued since the tour got going with Madonna getting it 'in the neck' from some for, amongst other things, daring to bare a nipple or two at the ripe 'old' age of fifty -three, superimposing a swastika on the face of French extreme Right-wing leader Marine le Pen, toting a toy gun during some theatrical set pieces and at times, littering her on-stage talk with expletives.

For those who have got all hot under the collar(and its largely been the ladies) about a 'blink and you'll miss it' baring of a nipple, one can't help but think a little envy could be driving the criticism. "She should act her age" they scream in horror but they ignore the fact that Madonna could easily pass for twenty years younger than her real age and has, quite literally, worked her butt off to maintain a well-toned backside and a body most women her age and a lot younger would secretly kill for. So if she chooses to show off that lithe bod, something she has been doing all her career, then heck, is it such a big deal?

As for the mixing of politics with music, what's the fuss about there? She certainly isn't the first to do that and she definitely won't be the last and the platform that music affords can be a very powerful and positive tool for getting across political messages. Madonna's gun -toting and overtly violent 'staged' routines as well as her somewhat excessive swearing at times might not be the smartest move but it's nothing we haven't seen or heard a thousand times before from anyone of many bad boy and girl rappers/R&B/hip-hop stars and it's all there too in computer games to be found in homes across the globe. That's not to condone Madonna for some of her antics but give the woman a break and it is, after all, her edginess and ability to shock, that has helped keep us all interested in her.

But what has really sustained her remarkable career and kept all other pretenders from stealing her 'Queen of Pop' crown has been her knack for continually reinventing herself and always moving with the musical times. All that is useless though if you don't have the music/songs to back it up but in that department, Madonna has rarely been found wanting.

Madonna's UK concerts this past week have, unsurprisingly, seen a heavy focus on her new, electropop material from the 'MDNA' album with eight of its tracks featured including show opener 'Girl Gone Wild' that saw the singer emerging from a confessional booth with a mock AK-47 in hand, 'Gang Bang', 'Give Me All Your Lovin', 'Turn Up The Radio', 'Masterpiece' and 'I'm A Sinner'. There could of and perhaps should have been a healthier splattering of the singer's biggest hits during the two-hour performance but those that were dished up predictably thrilled the crowd with the standouts being an energetic 'Express Yourself' with Madonna and her dancers decked out as a marching band in full uniform complete with twirling batons, the Abba-esque 'Hung Up', 'Papa Don't Preach' that is still a valid contender for Madonna's career highpoint and 'Like A Prayer'. One hit that missed the mark though by quite some distance was a ballad-like presentation of 'Like A Virgin' that strove for sophistication but came over as a damp squib and, the singer's adoring fans probably deserved more than just being teased with a brief video montage of snippets of hits like 'Justify My Love', 'Vogue', Holiday' and 'Lucky Star'.

Almost every song that was performed was impressively choreographed with stunning, super-charged dance routines against the backdrop of lavish theatrical set pieces with the super fit Madonna never once caught out of breath as she constantly kept pace with her young dancers whilst still simultaneously managing to sing her heart out. Breasts and nipples remained fully, or perhaps more truthfully barely covered, by skimpy bra tops during Madonna's UK gigs but she did 'treat' her fans to one lingering look at her scantily clad derriere.

In a brief 'doffing of her hat' to her so- called heir apparent, Madonna mixed in a few bars of Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' during her 'Express Yourself' routine but then cheekily and pointedly ad-libbed the line "She's not me, she's not me" several times just to remind GaGa and everyone else that she's still the original and best and few, in truth, would contest that point. Let's just see which, if any, of today's female hot pop properties are still at the top of their game some twenty odd years from now. I would hazard, not many, if any.

Source

:clap3:

I couldn't have summed it all up better myself

Here's another amazing article:

tumblr_m5xhuoXkcb1r90m4vo1_500.jpg

Source

:clap3:

I couldn't have summed it all up better myself

Another GREAT article with facts and a real perspective on things. The only thing I disagree with is the comment about like a virgin but everything else is spot on.