Birmingham, July 19

badaboom

Great photos and review!

• Madonna’s American vocoder pronounciation - “BERRRMEENG-HAM” vs the Brit way – “buh-ming-im’

:lmao: She probably didn't even know there was a Birmingham in England before this tour. Does anyone else get the impression she's totally "over" her time living in England? I thought she might make some speech during the UK concerts saying how great it was to be back in an attempt to ingratiate herself with the casual fans but it looks like she just did the usual "Sagarra Jo"-explanation/world peace thing.

Great photos and review!

:lmao: She probably didn't even know there was a Birmingham in England before this tour. Does anyone else get the impression she's totally "over" her time living in England? I thought she might make some speech during the UK concerts saying how great it was to be back in an attempt to ingratiate herself with the casual fans but it looks like she just did the usual "Sagarra Jo"-explanation/world peace thing.

Yeah - I agree. I think she's totally over the UK.

What made me think that was her "Chairs are for Asses" speech asking people to contact their 'Congressman or whatever you call it in this country'.

She was married to Guy for 8 years and his stepmum is a Conservative Party member of the UK's House of Lords so she would have been familiar with the terms 'Councillor' or 'MP'.

Or maybe she just doesn't give a fuck about stuff like that...

Was also thinking about the complete non-reaction of the UK crowd when she introduced the Basque band Kalakan vs the roar from the Spanish. Understandable I suppose but just made me think :think:

She was married to Guy for 8 years and his stepmum is a Conservative Party member of the UK's House of Lords so she would have been familiar with the terms 'Councillor' or 'MP'.

Yeah I noticed that when I watched the video. You'd think she'd at least know the term "MP" after 8 years here, and the way she said "in this country" it sounded like the UK meant no more to her than, say, Kazakhstan or Mozambique. Oh well, I wish I could be as unsentimental as Madonna!

What's with the newbies here lately? specifically the attitude. chill out.

Excuse me? The only "attitude" here is coming from you. Just because someone's new doesn't mean it's OK to be rude to them.

Guest pedrohdi

Yeah I noticed that when I watched the video. You'd think she'd at least know the term "MP" after 8 years here, and the way she said "in this country" it sounded like the UK meant no more to her than, say, Kazakhstan or Mozambique. Oh well, I wish I could be as unsentimental as Madonna!

She said "in this part of the world" wich is worse lol

honey i'm an angel on this board ;)

but thanks for proving my point :s98::stir: chill out ;)

Why are you trying to cause trouble? There's just no need for it.

Daily Mail says fans hail the Birmingham show. They say she put on high energy show and bounced back from Hyde Park.

http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml

:doh: They had a positive review at first of the London gig, then created some bullshit story about some mass walk out & then had some woman who didn't know what she was talking about (she strips during Express Yourself?) slate the show, and now they're saying this. And again toward the bottom they mention the bogus "mass walk out." Shit paper.

I think it's great to have so many newbies here! There's been a real influx with the concert and it's great. I started to feel like Madonna fans were becoming a rare breed these last few months so the more the merrier. Shame about that shitty comment towards you all.

Glad to see you enjoyed the Birmingham show.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I CAN'T BREATH!!!!

@ 4:02

Madonna: Are you ready to sing?

Girl: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Madonna: You're not singing

This is just hilarious.

She takes it so seriously. :s513: She obviously is annoyed as fuck by people who lose all kinds of control.

"That's not singing!"

"THAT is singing!" :biggrin:

SL271172.jpg

he bows down while she looks up like a goddess. amazing timing.

amazing photo!! if only he was out of foucs and not madonna would've been perfect!!!

Excuse me? The only "attitude" here is coming from you. Just because someone's new doesn't mean it's OK to be rude to them.

:thumbsup: and meaningless stupid i'd add....

badaboom - BRILLIANT pics and review! I was in a pretty similar position to you in Copenhagen - it was INCREDIBLE!! Thank you for sharing everything here!

In the photo of your spot (the black backpack), there's a lady in her 60s (or maybe a little bit younger) just a few people away from you - she was in the Early Entrance line Berlin on June 30th (she was near the front of the line and waited for hours and hours). I saw her near the tip of the catwalk at the show, but a few people deep. I'm so glad she got into the GT!!

badaboom - BRILLIANT pics and review! I was in a pretty similar position to you in Copenhagen - it was INCREDIBLE!! Thank you for sharing everything here!

In the photo of your spot (the black backpack), there's a lady in her 60s (or maybe a little bit younger) just a few people away from you - she was in the Early Entrance line Berlin on June 30th (she was near the front of the line and waited for hours and hours). I saw her near the tip of the catwalk at the show, but a few people deep. I'm so glad she got into the GT!!

thanks guys for the pos feedback!

Th older lady was great. I was chatting to her a bit beforehand. She is a huge fan (aren't we all!) and was in the pit with her daughter and they, like us, were dancing like crazy the whole time. She mentioned that she was on one of the Madonna DVDs (confessions? i can't remember) where Madonna puts the mike out towards her and and they get to sing together. Awesome!

Here's the crowd I was with just after the show ended. They were just fantastic!

SL271193.jpg

That's me on the far right with the 'KEEP CALM AND LOVE MADONNA' t shirt. Jesus, Mary and Joseph where did I get all those teeth! :lmao:

My +1 for the show mentioned a 'Carta' he talked to at a previous show. He's the very tall chap standing next to me. Super guy from Germany. I'm wondering if you are the same 'Carta'. If so, it's a small Madonna world! This same guy got to sing into the mike during 'Open your Heart' and got to touch the Queen's hand. Alas, I didn't have such luck.

Hector - 'badahotbum' :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: . Love it!

Here's a few other photos. Thought I'd get a bit fancy with the Imac.

SL271144.jpg

SL271148.jpg

SL271154.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

SL271157.jpg

SL271184.jpg

SL271186.jpg

I suppose id better add my bits lol.

Im just back, yes I was ill and did a runner and went on my own... But she was incredible.

I was a good boy and didnt watch any videos or listened to anything before so I didnt notice the mistakes until she told us.

She was in such a good mood, despite the crowd. Ive seen her LOADS of times and ive never known such a different crowd. Maybe its because she hasnt been to Birmingham before. Everybody stood, everybody loved it! But they didnt know the songs. In the row in front of me to the left there was an old couple (at least in their 60's) saying when it got to nearly 10pm that they would miss their train (they still stayed) and in front of me an Indian mother and daughter and the mother kept covering her daughters eyes! Next to me was a couple snogging all night and behind me a lovely couple who high fived me at the end. Hardly any gays!!??

Bad things: prices of the merch..seriously???

Im a sinner..get rid

Vocals in turn up the radio haha.

Im Adiccted needs more oomph

Tech issues, I doubt many people noticed, I didnt, the only thing I noticed was her mic sound was way up (maybe just by my speaker) but it was so loud and where I was through the show (ok I only had 1 ear) It was almost an acapella show and the whole thing was live. I think they screwed up somewhere, you could still hear the music but it was mainly her mic (no backing track). It made it feel unique anyway and didnt ruin the experience. If she knew, heads would roll.

Good things: Fuck me, she's still at the top of her game

Her humour

Best opening ever

Rocco!

The erotica section

Money was spent on the backdrops!

Apart from BAT this might be one of the best shows ive been to, even though I was on my own and ill.

Its her best stage ever, I never thought that could happen.

Im glad I never watched the videos before, id love to go again but I might be dead soon anyway.

I think I saw Kate Moss? Did anybody else?