Birmingham, July 19

badaboom

she must be beyond pissed:

From our friend Danny who attended the show tonight "The motel didn't exist! She had to improvise the whole song without it. The screens wouldn't close during Justify My Love so we could see her getting set up for Vogue. She wasn't ready to come up for I'm Addicted so she sang the first verse under the stage."

Someone had better filmed that Motel-less improv-laden "Gang Bang" perf and upload it on YouTube stat! I need to see it!

It'll become a classic, I'm sure! Can't wait to see that :popcorn2:

Omg she is probaby so PIST. I think CUBB, San, CJM, and Bluejeans put on Fairuza Balk wigs and did THE CRAFT on Madonna's show tonight.

:lmao:

and then they played "light as a feather stiff as a board"

Omg she is probaby so PIST. I think CUBB, San, CJM, and Bluejeans put on Fairuza Balk wigs and did THE CRAFT on Madonna's show tonight.

You know it :lmao: This tour is cursed now

Madonna-Zombie--75062.jpg

What I would give to be a fly on the wall backstage after those technical difficulties. :horny:

I need to see an HD video of that Gang Bang performance immediately.

"The motel didn't exist! She had to improvise the whole song without it.

:nervous:

I can't wait to see this improvised performance :rotfl:

Her entire speech in that video omfg. "I think you should write a letter to your congressman, or whatever you call them in this part of the world, and tell them to GET RID OF THE FUCKING CHAIRS!! CHAIRS ARE FOR ASSES okay?" Oh god I love her so much.

Travelling back to Manchester after The Birmingham show. A few technical issues tonight. The Motel didn't surface tonight. You could see the motel sign lit up behind the screen but it didnt appear. One of the screens wasn't working during the Justify my love interlude and you could see them setting up the vogue stage. Which was guided into position by stage hands. The trapdoor didn't rise for I'm addicted for the first 2 lines. She apologized for the technical issues in a little speech before Masterpiece. She was lighthearted mentioning not sitting on the red chairs 'Fuck No' and dancing and singing instead! The opening is incredible but the opening section is quite dark. It's a shame the Majorette section is only two songs as it it a highlight. Too tired to write anymore but on the 7.45 train to Edinburgh so will have a rest...

My first post I think, even if I lurk here everyday, but I just got back from the show and wanted to write a review.

I live in the Midlands, so when I heard she was playing the far south of the country in London then the other in Scotland I was pretty gutted. I'm 16 so doubt I'd have been allowed to go to the Hyde Park or Murrayfield shows, so when the NIA was announced I was thrilled, and rang my Dad and got him to book two tickets. (If he hasn't worked out I'm gay after this, he never will)

I was expecting the NIA to be a small venue, but it was far smaller than I originally thought, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised, pretty much every seat was good. I took my sister, who's a big fan too.

She put on an exceptional show, the support act (Alesso) wasn't particularly good, I wasn't really expecting much, so didn't care, but he didn't interact with the audience at all, and I don't even think he played any Madonna songs, which struck me as weird.

But moving on, the opening gave me goosebumps, it was amazing to see in person, the recordings I've seen of it just don't do it justice, I wonder how it's going to be presented on the Tour DVD. Revolver was better than expected, I'm not big on the song, but the crowd was so old! Like, I understand she will attract many people who want to see 'the 80s hits', and I guess were expecting The Immaculate Collection tour, but Revolver didn't connect, I enjoyed it, but the crowd was dead. I think a lot of them were taken aback by how outspoken and sweary she was after "where was my fucking motel?!?" :laugh: . Gang Bang was great, it was weird seeing it improvised, but she did a good job of covering up the fault, even if the performance did seem a little messy, I was saving the Gang Bang performance for the show and still haven't seen it yet as intended, lol. I Don't Give A works well live, one of the best of the MDNA tracks imo. Express Yourself was a highlight I think, she sang it really well and I think that the audience welcomed the light feel of the song after how dark the beginning is. The Born this Way/ She's Not Me thing was very funny, of course I knew I'd enjoy it, but it does work extremely well imo. GMAYL was great, my sister commented how youthful she is and I even think the drab crowd enjoyed it. We could see Vogue being set up as the screen wouldn't close together, but it was alright, although I couldn't see Madonna until the performance started since it was still dark behind the screens, I'd have loved to have seen her face as she could see the whole crowd as she got ready for it. Candy Shop, Erotica, Human Nature was sublime, the whole section was brilliant and although I heard plenty of people shouting 'come on Madge!' as she performed Like a Virgin, I assume not liking the piano, I thought it was one of the best of the night, she seemed so vulnerable. I guess I'm making it obvious that the crowd did bother me, but they did suck, I think the next two performances of IA and IAS didn't go down well, they were waiting for a hit, and that came in the form of Like a Prayer, which got the whole arena up on their feet, it was pretty magical. Celebration was great and she sings it live (!!?) which was unexpected, it was a sudden but good ending to a spectacular show. The only performance I didn't enjoy was Turn Up the Radio, she seemed to let loose and didn't seem to care that she sounded like a crow, I don't really like the song either. Her voice was good for most of the rest, however.