EDINBURGH - July 21st (12:51 stans for Scotland & his mom, throws chancla)

Ai Papi Si.

Poor European guys watching the show in practically full light of the day, I guess the darkness comes by the Basque section isn't it?

By about 'Express Yourself' dusk had set in and the stage looked a lot better.

In 2011 Bon Jovi played in front of 53,000 people, I think MDNA can have at least 45,000 (I hope it's way more of course)

Setting aside the front section which is the golden cirlcle, at the barrier of the general admission section (almost half way up the stadium) they are packed. If they all stood back a little and the rest weren;t all congregated round the right hand side nearer the toilets and bar, then that left hand section that you took a pic of would probably have filled in a bit.

Yeah, and if the organisers had bused in the old dears from the Mecca Bingo up the road ... and then got them to phone their families to come down ... and then got all of them to phone all of their friends ....

You actually made that post in all seriousness?

Fucking hell, if even you're spewing grasping-at-straws pish like that, then this place really has become Sycophant Central.

Anyway, boring now. You're the one who brought it up.....again.

And you're the one who feels the need to keep replying!

Ok, punters. This reunion's been such fun but I'm off.

(Lifts cloak over head. Falls back. Turns into a crow. Flys off the sanity.]

In 2011 Bon Jovi played in front of 53,000 people, I think MDNA can have at least 45,000 (I hope it's way more of course)

I think 45,000 is about right.

Bon Jovi alway sell out stadiums here. People seem to be into that anthemic rock schtick. Plus their ticket prices are cheaper obviously..

Sounds like you've been drinking the Riverwide kool aid Jimmy. Speaking of being a sycophant.

No one buys what you're saying because it didn't happen. Sorry if I sound like an asshole. I just know the drill with your brigade over there at the Other Shore. No one here falls for it anymore I guess.

Bon Jovi alway sell out stadiums here. People seem to be into that anthemic rock schtick. Plus their ticket prices are cheaper obviously..

if I'm not mistaken jon bovi played for 10,000 a few years ago at the brussels stadium madonna played in so he definitely does not sell out a lot. just saying. some artists are more popular than others in certain places. but from what I'm hearing, the ireland gig sounds like at least a 95% sell out. not packed but full enough. (correct me if I'm wrong)

You actually made that post in all seriousness?

Fucking hell, if even you're spewing grasping-at-straws pish like that, then this place really has become Sycophant Central.

.........And you're the one who feels the need to keep replying!

Ok, punters. This reunion's been such fun but I'm off.

*sigh* I'm simply looking at that video above in which it's obvious that the majority of punters are stood to the right of the stadium and pushed forward. Your first post in here in christ knows how long, is to post a picture you took of an empty section at the left of the stadium and to the back. I've also informed you that tickets for that section were not available to buy 3 days after going on sale. It's a simple counter-balance. End of.

And give me "sycophant central" (which this place ISN'T) anytime, over the vile invective spewed on a daily basis at your preferred forum of choice. Don't let the door hit.......and all that.

Look at the grace in which she moves. I am amazed that everyone on the planet hasnt bought a ticket to this show and left Madonna fully in the dust with her crappy shows. THIS is where its at people. Im in awe at how she has evolved as a performer. Already surpassed Madonna I say.

...... but from what I'm hearing, the ireland gig sounds like at least a 95% sell out. not packed but full enough. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Oh i'm sure someone will try their best to find an empty space SOMEWHERE to photograph, Nikki.

Is the point of the MDNA Tour to be as miserable as possible about it afterwards?

*posts pic of space around my feet* "Not packed, as you can see."

When I go to Yankee Stadium (a show that is unequivocally going to be a packed house), I'll make sure to take a pics of some gaps in the floor, make up a story about how empty poor, poor Yankee Stadium is, and post about it on here like a total goober and see the kind of reaction I'm gonna get :lmao:

When I go to Yankee Stadium (a show that is unequivocally going to be a packed house), I'll make sure to take a pics of some gaps in the floor, make up a story about how empty poor, poor Yankee Stadium is, and post about it on here like a total goober and see the kind of reaction I'm gonna get :lmao:

Dont forget to take a picture of someone running to the bathroom and tell us that its a picture of someone storming out because they hated the show so much.

:dramatic: The reaction to PDP was amazing with the whole stadium singing along (just like LAP). The day she does a greatest hits tour it's going to be massive.

And LOL at the expectation that there have to be people standing behind those big tents/booths where they wouldn't be able to see shit. :lol:

Plus they do the hits and they don't destroy them like Hung Up on this tour

Maybe it's because I don't pay attention to the TWITTER AND BLOGS of nobodies but I haven't detected any negativity about this show at all. Everyone on the bus back to Glasgow loved it but felt it was a little short (not helped obviously by the cut songs which I personally was annoyed at & she would have been fined for running over NOT cut off ....yeah I know, get over it KIM :newspaper: ) and everyone else who didn't feel like travelling thru to edinburgh has told me how lucky I was to go/wish they'd went. Oh and excellent press reviews - so whatever.

HASTE YE BACK MADGE (to glasgow)

Per per losers at The Other Loonybin - in denial now that Project Gaga (copyright: Lurky Guy) has turned out to be a bit of a low-rent embarassment for all involved! Guess they have to resort to making up crap about THE REAL DEAL in order to save face. Bwahaha! Pathetica, romance...

Bless The Other Loonybin!

:dramatic: The reaction to PDP was amazing with the whole stadium singing along (just like LAP). The day she does a greatest hits tour it's going to be massive.

And LOL at the expectation that there have to be people standing behind those big tents/booths where they wouldn't be able to see shit. :lol:

I know right? I love how you can still here them sing "but I made up my mind......iiiiiiiii'm" even after Madge ABRUPTLY cuts the song.

It's true, stadium gigs do need the big hits to truly come alive.

......in denial now that Project Gaga (copyright: Lurky Guy) has turned out to be a bit of a low-rent embarassment for all involved! Guess they have to resort to making up crap about THE REAL DEAL in order to save face. Bwahaha! Pathetica, romance...

Yes, I DID hear about some of her shows being downgraded from arenas to LARGE HALLS :smile: The downright SHAME OF IT ALL.

The recording I listen to is great, crowd seems desperate to sing along to hits and there's heaps of confused silence with the MDNA tracks - Papa Don't Preach got an amazing response and people were trying to sing along to Hung Up, Express Yourself, Vogue and LAP got great crowd reactions.

I think she dropped the ball this time, MDNA should have been released in February and the tour should have started in June after huge promo - performing so many tracks for an album that really only sold for two weeks with no hit singles or promo doesn't work. The album is amazing, better than Hard Candy and nobody knows it and some, my partner of 6 weeks who loved ROL, COADF etc had no idea M had a new album out for example. This whole era is a mess and it had so much potential

Part of me that values M's legacy more than my need to see her is glad this isn't coming to Australia as it would be worse than the current backlash she has here.

At the end of the day, even if there were empty spaces and tickets didn't sell out/fast enough....whatever. Isn't it confirmed that there was something like 35,000-40,000 people there?? Any way you look at it that's a lot of people and nothing to be embarrassed about. Outselling Bon Jovi or not...lol.

I find it sad that anybody who posts over there would even bother going to a Madonna show these days first off all. You should've already known you were going to find fault with it. But if you're going to put yourself through the agony.....why not try to have fun like the people in all the videos posted of the show here in this thread (and 12:51's Mamis review), I'm truly amazed (and appalled) that people actually willingly go to Madonna shows to be hum drum and take pictures of empty sections and assume people across the stadium that walk out in groups are storming out in anger and boredom. You have fucking Madonna on stage in front of you and all you can think about is whether 60,000 people are around you or only 40,000....or "OMG that casual fan that looks bored 4 rows ahead doesn't like this version of LAV OMG she's over"......I mean REALLY?? Who gives a fuck!? I say that whether the stadium was half empty or not.

Anyway it's silly to argue about, I guess I personally just have low patience threshold for the exaggerated brand of negativity that shifted over to The Other Shore years ago, so I'm automatically suspicious of comments like these from people who post full time on that gloomy happiness-vacuum of a forum

Thanks for the sweet comments about my mom guys :inlove:

Hey 12:51,

I post on The Other Shore like Jimmy, and I'd like to point out it's not all negative opinion. Some people are very vocal about their criticisms of Madonna, which can be tireseome after a while. But they are allowed to say what they like because it's a forum with no censorship and people don't get chucked out for having a differing opinion. That said, it's not a gloomy happiness vacuum. There are plenty of us there who still enjoy Madonna and remain enthusiastic about her when she deserves it. Such a generalisation is like saying this forum is full of madonna loons. Yes, there are some, but they are not the majority.

In Jimmy's defence, he is one of the fairest and most balanced posters on both of these forums. He's a genuine fan, and I believe genuine fans should be able to point out the positives as well as the negatives. I believe every word he says about the Scotland gig because the guy doesn't lie or exaggerate. He has no need to.

Based on my Sticky and Sweet experience at Wembley stadium, I will never see Madonna again in a stadium. Bad sound quality, crap view of the stage... and those were the press allocated seats. It was awful. I'm glad I saw her in Birmingham last week despite the technical problems. For the most part, I loved the show.

Ive looked at that forum a few times when the GimmeSomeMo topic was hot here for awhile, and all I saw was a bunch of negative, bitter,immature queens. Sorry but most"criticisms" I saw was very simplistic and weak. It didn't even seem like they were having any fun at all (like in the off topic forum here), its just a negative place. the insecurity of most members is loud and clear. but again I am not a member or visited that place more than two or three times, so maybe it has changed now.

Sounds like you've been drinking the Riverwide kool aid Jimmy. Speaking of being a sycophant.

No one buys what you're saying because it didn't happen. Sorry if I sound like an asshole. I just know the drill with your brigade over there at the Other Shore. No one here falls for it anymore I guess.

Not cool, 12:51. Not cool. And very unfair.

Hey 12:51,

I post on The Other Shore like Jimmy, and I'd like to point out it's not all negative opinion. Some people are very vocal about their criticisms of Madonna, which can be tireseome after a while. But they are allowed to say what they like because it's a forum with no censorship and people don't get chucked out for having a differing opinion. That said, it's not a gloomy happiness vacuum. There are plenty of us there who still enjoy Madonna and remain enthusiastic about her when she deserves it. Such a generalisation is like saying this forum is full of madonna loons. Yes, there are some, but they are not the majority.

In Jimmy's defence, he is one of the fairest and most balanced posters on both of these forums. He's a genuine fan, and I believe genuine fans should be able to point out the positives as well as the negatives. I believe every word he says about the Scotland gig because the guy doesn't lie or exaggerate. He has no need to.

Based on my Sticky and Sweet experience at Wembley stadium, I will never see Madonna again in a stadium. Bad sound quality, crap view of the stage... and those were the press allocated seats. It was awful. I'm glad I saw her in Birmingham last week despite the technical problems. For the most part, I loved the show.

Oh please. The Other Shore is a pathetic forum full of bitchy and angry queens who only see the negative about Madonna. I'm ALL for criticism when it's deserved but over there it's not criticism it's just pathetic hate. For everything she does, she get bashed for it. The fact that you think being a bitchy queen = "having a different opinion" take out all credibility from you.

I tried to get into this forum but i just can't, it's so vile. Most of those people are Gaga loons anyway, that's says it all...

MadonnaNation is not perfect either but at least i know people are REAL fans here.