EDINBURGH - July 21st (12:51 stans for Scotland & his mom, throws chancla)

Ai Papi Si.

Ok lets take stock of last night. To begin the stadium was about 90% full, a couple of empty sections but a huge amount of people at the gig. Personally I was surprised how many people were at the show. She came one just after nine, by which time the crowd was in a state of frenzy. One of the best crowds I have ever had at a Madonna show and they went insane when she came on. The show was amazing, she was in a brilliant mood and the stage is just stunning. Everyone around me was on their feet singing and dancing all through, we never sat down once. A huge amount of love for her.

All the songs were well received, particularly the old ones, and yes I was disappointed she cut a couple of songs but most people would be unaware of this as they are not Madonna geeks like us. Its her perogative to change her show, most artists do it, she has not signed a legally binding contract with us to perform a specific set list, so get over it. For me the only song that did not work was Revolver.

I was sitting with two women who had never seen her before and they said they did not know her new stuff, but they sang and danced all the way through and after the show vocalised how she had completely blown them away and it was much better than they expected. Like watching a movie, they said.

My friends on the other side complained of sound problems, but I believe this was the acoustics of the venue.

Overall a brilliant well received show. How this can be reviewed badly, I have no idea, but hey this is Madonna and people hate her for the fact of who she is.

Great video of the sound-check with the pony tail. Am i the only thinkin she looks very cool & funky with this kind of raw/messed up pony tail + funky sun glasses. Call me crazy but i prefer that look over the ones from the show lol

[media=]

[/media]

http://m.scotsman.com/lifestyle/music/news-and-features/gig-review-madonna-murrayfield-stadium-edinburgh-1-2426150

Look at the bottom of this article.

"a production error" meant the article was accidentally posted with 5 stars and it "should have" been 4. British tabloids don't half make me LOL.

I'm wondering why she cut those two songs is because they just didn't get much positive reaction at Hyde Park? I love I'm Addicted but the crowd were just stony faced for that and Like A Virgin kind of killing the moved for the end section. Or perhaps they were keeping close check on the time and as they were coming towards the end of the show, they knew they were going to be cut.

I think since Springsteen and McCartney were cut off, councils have got the balls to be stricter with the acts. There is no excuse for being late. Either negociate a later time and confirm it from the start on the tickets or just be on time.

Guest astonishing!

Although she skipped LAV and I'm Addicted (one of my favourites from the album), I still loved the show. I understand that these kind of things sometimes have to happen to keep the show going. I just wish they'd cut I'm A Sinner instead of IA. We were seated at the West side of the stage and the sound was great, no problems there and everybody round us was stood up. I thought the crowd were okay - a lot of people around us didn't know the new songs - which was kinda disappointing - but the oldies got a great reception, especially Like A Prayer. That was like some kind of religious experience. I was quite surprised by the amount of people there! My friend who came with me who isn't a big M fan enjoyed the show.

The people I overheard at the exit had mixed responces. Most seemed to enjoy it but a couple seemed to want more hits and complained of sound issues. That said, I think the concert was noticably short - a lot of people were shocked when it ended. I was disappointed that I missed out on a couple things - audience interaction included.

The rain during LAP/Celebration was cool - looked great in the lights. During the choir section of LAP she grabbed a towel and mopped the stage :lol:

Highlights of the show for me were GGW, Revolver, Papa Don't Preach, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Candy Shop, LAP and Celebration. I've had Celebration stuck in my head since!

Agree with all of the above ^^

Madonna mentioned before Masterpiece that she had to stop talking else they were going to cut her show. So I think this is why she skipped songs. Plus Murrayfield's curfew is 11pm and she finished at 10.55pm after the two songs were taken off, so she would've gone over, but not by much. Stingy twats.

Ooh astonishing I was in the west stand near front too! Small world!

Edited by iainmdna

Guest astonishing!

I missed some of Masterpiece - the lady next to me had gone to the toilet and had come back and stood in my place :lol: so I didn't catch that!

We were in block 11.

Amazing crowd singalong for LAP

[media=]

[/media]

holy crap! that is amazing and totally warms me up! and that is near the end of the show and the place looks packed

Guest astonishing!

Yeah, I don't know what the talk of people walking out was about. A couple people left after LAP but the crowd was still full for Celebration and the energy was great, even if a lot of people didn't know the song.

Glad your Mum enjoyed the show, 12:51.

Well whoever said there would be ridiculous headlines about her using guns the day after that Batman shooting were right.

Headline of the Sunday Post:

"Madonna: Scots gig shock as star defies gun pleas"

Also,

Sunday Mail: Madonna shocks using guns in stage routine less than 48 hours after Denver massacre"

Oh please. The press needs to grow up.

& Thankyou Wright, not just me that thought the crowd were up for it then!

I said it, and she hasn't even reached the U.S. yet.

This is going to further damage her career if she doesn't reestructure the gun block of the show. I don't want her to do it, but it's the reality, the press will be all over her.

It sounds like overall this show went over really well! I'm sure most in the audience don't even know 2 songs were cut. It seems she was kind of caught between a rock and a hard place with this one. She started "late" but it was still daylight so she couldn't have really started any earlier. Yet, had she performed her full show it would've went over curfew time. Not a very big window of time there.

Her show doesn't hit the states for another month (??) so, by that time the shootings will be old news. As sad as it is, Americans are pretty used to this kind of thing at this point......mentally disturbed punk seeks revenge on the world for his little rich white boy problems.

Are they going to ban Batman as well then? It's a show as its a theme of the show.

See Piers Morgan calling for her tour to be cancelled. E wishes

er i wanna slap the shit out of peirs morgan for his name alone

ya i hate every concert thread saying people walked out, everyone hated it, the critics shit on it, madonna is too old for her own boobs, lol etc etc....but seeing these pictures and videos and fan reviews out weighs all that negative...(and no i dont think shes all perfect either-its just hard to determine what is true anymore :()

I would echo Kim's comments that there was something slightly detached about the experience, and that, largely, had to do with the start. How wonderful would it be to experience that intro as it was intended - in darkness. It would have been so much better. In daylight, all of the common slags tanked up on Smirnoff Ice and their knucklehead companions were all giving it "eh, why's she swinging a big ash tray about for four minutes"! The opening segment definitely alienated a large part of the audience, to the extend that many walked out. They weren't, however, seeing it as it was meant to be seen.

Having seen it live, I genuinely think that MDNA is a good show. Despite my personal reservations about the song list (yeah, I know, it's the MDNA tour, but it even fails on that score when you bin the best fucking song - I'm Addicted - because you can't get your ass on stage on time, and don't even deign to include the next best track- Love Spent - in the set list in the first place), it's a wonderfully conceived production. And the lady DOES, as usual, work her ass off.

However, just about everything was against her last night. The sound further back was apparently AWFUL. My friends are cheap gypsies and only paid a mere £80 for their tickets, and were towards the end of the stadium. All they could hear was bass, and about one word in ten. The blogs weren't exaggerating when they said that there was an exodus of people after the first section. Starting the most challenging section of the show in light, when it was so obviously conceived for a dark auditorium, was always going to be a test and so it proved, alas.

I was sitting at the East stand. The crowd were ok. The predictables got everyone going (and "Vogue" and "Like a Prayer" were truly WONDERFUL) but it was variable for the rest. The one shocker, was how empty the main standing area was. At its absolute best, it was 50-55% full (I took a photopic of it at one point, because I was horrified at how sparse it was), and it had definitely thinned out by the end. I don't think our girl will be returning to Scotland any time soon.

But, you know, what. I enjoyed it. I missed hearing "I'm Addicted", because I genuinely love that track, but I so loved seeing her in my own city. :-)

I said it, and she hasn't even reached the U.S. yet.

This is going to further damage her career if she doesn't reestructure the gun block of the show. I don't want her to do it, but it's the reality, the press will be all over her.

I don't know about that. The press in the U.S. has a very short memory and by the time she performs here, the Colorado tragedy will be old news - especially with the election likely to dominate the media in September/October/November. Even Obama isn't making gun control an issue. I am not saying that to sound insensitive, it's just the truth about our culture.

Haha That would be me taking a video of PDP on my phone in that photo

ahh ok i know who u r. i was wearing all black with a silver necklace and if you heard me speak you'd know I'm american. what a bitch it was there with people pushing their way through.

I guess people leaving early is the price you have to pay when starting the show so late. As far as I've heard, most people who have left early, did so in order to catch their last train/bus home.

If the Copenhagen show hadn't been on a Monday, I would have had to wait 5 hours for my first train home!

Ah I remember the accent behind me, it was very squished and random people coming through to 'get to their friend at the other side'

yea, it was ridiculous. still managed to enjoy the show though. :) I'll have to go through my videos and photos and send you what you make an appearance in lol.