Billboard Boxscore Thread: MDNA Tour grosses $232.9 million so far

MadFan

They've just updated the Boxscore Chart, only for the third time in a row no Madonna figures. Next update definitely, it feels like the tour has just started, yet the European leg is almost over, 3 months into the whole thing. We'll get everything together soon I guess http://www.billboard...entboxscore.jsp

I can't wait till we have the first 10 gigs' figures for North America :dramatic:

They will most likely submit all the remaining dates at once as soon as the European Tour is over so they can come up with a big headline such as "Madonna's European leg grosses more than 120 million dollars".

yes i think so! just in time for the US leg to begin!

which is a few weeks away!

They will most likely submit all the remaining dates at once as soon as the European Tour is over so they can come up with a big headline such as "Madonna's European leg grosses more than 120 million dollars".

:dramatic:

Guest pedrohdi

[EN] 1st August 2012, Warsaw, National Stadium

54.070 / 54.070 (100%) SOLD OUT

Gross Sales: $4.200.112

Source Ultramadonna.com

Just a note:

When we get info for Dublin, Vienna, Warsaw, Kiev, St. Petersburg and Helinski, we won't have comparable info from the last tour, as she did not play at the same venues she did this time.

but in Chile tickets are not sold out yet...and the media claims Gaga the new Pop Queen. She has sold out most of her tickets in just a couple of weeks. Well...Gaga has never been here and is the hottest act right now. Nobody mentions that

um there are a lot of places where gaga only sold a few hundred tickets (out of 30,000). what Im saying is, one artist is popular one place but may be less popular somewhere else. things like that are gonna happen. especially in over-saturated markets. but overall she seems to be doing really good.

They've just updated the Boxscore Chart, only for the third time in a row no Madonna figures. Next update definitely, it feels like the tour has just started, yet the European leg is almost over, 3 months into the whole thing. We'll get everything together soon I guess http://www.billboard...entboxscore.jsp

I can't wait till we have the first 10 gigs' figures for North America :dramatic:

Scary when you scroll down nearly every promoter listed is Live Nation :sneaky:

THEY OWN THE MARKET AND THEY ALSO OWN RADIO (i think)

that is why it was such a good idea to sign with them....however, not so much for singles/record sales, lol

when r we gonna get these scores dammit!!! the us leg is bout to start!!!

Guest pedrohdi

THEY OWN THE MARKET AND THEY ALSO OWN RADIO (i think)

that is why it was such a good idea to sign with them....however, not so much for singles/record sales, lol

when r we gonna get these scores dammit!!! the us leg is bout to start!!!

Not anymore, Live Nation was a division, or came from Clear Chanel but are not related anymore! And by the way, Clear Chanel as a very strong link to the republican party, just saying...

Not anymore, Live Nation was a division, or came from Clear Chanel but are not related anymore! And by the way, Clear Chanel as a very strong link to the republican party, just saying...

i think i vaguely remember something about clear channel being behind a partial radio boycot of m's american life back in 2003.. not sure how it was all worked out but i remember them being linked in a way

Wow, big numbers...this was just released:

"The tour, which began May 31 in Tel Aviv, has grossed $115,701,909, with attendance of 985,340 to 33 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore. For North America, Madonna has sold $111 million in tickets for 44 shows in the U.S. and Canada, according to Arthur Fogel, chairman of Live Nation Global Touring and producer of Madonna's tours"

http://www.billboard.com/news/madonna-s-mdna-tour-hits-north-america-1007902812.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/madonna-s-mdna-tour-hits-north-america-1007902812.story?utm_source=most_recent

but in Chile tickets are not sold out yet...and the media claims Gaga the new Pop Queen. She has sold out most of her tickets in just a couple of weeks. Well...Gaga has never been here and is the hottest act right now. Nobody mentions that

And Gaga's ticket prices are shit

Wow, big numbers...this was just released:

"The tour, which began May 31 in Tel Aviv, has grossed $115,701,909, with attendance of 985,340 to 33 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore. For North America, Madonna has sold $111 million in tickets for 44 shows in the U.S. and Canada, according to Arthur Fogel, chairman of Live Nation Global Touring and producer of Madonna's tours"

http://www.billboard...rce=most_recent

i expected much higher numbers..oh welll..it's good though...I think Gaga can catch up easily..

Yay MDNA gross more than The Boss (108.5 millions in Europe).

MDNA has chances to be the 2012 #1 tour in Europe.

About lady xerox, there's no way she will surpass Madonna European numbers (on the other hand, if yo are talking about the whole tour, then you'll might be right) It depends on how long lady shit extends her tour through USA/Canada, and if it sells really really well.

i expected much higher numbers..oh welll..it's good though...I think Gaga can catch up easily..

She won't catch up easily. They have played the same number of shows at the moment. Gaga is already 45 million dollars behind. This doesn't sound much but the shows in Asia and Australia had top ticket prices. Ticket prices she is unable to take in Europe. Her priciest tickets are around 40% cheaper than Madonnas. Which means she will lose even more ground. In result she will have to play many many more shows to catch up. And considering she played more than 100 dates in Northern America during her last tour this might be difficult. Oversaturation and a loss in popularity are certainly not helpful.

And ... Madonna could always add a second leg if she feels the need to put Gaga in her place.

If Gags' average gross continues through Europe + Latin America + plays the same # of US dates as Madonna she'll gross about $284 million. These are the calculations. :fag:

If Gags makes what she's been makin' through Europe + Latin America + plays the same # of US dates as Madonna she'll gross about $284 million. These are the calculations. :fag:

This is a total of 84 shows (31 in Europe, 10 in South America and 43 shows in the US) at 210 million gross. Makes an average per show of 2.5 million. Considering she plays some rather small arenas especially in Europe I doubt she is able to manage that with her ticket prices. Just to make a short comparison: Madonna played Ziggo Dome, O2 Berlin and Lanxess Cologne (the very same venues Gaga is playing) and generated around 1.8 million per show with ticket prices way higher.

Anyway, even this 284 million final could be achieved it might not be enough to keep up with the MDNA tour. Based on the revenues given by LN MDNA will be around 230 million after Northern America. Means 55 million for South America. All stadiums. So it could be possible. But there is a huge question mark behind the estimated 110 million for Northern America. For some reason I think it's too low.

I am bit worry about Mexico and South America concerts, at least in Mexico she hasn't sold hlaf of the second date, and some random seats for the first date, I know there's still 3 months to that but I feel this time will be hard to reach S&S Mexican and Latin America $$$ also exchange rate is higher so, less dollars