London Hyde Park, 17th July

markm

Sorry to be off topic but I can't open my own thread, does anyone know what goes down in:

http://breathlessmadonna.com/index.php

I tried becoming a member 87987 times but they always rejected me. I really need my fix of rare photos and I feel they have a lot. Is it like a closed community only for traders?

Were there any stands set up for this show?

Personally, I love GA. But not every concert-goer likes to do standing-room-only.

• 2 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-20055062

Live Nation may end 10-year link with Hyde Park

Live Nation may pull out of staging concerts in Hyde Park in London because of a dispute over the tender process.

The live music company has filed a letter of complaint to The Royal Parks raising "serious concerns" about the tender and bid process for the new four-year contract up to 2017. It said it is "focusing on alternative venues" while it awaits a decision. Live Nation has brought the likes of Paul Simon, Madonna, Rihanna and Live 8 to Hyde Park over the past decade. It was also responsible for 25 days of events at the London venue as part of the London 2012 Festival supporting the Olympics In July, fans at this year's Hard Rock Calling event were bemused when Bruce Springsteen and Sir Paul McCartney's microphones were switched off during a duet. According to Westminster Council, Live Nation took the decision to end the concert "to comply with their licence".

Criticisms

The Guardian reported it understood Live Nation had been "highly critical" of The Royal Parks tender document, claiming it did not recognise the complex logistics and costs associated with running big events in a central location in London. It added the complaint letter also highlighted issues such as noise restrictions, crowd safety considerations in shutting off neighbouring Park Lane and unrealistic revenue assumptions. The Royal Parks, a government agency within the Department for Culture, Media and Sport which is managing the tender process, declined to discuss any details until the process was complete.

I just don't get why they have to hold her concerts in such crap venues. Wembley is just as bad. It's so big that if you're near the back, the videos are out of time with the sound.