Asia 2013?

Louise Oriole

This was posted at Mix, but the poster only has like 3 posts so I don't know how reliable they are

Today (18 June) the TV news annouced that concert organizers is trying their best to bring Madonna MDNA to Taiwan. If every goes smoothly the concert will be held in March 2013. The three venus that taken into consideraton are Banqiao Stadium at Taipei, the second is the Kaohsiung National Stadium which held the 2009 World Games and the last is Kaohsiung Arena. Let's keep our fingers and legs crossed.

I have also heard that BEC Tero ( who brought Gaga to Thailand ) is trying hard to bring the Queen to our Kingdom. I am crossing my fingers and legs !

I hope so but I do think everything revolves around her kids's schedule as well. I would love to see MDNA Tour again. I missed so many things in the show ( trying to take photos , trying to take it all in etc) . Strangely enough my fav moment from the show ( beside the opening ) is actually Candy Shop ! LOL I hated that track with a passion when it was performed on SS !

Based on Gaga's boxscores, is it worth it for Madonna?

She did 3 shows in Tokyo and got away with $18M and $43M overall for Asian leg ... It should be even more for M if, of course, she has time.

Its funny how we assume Madonna is all about the money, so why if thats the case would she not do a market where she can generate massive revenue similar to South America during S&S? With the right dates in the right areas I bet she could generate close to or more than $1 billion in ticket sales overall if she added in Asia, New Zealand and Australia for a decent leg similar to that of the current 2012 stretch. That is a record that would stand for all of time I would imagine?

Guest bluejean

It would be great if she did. It seems odd to do Australia in January and then nothing beyond that. Japan and New Zealand at the very least.

Just out of curiosity, how popular is Madonna in Asia? I remember hearing someone from Japan (I think) say that she's not really popular in Asia, but maybe I'm making that up.

She's very popular, Raulito! Although I have a feeling Lady Gaga's recent Asian dominance may have waned Madonna's popularity here (don't shoot me!) I grew up in urban Manila and I was shaking my lil boy booty to Vogue during kindergarten. I'm now a grown ass Asian fag and I flew all the way to Abu Dhabi from Bangkok just to see her LOL. And I actually know a few who have done the same as me. She does have a lot of fans here. Good news is, I think most have the $$$.

People will be clamouring to see her ! Her Asian fans who tend to be older and have money now will pay to see her for sure .Also rich Asian people who aren't fans will pay to see her anyway cos it's MADONNA and we don't get stars of that magnitude here often .

Gaga is adored by many younger fans which is ok but most of them couldn't afford Golden Circle Tix.

If Madonna announces her Asian legs it will be in the news for weeks !

Oh wow. I hope this happens :)

I hope Australia happens for you to San :laugh:

Just out of curiosity, how popular is Madonna in Asia? I remember hearing someone from Japan (I think) say that she's not really popular in Asia, but maybe I'm making that up.

No, you did not.

She was not BIG in Asia.

Only Porkriah & Floppita are BIG in Asia.

091105092025865741-1.jpg

july_2007.jpg

I want South Africa to get some l-u-v too! I think it's going to happen - again, not sure what the "album case" will be - I can't believe she'll still be touring with the standard version of MDNA a year and a half in...

Let's keep our fingers and legs crossed.

yeah madonna needs to keep her legs crossed there or she's in trouble...

anyhow, it would be very good if they do asia nxt year

I hope she really tours Australia and then Japan, the japanese pay high ticket prices, and MDNA worth it

I guess all of you know that ANY countries that forbid her to showcase everything in full will be dropped.

Therefore if she's doing Asia, she will NOT do:

- China (Censorship issue)

- Korea (18 Only issue)

- Indonesia (Censorship issue + Muslim country)

- Malaysia (Censorship issue + Muslim country)

- Thailand (Controversial show)

- Singapore (Censorship issue)

So most probably she will do Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong & Manila.

Maybe it is going to be an OT question, but do you think she will label that as MDNA Tour V2 ... so that makes another tour out on the contract? Anyways i really hope she does OZ and Asia on 2013

Maybe it is going to be an OT question, but do you think she will label that as MDNA Tour V2 ... so that makes another tour out on the contract? Anyways i really hope she does OZ and Asia on 2013

I don't think that will be the case. The whole thing is the MDNA tour...and I hope she does Asia too.

I guess all of you know that ANY countries that forbid her to showcase everything in full will be dropped.

Therefore if she's doing Asia, she will NOT do:

- China (Censorship issue)

- Korea (18 Only issue)

- Indonesia (Censorship issue + Muslim country)

- Malaysia (Censorship issue + Muslim country)

- Thailand (Controversial show)

- Singapore (Censorship issue)

So most probably she will do Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong & Manila.

I don't think she'll have any issues with Singapore and Thailand tbh