MILANO - JUNE 14TH

Ai Papi Si.

Markm that was such a silly review. If you liked the show you liked the show. Why do oyu have to cap it off with "Oh Madonna's not putting her all into her music" - my god if she's not putting her all then what the shit is she doing? This tour is the biggest, most ambitious thing she's ever attempted and that's ALL you have to say about it? ANYWAY

Oh and Nikki, don't be so suspicious of people writing negative things about her... some people just dislike the woman, and she's in that phase right now where it's cool to hate Madonna, don't worry, next album cycle it'll change. I really doubt it has anything to do with Gaga, I think we (Madonna fans) are the only people on the world who give Gaga more credit than she deserves. Her fanbase doesn't stretch that far and wide enough to have a bunch of people in Sweden writing bad things about Madonna, or to have an Italian journalist review her show badly... it just doesn't make sense.

Thanks XXL for the review!!

markm, i liked your review at the beginning but then you ruined it by agreeing with the Italian Vogue review, i mean are you serious??? And her stage sucks, really? I'm not saying that you have to be a crazy loon loving everything she does (we're not LM after all) but i fail to see the logic of the end of your post...

from what i saw on yt there are quite huge stairs that connect the main stage to the catwalk and they block the sideview..

they're not so huge....maybe can block the view...but you really must be on the far side

All I have to say is that she is professionally known as The Queen not for nothing. This show is simply everything and more a fan of hers or of pop music in general could ever wish for or expect to get after all the amazing peaks she's touched already throughout 30 years of music. Beauty in sound and visuals, class, style, top notch craft and perfection in execution, you name it.

She really gives renewed and stronger meaning to CUBB's "How It Is" Memo thread in the other section of the forum. You could watch the full show 100 times online and proceed to watch it another 100 times in person and the 100th time seen in person would still feel as mesmerizing as the first.

She was on fire last night and her speech was longer than the usual and sweet. While people started being let in the stadium she was completing soundcheck and she was already very playful and teasing with the audience. She mantained this attitude for the whole show. She sang beautifully and she sang almost every single song live for this particular gig. Her voice was simply superb (the only song it was a bit uncertain in parts was TUTR).

Since DWT the MDNA tour is by far my favourite of the last 5 and personally for me it managed to do what I thought it couldn't happen: top Confessions which up to last night was my favourite. This show is a good balance of athelticism, movement, excellent choreographies and a poetic/theatre construction feel to it. You could say it's a cross between elements CT/DWT had and Sticky ("WTG Part 2") in a way.

As 10.10 pm drew on and the show was starting, monks appearing and the thurible being lowered down you could feel magic taking over the stadium, the crowd went nuts (not talking just about people on the field but also people in the stands - I've never seen anything quite like an Italian crowd). The sound just gets under your feet, your very skin and that stage and the whole layout is so magnificent that whatever part of the stadium you're watching the show from, you just feel as if you were inside the Cathedral yourself LOL

Choreographies: A Best ever

Vocals: A -

Stage Design: Magnificent

Arrangements: A

Value of Production: Unparalleled

Dancing/Choreographing Talent: These are real dancers and some of them are also contornionists.

The choreographies are so rich, inspired and different from the usual ones you see everywhere else

Costumes: A (I loved all of them, and I appreciated the majorette one more, it really comes alive on stage for those two songs).

Visuals/ Video Interludes: possibly her best of the last 5 tours. Top quality and great effort. They easily surpass DWT/RIT and S&S screen imagery

I have to say people always mention how expensive her concert tickets are but when you come out of that venue you just feel like you've got all of your money's worth and then some. Like she said in that Vanity Fair Italia interview "I never take my fans for granted" and that is reflected in what I've seen last night. I also loved when Rocco joined her on Open your Heart and she was leaning to give her hand to fans and she goes "Come on Rocco give your hand" and he just kept smiling but shook his head while continuing clapping, to which she added "He's shy" :laugh:

One last thing, it seems this time (compared to how Sticky was) they made sure that the sound would be good for a stadium venue as well. To me last night's sound was excellent. I can only imagine this feast for the eyes and ears will be even more of a treat for the fans attending the show at an arena venue. By the way the stadium was packed!!! And judging by some comments from casual fans in attendance they simply loved the show. There was a couple of women next to us saying things like "Have you seen this and that, I am 36 and I can't do that" LOL

I can't wait for my London gig and I am actually considering adding a third one.

:confessions:QUEENDONNA strikes again

i couldn't have said it better!!!!

:thumbsup:

Amazing!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

you are welcome!!!!!!

i love her so much!!!!

she is amazing!!! AMAZING....

sorry for my english....

I'm a little drunk right now :laugh:

you are welcome!!!!!!

i love her so much!!!!

sorry for my english....

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:thumbsup:

I hope you enjoyed my video and my photos!!!!!!

i LOVE her.....

she is the QUEEN....the ONE AND ONLY....!!!!!!! END.....

you are welcome!!!!!!

i love her so much!!!!

sorry for my english....

A drunk Greek boy? Let me take care of you darling! :yes::1251: Thanks so much for sharing your photos and videos! I'm glad that Viaggio ticket mess got sorted out for you!

A drunk Greek boy? Let me take care of you darling! :yes::1251: Thanks so much for sharing your photos and videos! I'm glad that Viaggio ticket mess got sorted out for you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i love you......

Okay, so I just got back from Italy this week and went to this show! A little late I know but here's my thoughts from beginning to end...

Seeing the show in Milan was mindblowing! Despite waiting in the burning heat for nearly 6 hours and the gates opening over an hour late, the show was worth all the anticipation and waiting around. Italian fans are maniacal about Madonna, there was so much pushing and shoving and running to get inside the stadium, it was pretty intense but that's just how they roll there!

I managed to get a good spot right at the tip of the triangle and caught the sound checks for I'm a Sinner and Masterpiece and then had another few hours of standing till the sun went down and till the show begun!

The opening for me, although great, lacked the punch of the Confessions Tour opening. They're two completely different tours with different style openings but the CT for me built up more anticipation whereas MDNA is more theatrics and less anticipation. From the moment you hear that first 'Oh my God...' she's going straight into Girl Gone Wild within minutes, so the theme is built up way more as opposed to Madonna's grand entrance (if this makes any sense!). It's definitely one of the best openings however, hearing her say 'Oh my God...' will send shivers down your spine!!!

The whole of the the first act is my favourite! All the song placements etc flow seamlessly and as a theme, everything just works brilliantly. Gang Bang is the real highlight here, every gun shot sounds like a bomb explosion and the use of the huge backdrops when the blood splatters screams sheer theatrics, I already worry that the power of the sound and visuals will be lost on the blu ray, this performance really has to be seen and heard live to believed! Also, the ending of this segment is sure to be one of the most iconic moments of Madonna's career! The way she rises up from the stage and raises her hand to the light with the MDNA crucifix behind her just sets the heart racing! Again, it just has to be experienced live, it's immense!

The second segment, as a follow up, doesn't hit the same highs but keeps the tempo going. It felt more like two small segments instead of one long segment (partly because of the costume change from the bright Majorette outfit to the black outfit for the last three songs of the segment). The visuals for the Express Yourself backdrop are superb and gathered roars of approval from the crowd throughout! (For the line 'satin sheets are very romantic, what happens when you're not in them?' there's a cartoon of a man and woman in bed and then the woman morphs into a man so it's two men in bed instead, the queens went crazy for this! Haha!) Born This Way, even if it is an insult, works excellently, it's a great mash up and had the crowd going nuts singing along etc!

The third segment was my favourite after Transgression. Again, it's sexy, dark and provocative and everything just flows together perfectly. Costume, choregraphy, backdrops are just all in sync and deserve 10/10. Candy Shop/Erotica is the real highlight here! (Remember everyone crying about Candy Shop's inclusion? Never doubt the Queen again, on stage, it is simply DIVINE) Like a Virgin (which is my favourite M song) sounds good reworked. I was looking forward to hearing the original tune, but again, M has done a great job of taking a classic and making it something different. I wasn't fond of this new version till I heard it live.

The last segment was good at best. Everything leading up to Celebration generally got the crowd going. The karate version of I'm Addicted, once again, as a live performance, works and it works mainly because you can really feel something different trying to be explored. I still wish it had been more dance based but it's a minor chink in a relatively smooth armour. Also, the mix of I'm a Sinner with cyber-raga... Why didn't M just use Shanti/Ashtangi from RoL? Casual fans would be non the wiser and fan fans would have had another small treat thrown their way. The songs are very interchangeable and Shanti would have worked just as well. I'm sure M has her reasons, but until I know them, I just don't understand why she just couldn't have used Shanti instead. The last thing from this segment has been mentioned by everyone already... Celebration works great as a closing number, but the show's ending, unless you know it's about to happen, really does just come out of nowhere. M just says 'THANK YOU!' at the end of the song and disappears beneath the stage. It is abrupt and again, CT wins out for me on this one. Again, yes, they're different shows and the songs are not the same but it just doesn't finish in the energetic, crowd involved way you might hope, it just feels too sudden. The last segment overall was my least fav but for all the things I've listed, they're easily forgivable and minor when considering how great the rest of the show is.

The interludes are beautiful, barring Best Friend/Heartbeat which is instantly forgettable.

As with any M show, I feel the further back you stand, the better it will be. You can really appreciate all the visual effects the further back you stand whereas if you stand close, the stage is so gargantuan that you can never really see all the action that is happening! I prefer the catwalk stage design because most of her interaction is with the fans in the pit etc (she did interact with fans in the Gold Circle during Like a Prayer) but that's it from what I remember. I think Tribe or Rama posted a review of the stage design and how they felt it didn't work a lot in comparison to the catwalk, which, sadly, I have to agree with.

Overall, this is a splendid show! M is on top form, the production is slick from start to finish, and the set list is 99% perfect. Stage design aside and the abrupt ending, this is for sure one of the best shows of her career! The best? For me, no... That crown still sits firmly on Confession Tours head, but it really only held on to that crown by only half a point. If the few things that I mentioned were tightened, it would definitely have been the best show Madonna has ever delivered.

Edited by find_a_groove

they got specials deals there or..? ;)

its known that the tribe has been very negative the last few years. i don't know if its still the case today.. or if they like the new tour or not. but if one person would need a "therapist" for saying there are a lot of "negative nancys" on one forum, there wouldn't be a lot of "sane" people left ;)

you read their forum every day, Nikki. don't be such an hypocrite.

Tribe is also know for having hosted a party where everyone showed up in Gaga's t-shirts.

Too bad such party never happened. Anyone can build up a story about anyone.

But yes hate always speaks for itself.

Err, no I don't.. :huh: but interesting to know that you think you do. Maybe you're the one who needs that therapist instead of whoopiedoo, as you're so interested in the lives of all the forum members.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

MDNA Milan is officially the best-selling show in Italy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7871

S.I.A.E. (Italian ASCAP), the Italian society of authors, publishers, and other rightholders published today their data for the show business industry in Italy for the first half of 2012. Madonna and her June 14th MDNA Tour show at the San Siro Stadium in Milan ranked as the best selling pop concert in the report.

0.jpg

The-MDNA-Tour-Milan-San-Siro-14.06.2012.jpg