WTF Happened...? To all or any momentum...

agclef

is the song even released to radio in the UK??

Been and gone. Released 5th August here. Radio 2, the biggest radio station in the country put it on their b-list a week or two before. I heard it once :( It charted at 175. Her biggest flop ever since 'Everybody'!

Meh! Gaga has the most followers on Twitter but she couldn't get a No.1 in the UK from her last album. GaGa and Rihanna work their asses off with personal appearances to keep themselves in the spotlight. Beyonce's last album was bombing until she appeared at Glastonbury and was seen on TV. Coldplay's single Paradise was tanking until they appeared on X-Factor.

Radio and tv appearances may be old skool but they work way better than the internet as you're forcing your product on an audience who wouldn't go out and search for it by themselves but may like it.

Erm I don't think so! :confused: Last 2 albums had #1s for her.

And lets face it - we can't compare Madonna to these young girls, it's ridiculous and unfair. That's not the standard we should be looking at at all.

Meh! Gaga has the most followers on Twitter but she couldn't get a No.1 in the UK from her last album. GaGa and Rihanna work their asses off with personal appearances to keep themselves in the spotlight. Beyonce's last album was bombing until she appeared at Glastonbury and was seen on TV. Coldplay's single Paradise was tanking until they appeared on X-Factor.

Radio and tv appearances may be old skool but they work way better than the internet as you're forcing your product on an audience who wouldn't go out and search for it by themselves but may like it.

Yes, you are absolutely right! I have no idea what was their plan this era, but obviously it didnt work.

now i wonder how the buzz will be for any new album in the future....or will next go round go unnoticed? its not like she can do the superbowel again or anything that comes close to that!??!!? after such an amazing career, even up til now, after all that work and creativity....will she just be remembered from now on for her AGE?

bummer

Erm I don't think so! :confused:Last 2 albums had #1s for her.

And lets face it - we can't compare Madonna to these young girls, it's ridiculous and unfair. That's not the standard we should be looking at at all.

In the UK (which is what I mentioned), Lady GaGa did not have a No.1 single from the Born This Way album...

As for the second part, that is my point. Gaga is flavour of the month and got a massive twitter and Facebook following and still couldn't get a No.1. You have to do the crappy shows and get the song out to a wider audience. Clearly Madonna didn't want to do that anymore but it will be interesting to see if they change strategy for the next album or just accept that her singles no longer sell.

But it's clear that an internet-based campaign is not an effective promotional tool on its own.

In the UK (which is what I mentioned), Lady GaGa did not have a No.1 single from the Born This Way album...

As for the second part, that is my point. Gaga is flavour of the month and got a massive twitter and Facebook following and still couldn't get a No.1. You have to do the crappy shows and get the song out to a wider audience. Clearly Madonna didn't want to do that anymore but it will be interesting to see if they change strategy for the next album or just accept that her singles no longer sell.

But it's clear that an internet-based campaign is not an effective promotional tool on its own.

Oh sorry I thought you were talking about Rihanna, I misread since you also mentioned her. :doh: What a flop Gaga is!

Take this with some huge grains of salt...a rumor from the MTRIBE forum:

I heard a rumour recently that she has studio time booked in LA when she is that way and there could be an MDNA 2.0 scheduled for release next year.

A friend of mine has a cousin in the music industry and a few sessions have been booked in LA. It's probably for MDNA 2.0 as I seriously doubt she's going to launch into a new era so soon. Time will tell I guess

- Trublu1 at the MTRIBE forum

This would be highly irregular for Madonna. Some people at MTRIBE have suggested that if it is true, it is probably for the live vocals for the tour DVD. Who knows....

I can see there being a re-release. Like a retrospective of the whole package, to make it up for the fans. But 2.0 as another album? Nah.

And I would have expected a MDNA remix album to come out, guess not.

there is always these rumours when an album comes out! never ever materializes....unlike amercian life where it became true, LOL sadly

I WISH SHE WOULD GET ON THAT NEW ALBUM, but another no :(

Sticky and Sweet part 2 of the tour was completely out of character so I wouldn't rule anything out now. However, it seems a complete waste of time as they couldn't be bothered to promote the original album and put all their efforts into the tour. If the tour is over, I can't imagine M wanted to promote something she launched over a year ago with a few more songs.

I'll take any new music but I think she'd be better off finishing the MDNA era at Christmas and coming back with something new and promoting it.

The difference is she's now part of the Universal Music family which is a label who, unlike Warner Bros., does go the re-release/re-pack route with albums. Not saying the Tribe rumor is true (they rarely are) but it's not as unlikely asone for a release on WB would have been.

well it aint that hard to rerelease the MDNA cd as is with a couple new songs and the remixes

but yes i agree MOOOOVVVEEEE OONNNNNNNN

but have a second leg first dammit! rake in that money while u can!

in the light of Oz apology and wanting to spend time with her family, do you think 2.0 version is more likely so she can spend time with her family? Add a few songs, a couple of videos etc. I must admit, this project is already dead apart from the tour. I can't see how this would inject anymore life into it now.

Albums that get re-releases for the most part are successful ones that are re-issued due to demand for new music without having to over saturate the public with a WHOLE new album.

No one bought MDNA other than hardcore fans, so i'm not sure who would buy it with extra songs for her to bother releasing it again?

That would only work if she had a proper BIG hit on her hands, but i just can't see it happening. Unless she does some sort of On The Floor ft Pitbull type thing :lmao: but we don't want that.

MDNA came out, we got the superbowl, a few singles and a world tour, i think she should just finish off this era as intended and just leave it as is. Dragging it out with a re-release over the next year just seems pointless, especially if the re-release fails to do anything.

Albums that get re-releases for the most part are successful ones that are re-issued due to demand for new music without having to over saturate the public with a WHOLE new album.

No one bought MDNA other than hardcore fans, so i'm not sure who would buy it with extra songs for her to bother releasing it again?

That would only work if she had a proper BIG hit on her hands, but i just can't see it happening. Unless she does some sort of On The Floor ft Pitbull type thing :lmao: but we don't want that.

MDNA came out, we got the superbowl, a few singles and a world tour, i think she should just finish off this era as intended and just leave it as is. Dragging it out with a re-release over the next year just seems pointless, especially if the re-release fails to do anything.

I guess you're right. :/

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

I think after 5 years she's gonna hang it up.

Touring and all that isn't easy at your peak let alone when you hit 60.

as much as i hate it, i feel the same way. i think these are the last few years of her career as 'madonna the pop star'.

of course, if there's anyone who would go on until the end, it would be M, but i don't think that's going to happen. lourdes is going to be a young woman fairly soon (!!!!) but she still has the other three...i think when this contract is up she's gonna want to actually have time to enjoy her success and kids. :( which isn't a bad thing! bitch fucking deserves it. she'll have worked her ass off almost 40 years by the time that day comes, so i'll be happy for her, but it's going to be sad to see the end of such an iconic and legendary career. bittersweet.

lol why does her retiring have to be sad? i am certain she will still be in the business somehow, especially in film, so its not like we wont see her or hear from her ever again, lol

after this live nation deal is done, she can still do music, if she wants to she'll sign another music contract with whoever. OR just retire like normal people

I think after 5 years she's gonna hang it up.

Touring and all that isn't easy at your peak let alone when you hit 60.

I agree.I can't imagine her touring for another 20 years or so! There are probably other things that she wants to do with her life....continue directing films,maybe producing and directing a TV sitcom,etc.

I think she'll complete the LiveNation contract (which calls for two more albums and two more tours,I believe) and then retire from being a "pop star",to do other things.