Madonna tour delayed by production issues

reQuiem4adream

I do hear that the first show wasn't completely sold out and she was struggling, specifically, to sell the General Admissions ones for the second night.

That is what I believe. I don't think a well oiled machine like Madonna's touring outfit is going to miscalculate the production end of things, especially when it leads to the cancellation of the opening night of the tour. Israel just wasn't selling at the level they expected or wanted. It's a small blemish on an otherwise successful tour.

I do hope she does some TV promo performances as rumored. If she does though, it does wreak of bad management that you have to take time out from tour rehearsals to do promo. Should've been planned from the get go.

Honestly why can't someone just hack that piece of shit website and flush into cyber hell once and for all where it belongs :lol:

He's not saying anything untrue.

He's not saying anything untrue.

I'm not saying he (whoever he is) did. The website itself is a pretty insufferable collection of music fans who clearly havent had a bowel movement in 13 years. That's what I'm saying.

Anyway, what's happening in Israel is almost exactly what happened in Cardiff for Sticky & Sweet 2008. Oh well, life goes on.

It's still odd...because Tel Aviv was the top grossing city of the second leg of the last tour. 100,000 showed up over two nights and the gross was over $14,000,000, which is huge.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest boytoyville

I am so wishing this datw wasn't moved/cancelled. We would have all seen the show by now!

Does anyone know exactly WHY Tel Aviv was choosen as the first stop?

Monte Pittman said because “it’s the center of the world’s energy and what happens here affects the whole world.”

I believed, this is so Esther.

Monte Pittman said because “it’s the center of the world’s energy and what happens here affects the whole world.”

I believed, this is so Esther.

Happens where ? In Tel Aviv ? Give me a break !

Do you seriously expect her to say "Hello Ramat Gan"?

Well, if we're talking about 2 different towns, then she should.

But I guess she'll just say "Hello, Israel!" and that will be it.