Madonna tour delayed by production issues

reQuiem4adream

As Madonna's team continues work on building a rehearsal version of her tour set at Nassau Coliseum, promoters announced Thursday that the start date of the MDNA Tour has been pushed back due to production delays.

The MDNA Tour will now kick off on May 31 in Ramat Gan Stadium in Tel Aviv, instead of May 29, according to tour promoters Live Nation and Shuki Weiss. The delay is not expected to affect any other tour dates.

The North American leg of Madonna's tour is set for Aug. 28 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. She plays Yankee Stadium on Sept. 6 and 8, and Madison Square Garden on Nov. 12.

Madonna has rented out the Nassau Coliseum through the start of the tour to rehearse on a full-scale version of her elaborate set, which includes what promoters say will be the largest video screens ever created. It is not clear when Madonna will start her rehearsals on Long Island. She is currently rehearsing with her band and dancers in Manhattan.

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/madonna-tour-delayed-by-production-issues-1.3684922

OMG, like, It's being delayed to accommodate one big promotional appearance before she starts the tour. :wow:

BB award? yeah, right! (Kinda hope it's true.) BTW, I'm so afraid that the press will stir the news in a different direction. She sold out one concert in Tel Aviv, correct?

The official explanation for this delay is that the stage went wideways when they put it together, leaving almost no room for the floor set seat down on the triangle part.

A representative from Madonna's promoting company in Israel was giving a radio interview yesterday and at first he said that the reason for the cancellation is the fact that M needed 2 more days of rehearsals. I shit you not. Of course the radio host wasn't having it and she said "c'mon you don't actually expect people to believe that, do you?! You do know what everyone is saying??!" After she pressed him a bit, he didn't exactly deny that the real reason is poor ticket sales.

I was listening to my favorite radio show this morning and the radio VJ was constantly making fun of her while GGW was playing in the background; @ the fact that she can't sell tickets, how pathetic the song is, etc. The usual stuff.

Isn't Israel typically misogynistic? Sure a radio DJ in Israel who is basically bottom rung in the music industry would respect Madonna. :D

^ The chick from yesterday is actually known to be very pleasant; she was genuinely surprised by the representative's explanation that M needed 2 more days to rehearse. The guy from the morning show IS definitely a rude asshole, but a funny one.

Anyho, M will have her opening party for the tour on May the 25th, within one of the biggest gay parties lines in Tel Aviv, the FFF at the "Haoman 17".

Honestly why can't someone just hack that piece of shit website and flush into cyber hell once and for all where it belongs :lol: same with that joke Pitchfork.

I remembered going over to popjustice to read the comments after MDNA had leaked and THE MELTDOWN on there was incredible !

One person actually claimed that MDNA was the WORST album ..EVER !

I expect the same meltdown ( or worse ) with MDNA Tour.

A representative from Madonna's promoting company in Israel was giving a radio interview yesterday and at first he said that the reason for the cancellation is the fact that M needed 2 more days of rehearsals. I shit you not. Of course the radio host wasn't having it and she said "c'mon you don't actually expect people to believe that, do you?! You do know what everyone is saying??!" After she pressed him a bit, he didn't exactly deny that the real reason is poor ticket sales.

I was listening to my favorite radio show this morning and the radio VJ was constantly making fun of her while GGW was playing in the background; @ the fact that she can't sell tickets, how pathetic the song is, etc. The usual stuff.

I don't understand how it can be poor ticket sales. The first show was over 90% sold out after one day on sale. After the second show was announced, there were maybe 2,000 tickets left for the second night. I saw this on the tkts.co.il website, where it shows how many seats are available in each section. I'm assuming those websites lie about how many seats are left....

^ I usually use tkts.co.il to order tickets for both Israeli acts and international artists, whether it's 100% reliable regarding how many seats are actually left, I really can't guarantee.

W'll probably never know, how many tickets were left.

I do hear that the first show wasn't completely sold out and she was struggling, specifically, to sell the General Admissions ones for the second night.