Should Madonna fire Guy Oseary as manager?

Apples388

The Power of Goodbye  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Good night and thank you, Guy O?

• Yes! MDNA promotion is the final straw.
    • No! He's doing a great job.
    • Not sure.

i think he's perfect handling the business side of her career

she probably made more money the past couple of yrs than she ever did back in the 80s and 90s

but she needs someone else to overlook her artistic projects and public image cuz that's where it's suffering

she probably made more money the past couple of yrs than she ever did back in the 80s and 90s

but she needs someone else to overlook her artistic projects and public image cuz that's where it's suffering

This. :thumbsup:

Yes. By his current strategy this business model won't survive in the long run. She needs someone who can balance the money with the imagery.

Yes. I agree with this. She needs two managers. One for business and one for creative content. :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

I think that she should fire him as her manager and but give him a good reference for the work he did on Confessions. Maybe Live Nation will hire him.

I hope this fire Guy madness ends soon. Do you guys really think Madonna has taken the backseat to her career and let's Guy make all the decisions? Maybe Madonna just doesn't want to do promo. Maybe she thought the superbowl was enough and only had a certain window of time in her calendar to go on a long tour. Maybe in her contract details with live nation it states she must tour by a certain time. Guy would never come out and tell us "Madonna doesn't want to do promo" if true or discuss any type of contract details with us. She's a business woman and touring is where the money is, Id rather see her on tour performing 20+ songs than 1 or 2 on a shitty tv show that may not make much difference in chart performance. Maybe the majority of the public isn't interested in her music? Her album is awesome and she wanted to make music that doesn't sound like anything on the radio and when you do that don't expect radio to play something that doesn't sound like the rest of the music on radio. I don't think it matters in most countries what single is next b/c radio won't play any of it, her music always seems to be ahead of it's time in a sense. I understand the frustration but you can't put all blame on Guy. In ten years if Guy isn't still her manager and we see her on every tv show performing and doing endless boring interviews with not much hope of a tour, we'll all be wishing Guy was back in the picture. End of ramble. :wacko:

Yes. I agree with this. She needs two managers. One for business and one for creative content. :thumbsup:

If he was good enough she wouldn't need two managers

I voted that he's doing a good job. People accuse him about the lack of promo but most likely this is Madonna's decision. In almost every aspect that can actually be controlled he's doing fine: superbowl was great, the tour is a success and will make millions, the album went to number one almost everywhere. And especially in the US sales may be low but at the end they will be respectable (just think how they would look if you subtract the redemptions). As about the lack of a hit single, well this is just something that you cannot control completely. In hindsight you may say that they should have done this or that but in reality the results would have been similar with another single or another manager.

I hope this fire Guy madness ends soon. Do you guys really think Madonna has taken the backseat to her career and let's Guy make all the decisions? Maybe Madonna just doesn't want to do promo. Maybe she thought the superbowl was enough and only had a certain window of time in her calendar to go on a long tour. Maybe in her contract details with live nation it states she must tour by a certain time. Guy would never come out and tell us "Madonna doesn't want to do promo" if true or discuss any type of contract details with us. She's a business woman and touring is where the money is, Id rather see her on tour performing 20+ songs than 1 or 2 on a shitty tv show that may not make much difference in chart performance. Maybe the majority of the public isn't interested in her music? Her album is awesome and she wanted to make music that doesn't sound like anything on the radio and when you do that don't expect radio to play something that doesn't sound like the rest of the music on radio. I don't think it matters in most countries what single is next b/c radio won't play any of it, her music always seems to be ahead of it's time in a sense. I understand the frustration but you can't put all blame on Guy. In ten years if Guy isn't still her manager and we see her on every tv show performing and doing endless boring interviews with not much hope of a tour, we'll all be wishing Guy was back in the picture. End of ramble. :wacko:

I'm with you. Madonna needs to fire her ideas on what constitutes a strong lead single, not her manager. I don't recall anyone saying he should be fired during the Confessions era. Seems like everything was Warner's fault when she was on Warner and things went wrong. Now that she is with someone else now it's Guy's fault. Sure, he may be partially to blame for the marketing campaign for this era, but Madonna could've done something had she wanted to. This career begins and ends with her. Maybe if this thing flops hard enough she'll wake the fuck up.

WTF is a manager 4 creative content :electropop:

That's not what a manager does...a manager books ur dates & takes care of business. The End.

I don't think the greedy pig should b fired. Madonna has had an incredible career & she should have gotten

2 this point over a decade ago. the fact that she didn't is just pure glory. Fuck radio & fuck sales.

There's only one thing she can do if she wants 2 appeal outside her still very large fanbase, given that

she is now a senior hooker,...is 2 just move on from the whole disco/pop slut thing, I'm not saying b Björk, cuz

I like her in almost any incarnation...but it is my impression that a lot of people who bought ROL & Music

can't relate 2 her music/image anymore. It's not even that they find her snatch display inappropriate but it's

just become tired 2 a lot of people.

:fag:

That's the only thing I can imagine that will benefit her career in the long run.

Of course in the end I want her 2 do whatever the fuck she wants.

That's not what a manager does...a manager books ur dates & takes care of business. The End.

I don't think the greedy pig should b fired. Madonna has had an incredible career & she should have gotten

2 this point over a decade ago. the fact that she didn't is just pure glory. Fuck radio & fuck sales.

There's only one thing she can do if she wants 2 appeal outside her still very large fanbase, given that

she is now a senior hooker,...is 2 just move on from the whole disco/pop slut thing, I'm not saying b Björk, cuz

I like her in almost any incarnation...but it is my impression that a lot of people who bought ROL & Music

can't relate 2 her music/image anymore. It's not even that they find her snatch display inappropriate but it's

That's the only thing I can imagine that will benefit her career in the long run.

good point. :thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

I voted that he's doing a good job. People accuse him about the lack of promo but most likely this is Madonna's decision. In almost every aspect that can actually be controlled he's doing fine

He convinced her to do the Superbowl and talked her out of that black Madonna thing. If he was really adamant about it he could have talked her out of releasing GMAYL and talked her into doing more promo. That's part of his job and he's done it well in the past but not this time.

Guest bluejean

100% agree.

As much as I love her stance against ageism and I have stated I fully support her hotting it up and flashing her bits its pretty obvious its turning alot of people off. The Ray of Light and Music eras had a maturity to them that this era and Hard Candy and even Confessions don't. Yes MDNA has some more mature pop on there but unfortunately only the people that bought the album actually know that. The problem with doing a "mixed bag" album is that image wise it's hard to package up so people know what they're getting.

NOT SURE... MADONNA likes him for he knows how and where to focus on bringing home the dough but as a consequence, screwing us fans (less promo, crazy release schedules)... In the end, which matters, the fans' interest or hers?

533050_10150786969630873_559555872_11732625_107340149_n.jpg