Tour Stage set-up

promise to try

That last 'Everythannng' :lmao:

Truly the lamest song she's opened with. Even she looked like she was going through the motions. That should have been the toilet/beer tent song in the third quarter.

I'll have to second that. But what dramatic tour-de-force song could she have opened with from Hard Candy? I'm seriously going through the tracklist and cannot think of a single song that has the gravitas required to open a Madonna show. Except for Voices, but it would've had to be completely reworked to be more exciting.

Guest Fluorine

I'll have to second that. But what dramatic tour-de-force song could she have opened with from Hard Candy? I'm seriously going through the tracklist and cannot think of a single song that has the gravitas required to open a Madonna show. Except for Voices, but it would've had to be completely reworked to be more exciting.

She could have come out of the gate with "4 Minutes." Not that it holds a candle to "Future Lovers" or "Express Yourself" as far as legendary openers go, but it would have got the crowd going more than "Candy Shop."

OMG am I the only one that thinks her performance here looks more like a video captured during rehearsal rather than from an actual show???

oh my god, now I remember what you mean with "everything" :drool:

I had goose pumps when I saw her live and heard this sound of "everythaaang" :crazy:

BUT, for me, may be the most worst performance of her was "the power of good-bye" in VH1 Fashion awards and MTV awards. Its one of my favorite songs but she better not sing it live. I would prefer a lypsinch of this song even :dramatic:

I think Give It 2 Me would have worked well as an opener. It's one of my favourite songs ever by her but I thought as the closing song it just didn't work. Thinking about it, Beat Goes On would have worked for me too as an opener.

4 Minutes would have worked well to finish the show in some remixed form given that the song is about running out of time. #

Is it wrong to say I didn't like Future Lovers as an opener either? I tend to like a show to start with a hit, not an album track. Visually it looked great but I'm not a huge fan of the song.

As openers go, Dress You Up for VT is still my favourite. That drum beat and then her shadow posing against the screen before it slowly rises gets me every time! Simple but effective.

I think Give It 2 Me would have worked well as an opener. It's one of my favourite songs ever by her but I thought as the closing song it just didn't work. Thinking about it, Beat Goes On would have worked for me too as an opener.

4 Minutes would have worked well to finish the show in some remixed form given that the song is about running out of time. #

Is it wrong to say I didn't like Future Lovers as an opener either? I tend to like a show to start with a hit, not an album track. Visually it looked great but I'm not a huge fan of the song.

As openers go, Dress You Up for VT is still my favourite. That drum beat and then her shadow posing against the screen before it slowly rises gets me every time! Simple but effective.

i agree with what you said about opening with a hit...it does seem to be a better move...like with VOGUE opening re-invention, i saw that show in New York and i thought the roof was gonna blow off the joint. the place was actually trembling...that said, i LOOOOOOOOOOVED Future Lovers as an opening too, but only cause i loved the song anyway, had i been a casual fan and not a nutcase fan, i would have been like what the hell is this?? but its still my fave opening of hers ever.

yeah i miss real stages... like DWT, TGS and BAT

Me too i miss that, some theatrical extravaganza! I know that screens and lights are modern and future, but well ... i still think about BAT and GS as magic

Guest groovyguy

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/backstage-pass-1.811987/madonna-arrives-on-long-island-1.3695417

Madonna arrives on Long Island

Wednesday May 2, 2012

Madonna has landed.

The Material Girl arrived at Nassau Coliseum this week to start rehearsals for her “MDNA Tour” using the elaborate stage set that will travel around the world with her and is expected to spend plenty of time in Uniondale before the tour launches in Tel Aviv on May 31.

Judging from photos of the closed rehearsals released on her website, the massive, triangle-shaped set includes two walkways for Madonna to wade into the crowd in the floor seats and an enclosed area where fans can get close to the stage. There will also be a huge three-part video screen that promoters have called the largest in the world.

Madonna has also assembled a large backing band of at least nine musicians this time out to introduce fans to her dance music opus “MDNA,” which debuted at No. 1, as well as reworked versions of her classics. According to numerous fan sites, Madonna plans to offer new versions of “Open Your Heart” and “Justify My Love” that she is still perfecting at the Coliseum.

Until this week, Madonna had been rehearsing in Manhattan with her dancers and band in a windowless room she calls “the dungeon,” where she has been learning routines, as well as learning to slackline, the acrobatic maneuvers on a tightrope-like cord that were part of her flashy Super Bowl Halftime Show. At recent appearances, Madonna has said she is bruised and cut from her slackline lessons.

While much of the Coliseum has been cleared out for Madonna, who has rented the building for six weeks, a little bit of Long Island flavor remains, as New York Islanders banners still hang over her practice area.

Though promoters announced last week that Madonna's tour start would be pushed back two days due to production issues, the North American leg of the tour is still set for Aug. 28 at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. She plays Yankee Stadium for the first time, with shows set for Sept. 6 and Sept. 8, and returns to Madison Square Garden Nov. 12. Currently, no Nassau Coliseum date has been set.

Guest Not4Pussies

Jamie King is working with Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias on their joint tour.

does that confirm no King for MDNA Tour?

i agree with what you said about opening with a hit...it does seem to be a better move...like with VOGUE opening re-invention, i saw that show in New York and i thought the roof was gonna blow off the joint. the place was actually trembling...that said, i LOOOOOOOOOOVED Future Lovers as an opening too, but only cause i loved the song anyway, had i been a casual fan and not a nutcase fan, i would have been like what the hell is this?? but its still my fave opening of hers ever.

You guys both bring up good points... Give it 2 me could've worked as an opener and a much more interesting version of 4 Minutes could've worked as a closer. Or maybe even Like A Prayer (the tour version).

You guys both bring up good points... Give it 2 me could've worked as an opener and a much more interesting version of 4 Minutes could've worked as a closer. Or maybe even Like A Prayer (the tour version).

i agree...although i didnt mind Candy Shop...give it to me would have been a better opener

I think the staging could look incredible if this huge screen being talked about turns out to be true, the use of video during the superbowl was so so good.

This is EVERYTHAAANNG

omg i can't stop rewinding and watching that last EVERYTHGAJODFIJTNGGGG

Guest Fukujima

:lmao: that one sounds so weird, it sounds almost ALIEN :scared:

the way she sings " candy shop " seconds before it's crowtastic :sassy:

I don't like large video screens during a performance. They tend to distract from the artist. Videos should complement a performance, not overwhelm it.

I always remember being amazed at the projections on the stage during WTG tour but you don't seem them on the video.

The thing is she spent 450 hours on sound check and she/music director /every living soul present thought that was O-K ?

The think is she spent 450 hours on sound check and she/music director /every living soul present thought that was O-K ?

See also 4 Minutes crow-tastic performance....

At time like EVERYTHAAAANNNG I do wonder whether she wore sound proof ear plugs when she was singing that song.