Your choice for 1st MDNA single

elijah

The album is more GMAYL than GB.

Doesn't make a difference. She gets played everywhere around the world on radio(if the song is great) pretty much except for the US which is normal. This would have sold the album with the hype especially with a great video. It's dark and something she's never done before. People look to Madonna to be different not safe like Turn up the radio or Give me all your Luvin.

Gang Bang is explosive. Different from everything on the radio right now.

Gang Bang... it would not have been a massive hit, but with an amazing video it would've left everyone like this :shock:

Do you think it still could be as the third single?

Do you think it still could be as the third single?

Nah, her chance to blow non-fans away with this album is long gone :lol:

Or are you asking if it still has a chance of being a single? If my predictions are correct, Turn Up the Radio seems like the safest choice. It'll most like be the single, I think.

I keep reading GANG BANG and Love Spent. Just because YOU love those songs, doesnt mean they would make great first singles...or singles at all for that matter.

(those are my two fav songs from the album FYI + Im addicted)

ANYWAY, a strong lead single (for mass audience airplay reasons) would have been TUTR

Not that I am adding much to this discussion but "Turn Up the Radio" by a country mile. Oh well, she's probably going to regret choosing "GMAYL" in a month's time.

None of them. I like the album a lot and think is one of the best that Madonna have released, but she clearly didn't have the magic inspiration to create a solid first single to appeal to the masses, like she did with Hung Up or Music or even 4 Minutes. GAYL and GGW are too weak and Turn Up the Radio sounds very good, but simply because it didn't flop. It's so simmilar to Solevig's 'Hello' that is almost embarassing. This album lacks a strong first single, just as it happened with the album 'Erotica' or would have happened with 'Music' if Madonna didn't have recorded that song in the last minute, or 'I'm Breathless' without Vogue.

Nah, her chance to blow non-fans away with this album is long gone :lol:

Or are you asking if it still has a chance of being a single? If my predictions are correct, Turn Up the Radio seems like the safest choice. It'll most like be the single, I think.

Yes I was asking if you thought it could still blow people away as the 3rd single. :)

I personally hope TUTR isn't the 3rd single, I hope she either goes I'm Addicted or I Don't Give A or maybe even Falling Free. TUTR is a nice album track but as you say its really safe and I reckon would get even get less attention than if another song were released.

None of them. I like the album a lot and think is one of the best that Madonna have released, but she clearly didn't have the magic inspiration to create a solid first single to appeal to the masses, like she did with Hung Up or Music or even 4 Minutes. GAYL and GGW are too weak and Turn Up the Radio sounds very good, but simply because it didn't flop. It's so simmilar to Solevig's 'Hello' that is almost embarassing. This album lacks a strong first single, just as it happened with the album 'Erotica' or would have happened with 'Music' if Madonna didn't have recorded that song in the last minute, or 'I'm Breathless' without Vogue.

I agree there isn't an anchor first single for the album.

1. Turn up the Radio

2. I'm a Sinner

3. Superstar

4. Gang Bang

"GMAYL" and "GGW" are arguably the two weakest songs on the album. I have been a Madonna loon since the 90s and I said just weeks ago -- right after "GGW" was released -- that I was ready to jump off the Madonna bandwagon. I was uninspired by the "Hard Candy" era and these two singles were, somehow, worse than anything in that era, and it was just too much for me. I thought she'd lost it.

Then, I decided to listen to the album leak. Holy F. Bitch cut a damn good album and has some good single material on here. Whoever told her that "GMAYL" and "GGW" were good singles must be canned.

TUTR seems to be the consensus and I agree. It's pretty "safe," but it's growing on me and I think it would have had the best chance at being a hit.

EDIT: Listening to "Superstar" right now, and even though it's probably my second or third least favorite song on the album, I'm pretty ambivalent and wouldn't have minded it as the lead single as much as I do GMAYL. I think it had the potential to do well on pop radio, and it has a cheerleader beat to it that could have worked just as well with the Super Bowl/cheerleader motif. But then TUTR should have been released in place of GGW. This album will easily go down as the Madonna album with the worst single choices.

Without the Superbowl, I would've picked I'm Addicted since it has the MDNA whisper parts - to drop the album's name.

:thumbsup:

or GANG BANGed!

"GMAYL" and "GGW" are arguably the two weakest songs on the album. I have been a Madonna loon since the 90s and I said just weeks ago -- right after "GGW" was released -- that I was ready to jump off the Madonna bandwagon. I was uninspired by the "Hard Candy" era and these two singles were, somehow, worse than anything in that era, and it was just too much for me. I thought she'd lost it.

Then, I decided to listen to the album leak. Holy F. Bitch cut a damn good album and has some good single material on here. Whoever told her that "GMAYL" and "GGW" were good singles must be canned.

bad single choices so far. hope madonna wasn't in on this. blame interscope/livenation/guy o'seary!