MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

Guest groovyguy

http://ultimatemadonna-xavier69.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-madonna-promo-interviews-on-french.html?m=1

New Madonna Promo Interviews on French Radio NRJ!

Monday, May 7, 2012

s_3228.jpg

Madonna has recently called French radio NRJ for a telephone interview that will be broadcasted in two 10-minute segments for different promo events.

NRJ Radio will broadcast the first part this Wednesday to promote the release of Madonna’s latest film W.E. in France.

Listeners will have to wait until May 30th, the day before the opening of the MDNA Tour, for the second half, in which Madonna will be talking about the MDNA album and the MDNA Tour.

Finally, starting May 31st, NRJ launches a huge contest in France that will continue throughout June where MDNA Tour tickets for the European dates will be up for grabs!

Guest groovyguy

Vote for Madonna in the PopSugar 100!

Live from the US - PopSugar just launched their 6th Annual PopSugar100!

This year were facing off some of the top celebs out there to determine who had the bigger year. By playing you can help Madonna make it to the top!

The number of PopSugar readers that select Madonna will determine her placement in the final PopSugar100, so she needs our votes!

Entering is easy - just visit popsugar.com to find out more - and by playing the PopSugar100, you can be entered for the chance to win $2,500!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/ask-billboard-madonna-the-material-woman-1006980352.story#/column/chartbeat/ask-billboard-madonna-the-material-woman-1006980352.story

THE MATERIAL GIRL (MATERIAL WOMAN?)

One more batch of reader e-mails about Madonna and her new album, "MDNA," continuing a spirited discussion started by Chart Beat reader Gus Tornatore of Glen Head, New York, who offered a mixed review of the set three weeks ago.

Up first, two opposing views regarding Madonna's age.

Hi Gary!

I think on the topic currently under discussion, most opinions I've read so far in these "Ask Billboard" columns reveal a denial about one thing. My problem is not about Madonna being a 53-year-old woman. The problem is that a 53-year-old woman depicts herself as a "girl" in the lyrics of the songs so far promoted as singles.

Just imagine how weird that is for younger people listening to those lyrics! Even if the tunes are catchy, youngsters and older people alike simply cannot identify themselves with these songs for the above-mentioned reason. Only die-hard Madonna fans with a bit of a Peter Pan complex eventually could.

The only way these songs would work (maybe) is in video through a cartoon character depicting a younger Madonna. I like Madonna, but I think at this point in her career she would be a little more careful about crafting appropriate song lyrics.

And, for the record, I firmly believe that age is not a definitive limitation. Cher was also 53 when she scored the biggest hit of her career. Check out the lyrics of "Believe" and, considering its universal appeal, you'll probably understand what I mean about Madonna's lyrics.

All the best!

Fernando Jerez

Havana, Cuba

Hi Gary,

Madonna, and most of her fans, long ago stopped being surprised at the "not-good-enough" reaction that the world always seems to have about her new releases. In a world where the cultural norm is to build someone up and then delight in their inevitable fall, it must be unbearable to those who relish celebrity failures that Madonna remains successful 30 years on.

What's absolutely ridiculous, however, is to read the reviews of "MDNA" that say Madonna is "too old" to make this type of music, or worse: that she's no longer leading the charge with new sounds and styles and that she has instead succumbed to following trends rather than setting them. Madonna has spent 30 years tirelessly and joyfully pushing underground dance music to the forefront of the pop music scene so that everyone can enjoy it. Now that it's unquestionably all the rage, she's being told she should move on to something else rather than enjoy the fruits of her considerable labors? Is she supposed to put out a heavy metal album?

What they're really peeved at is that Madonna continues to make fresh new music while still remaining firmly atop the heap rather than being consigned to releasing albums of covers or standards like other artists her age. Madonna has had at least one No. 1 Dance/Club Play Songs hit in 25 of the past 30 years. And, she has had at least two No. 1s in 14 of those 30 years (hello, 2012!) Let's be clear, with 42 No. 1s (and counting), Madonna is the once and future queen of dance music and the club scene and is never going away. Telling her to move on is akin to asking why Steven Spielberg is still directing blockbuster movies after all these years instead of trying something new.

Amid a pop music landscape that has seen the untimely and unfortunate end of both Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston, I am baffled that rather than a resounding, "thank goodness we've still got Madonna," we're getting, "eh, she's still doing this?" But, as her detractors often forget, Madonna doesn't really care whether you like her or not ... as long as you keep talking about her.

Ultimately, she still comes out right where she wants to be, and where she belongs: on top.

Chad Kennedy

New York, New York

Hi Fernando and Chad,

I can see both sides. Ultimately, however, I think that pop music is largely its own universe where age is secondary to songs themselves. The Backstreet Boys are still Boys and New Kids on the Block are still Kids. The latter group did grow up to be NKOTB but ultimately regressed to being "kids" again, realizing that their fans - who've grown up with them - don't seem to mind. If anything, we feel younger buying into the image that our favorite acts haven't aged. If they haven't, neither have we.

Overall, Madonna's music has become a brand: uptempo pop/dance accompanied by youthful lyrics (generally about dance itself). It's worked very well for Madonna, so she's not looking to fix what clearly isn't broken. Of course we all know that Madonna isn't in her early 20s anymore, but it's comforting to suspend belief and hear her let loose as a girl gone wild, isn't it? I suppose it all depends on how much poetic license you're willing to give an artist.

I'm pretty sure, after all, that Eric Clapton never shot a sheriff, Kelly Clarkson's life wouldn't suck without me or that Justin Bieber doesn't want to be every girl's boyfriend (not when Selena Gomez loves him like a love song).

What's also worth remembering is that while "MDNA" singles "Give Me All Your Luvin' " and "Girl Gone Wild" depict Madonna as the evergreen vogue-ing clubgoer that's become her trademark, other tracks on the album reveal the surely more real-life 53-year-old Madonna. "I F***ed Up," especially, appears to recount the breakup of her marriage to Guy Ritchie and features a lyric that the 1983 Madonna likely wouldn't have written: "You want to know how to make God laugh? Tell him your plans."

Music is show business and Madonna has never shown stage fright in releasing commercial singles, some higher in shock value than others, while still writing songs that present a more personal side. Three decades in with Madonna still topping the Billboard 200, most fans seem just fine with that path her career continues to take.

The Material Girl is likely to stay a "girl" a little while longer.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7045

GMAYL Nicky Romero Remix on For DJs Only Compilation

MDNA - Even if collectors didn't manage to get a Remixes maxi CD for "Give Me All Your Luvin'", Universal Music Italy brought another version of the first single from Madonna's MDNA album out of the digital-only realm.

Since last month the Party Rock Remix feat LMFAO and the Laidback Luke mixes are not the only alternative version of GMAYL to make it to commercial CD, as the Nicky Romero Remix is now available on "For DJs Only 02/2012!, a 2 CD collection of club anthems from Universal Music - and the only compilation to feature a MDNA remix so far.

for-djs-only.jpg

or DJs Only 02/2012 is already available in the stores, retailing at 15,00 €. Completist collectors, are you ready?

Among the other artists featured on the compilation are Rihanna, Pitbull feat. Chris Brown, Bob Sinclar, Benny Benassi, Laidback Luke and Florence & The Machine. Click the Full Article link below for the full tracklisting.

CD 1

1. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso - Calling - Original Instrumental Mix

2. Madonna Featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. - Give Me All Your Luvin' - Nicky Romero Remix

3. Michel Teló - Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Rudeejay Remix

4. Tacabro - Tacatà

5. Rihanna - You Da One - Dave Aude Club

6. Pitbull Featuring Chris Brown - International Love - Jump Smokers Extended Mix

7. Bob Sinclar feat. Pitbull, Dragonfly & Fatman Scoop - Rock The Boat

8. Dj Antoine feat. The Beat Shakers - Ma Chérie 9. Alexandra Stan Ft Carlprit - 1.000.000

10. Jovanotti - Megamix (Jovanotti Vs Benny Benassi)

CD 2

1. Benny Benassi Vs Marshall Jefferson - Move Your Body – 2012 Version

2. Erick Morillo & Eddie Thoneick feat. Skin - If This Ain't Love

3. Pnau - The Truth - Chris Lake Remix

4. Bingo Players - Mode

5. Laidback Luke, Arno Cost & Norman Doray - Trilogy

6. Starkillers & Nadia Ali - Keep It Coming - Basto Remix

7. Dirty South & Those Usual Suspects Feat. Erik Hecht - Walking Alone

8. Jack Holiday & Mike Candys - Children - Original Higher Level Mix

9. D.T. & Micline Feat. Toby Orme - Electronic Love

10. Florence + The Machine - Shake It Out - Benny Benassi Remix

Guest groovyguy

Mariah sponsored Roger Friedman's site, and yet @forbes still doesn't realize the cheap & gossip-oriented journalism? http://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/506724-roger-friedman-fox-news-mariah-careys-manager-give-madonna-negative-spin.html

thought it was important for fans here to know why Roger Friedman from Fox News bashes Madonna so much (as well as Tommy Mottola). Apparently, his personal email account has been hacked and this is going around different record companies. I thought it was BS at first, but the personal email accounts are real and the dates seem real, although I didn’t have a lot of time to check everything. Here are some of the juicy details:

Sent: Monday, January 1, 2006 9:02 AM

To: rogerfriedman@att.net

Cc:

Subject: Happy New Year!

Roger:

Can you believe I’m up this early working. I’m going to be using this email address for our correspondence not my other address. also excuse my spelling and other grammar errors but it’s hard to type on this thing. anyway I hope you are planning to attend the O’Malley event tonight. there will be tons of surprises!

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2006 10:40 AM

To: B.M.[tvmaverick2005@yahoo.com]

Cc:

Subject: RE: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Benny—

As you can tell by my absence, I wasn’t able to make the O’Malley thing because I’m just getting over that virus—you know, the one everybody in NYC has. Mariah was superb on Dick Clark’s special. I just hope she didn’t freeze to death. Anyhow, I’m getting ready to write that hit piece on Tommy Mottola. What should I put in the article, besides the Casablanca thing? I have to submit this tomorrow evening, so please get back to me as soon as possible.

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2006 11:38 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: Happy New Year!

Roger:

A couple of things you may want to mention-stress mariah’s recent success as well as usher giving him up as well. You may want to mention Thalia (as if anybody knows who she is). Other than that just rip him to shreds!

Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 7:32 AM

Cc:

Subject: Grammy Awards

Roger:

looking forward to seeing you tonight at the show.

I hear she is going to win at least five awards tonight and one is in a major category. you know she wanted to open the show but the aneroxic whore will instead.

Mariah was upset at first but i told her not to worry since nobody (in the industry at least) cares about the madonna peformance in the first place. Are you going to our celebration party afterwards at Burkles?

Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 8:09 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Grammy Awards

Hey there Benny-

You know ahead of time what awards she’s winning — that’s a shocker! By the way, of course I’m going to the party afterwards! I have to do a couple interviews after the show but will certainly go there afterwards. By the way, Madonna is singing “Strung Up” with the Gorillas. They are— get this —dancing with her on stage. I wonder if she is giving them Kaballah water?

Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 9:30 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: Grammy Awards

Thanks for everything Roger, see you later tonight. I hope we’ll be celebrating a complete victory!

Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2006 4:59 PM

To: roger.friedman@att.net

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Grammy Awards

Rog:

nice seeing you at burkle’s.

we are upset but not too upset. I mean, who thought a year ago she would even be nominated.

I hope you received my message about an item page 6 of the NYP is running tomorrow – it’s about Mariah sulking herself in a deep depression in her dressing room after the show. Can you please run a retraction in your column tomorrow.

things are already depressing enough for her today-but this item will make her really angry.

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 7:54 AM

Cc:

Subject: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column

Hey there Benny-

You looked sharp in Armani! I hope you read my column this morning where I made the correction. Tell Mariah I said she was absolutely fabulous and stole the show. Did you notice how Vadge—that’s the name they call her now on the Velvet Rope—left the show early. I don’t know one person who cared about her performance except the f****g ancient Kurt Loder. I saw him backstage but nobody seemed to be talking to him. Perhaps he and Martha Quinn—you remember, the slut dj of the eighties who slept with every man in the world to get her job—should just fall of the face of this earth!

Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2006 1:19 PM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column

Rog:

thanks for clearing that up in your column.

speaking of the Velvet Rope, it seems like you have become quite a star there. people keep posting items pretending they are you and they keep getting deleted.

it’s quite hilarious really. that site has gone downhill so fast but I read it just for the laughs

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 1:45 PM

Cc:

Subject RE: RE: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column

Benny-

The lady who runs that site—Julie—is a total c***. You know—I used to post there but the site became a waste of time. They constantly harp on me and other professional journalists because they are just so perfect. One of my friends posts there so he keeps me up to date with what is being said about me. I am going to contact a Fox lawyer sooner or later because the stuff they write about me is full of slander.

Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 1:19 PM

Cc:

Subject: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Rog:

we are getting ready to announce Mariah’s tour dates. they will probably be announced on may 15 (but mariah wants to do it the day after vadge’s tour kicks off).

anyhow, i’m hoping you can go the opening night in miami – August 5 at the American Arlines Arena and possibly review it in your monday morning’s column. if not, she will be playing aug 23 at the garden – but we expect ticket sales to sell really well and have booked aug 24 as well. Tell me which date or dates you want to attend.

Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 2:04 PM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Benny—

I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks. I’ll attend one of the dates for sure. Speaking of concerts, did you check out my review of Madonna at Coachella this morning? I wasn’t there— and wouldn’t go there if you paid me to —but had a lot to say about it, including the fact—well maybe not— that she was booed off stage. Someone from Warner Bros. called me about it this morning and was really pissed. I was laughing my ass off!

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 7:45 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Rog:

We are going to announce the dates in a couple hours. is it possible that you can be there for the press conference? Here are the dats-some may not be in the initial announcement

8/5 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena

8/7 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum

8/9 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena

8/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center

8/13 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

8/15 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre

8/17 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Trump Taj Mahal

8/21 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden

8/23 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

8/25 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

8/27 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena

8/29 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

9/1 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena

9/3 - Hershey, PA @ Giant Center

9/5 - Verona, NY @ Turning Stone Event Center

9/7 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center

9/9 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills

9/11 - Chicago, IL @ United Center

9/14 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

9/16 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center

9/18 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center

9/21 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

9/23 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place

9/25 - Seattle, WA @ KeyArena at Seattle Center

9/27 - Sacramento, CA @ ARCO Arena

9/30 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena

10/2 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena

10/4 - San Diego, CA @ ipayOne Center at the Sports Arena

10/6 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

10/8 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond

10/10 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

we are going to add more dates when these sell out. by the way, I hear Vadge is getting some pretty nasty reviews for her opening in LA last night.

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 11:41 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Benny-

I am going to try to make Mariah’s opening in Miami. Even if I can’t, just tell me what’s in the show and I’ll write a review of it the next day. But I’m going to try my best. I will definitely be there for all her MSG dates.

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:45 AM

Cc:

Subject: Vadge Strikes Again

Rog:

I’m sure you heard by now that vadge has been laughing at mariahs ticket sales. I can’t be 100 percent sure but this is what the daily news is reporting. it sounds like something madonna would do. Can u do something about this?

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:15 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Vadge Strikes Again

Benny-

I’m going to do a “review” of Madonna’s concert this week at MSG. Madonna’s sheeple refused to give me free tickets last time she toured, so I paid for the tickets myself just so I could trash the show. I think I can get in this time for free though. Be sure to read the details in my column this week.

Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:13 PM

Cc:

Subject: Very Serious Matter Here!

Benny-

I didn’t attend the show but did a little negative vibe type thingy in my column this morning. However, I have to be honest with you regarding something I’m very upset about: Somehow, our conversation about my upcoming review got into the media. There was a Chicago radio station—B96 I think—that gossiped how Mariah was upset about her poor ticket sales and hired a gossip columnist to plant in a negative piece about Madonna’s tour. This was last week—before my column even appeared. Dan called me about it this morning and I cooled things down. I’ve received several emails about this as well.

Benny, it is very important that our conversations stay between us. I’m not accusing you of telling anybody or doing anything, but stuff like this can get me in a lot of trouble. You know that I love working with both you and Mariah, but I love my job more than anything.

Because of the suspicion, I cannot do a review of Mariah’s concert dates. I will be more than happy to attend and party with you two, but my discussion of her tour will be very minimal. I hope you understand.

Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:41 PM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Very Serious Matter Here!:

We definitely need to talk. I’m going to give you a call in about 15 minuts.

I understand your positon on this but have to stress that I did NOT say anything to anybody. I agree that it would look bad if you do a review but don’t worry. I talked to Helen at MSNBC -she is going to do an article around the time the tour kicks off.

Mariah sponsored Roger Friedman's site, and yet @forbes still doesn't realize the cheap & gossip-oriented journalism? http://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/506724-roger-friedman-fox-news-mariah-careys-manager-give-madonna-negative-spin.html

thought it was important for fans here to know why Roger Friedman from Fox News bashes Madonna so much (as well as Tommy Mottola). Apparently, his personal email account has been hacked and this is going around different record companies. I thought it was BS at first, but the personal email accounts are real and the dates seem real, although I didn’t have a lot of time to check everything. Here are some of the juicy details:

Sent: Monday, January 1, 2006 9:02 AM

Cc:

Subject: Happy New Year!

Roger:

Can you believe I’m up this early working. I’m going to be using this email address for our correspondence not my other address. also excuse my spelling and other grammar errors but it’s hard to type on this thing. anyway I hope you are planning to attend the O’Malley event tonight. there will be tons of surprises!

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2006 10:40 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Benny—

As you can tell by my absence, I wasn’t able to make the O’Malley thing because I’m just getting over that virus—you know, the one everybody in NYC has. Mariah was superb on Dick Clark’s special. I just hope she didn’t freeze to death. Anyhow, I’m getting ready to write that hit piece on Tommy Mottola. What should I put in the article, besides the Casablanca thing? I have to submit this tomorrow evening, so please get back to me as soon as possible.

Sent: Monday, January 2, 2006 11:38 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: Happy New Year!

Roger:

A couple of things you may want to mention-stress mariah’s recent success as well as usher giving him up as well. You may want to mention Thalia (as if anybody knows who she is). Other than that just rip him to shreds!

Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 7:32 AM

Cc:

Subject: Grammy Awards

Roger:

looking forward to seeing you tonight at the show.

I hear she is going to win at least five awards tonight and one is in a major category. you know she wanted to open the show but the aneroxic whore will instead.

Mariah was upset at first but i told her not to worry since nobody (in the industry at least) cares about the madonna peformance in the first place. Are you going to our celebration party afterwards at Burkles?

Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 8:09 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Grammy Awards

Hey there Benny-

You know ahead of time what awards she’s winning — that’s a shocker! By the way, of course I’m going to the party afterwards! I have to do a couple interviews after the show but will certainly go there afterwards. By the way, Madonna is singing “Strung Up” with the Gorillas. They are— get this —dancing with her on stage. I wonder if she is giving them Kaballah water?

Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2006 9:30 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: Grammy Awards

Thanks for everything Roger, see you later tonight. I hope we’ll be celebrating a complete victory!

Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2006 4:59 PM

To: roger.friedman@att.net

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Grammy Awards

Rog:

nice seeing you at burkle’s.

we are upset but not too upset. I mean, who thought a year ago she would even be nominated.

I hope you received my message about an item page 6 of the NYP is running tomorrow – it’s about Mariah sulking herself in a deep depression in her dressing room after the show. Can you please run a retraction in your column tomorrow.

things are already depressing enough for her today-but this item will make her really angry.

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 7:54 AM

Cc:

Subject: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column

Hey there Benny-

You looked sharp in Armani! I hope you read my column this morning where I made the correction. Tell Mariah I said she was absolutely fabulous and stole the show. Did you notice how Vadge—that’s the name they call her now on the Velvet Rope—left the show early. I don’t know one person who cared about her performance except the f****g ancient Kurt Loder. I saw him backstage but nobody seemed to be talking to him. Perhaps he and Martha Quinn—you remember, the slut dj of the eighties who slept with every man in the world to get her job—should just fall of the face of this earth!

Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2006 1:19 PM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column

Rog:

thanks for clearing that up in your column.

speaking of the Velvet Rope, it seems like you have become quite a star there. people keep posting items pretending they are you and they keep getting deleted.

it’s quite hilarious really. that site has gone downhill so fast but I read it just for the laughs

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 1:45 PM

Cc:

Subject RE: RE: Corrected Story in This Morning’s Column

Benny-

The lady who runs that site—Julie—is a total c***. You know—I used to post there but the site became a waste of time. They constantly harp on me and other professional journalists because they are just so perfect. One of my friends posts there so he keeps me up to date with what is being said about me. I am going to contact a Fox lawyer sooner or later because the stuff they write about me is full of slander.

Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 1:19 PM

Cc:

Subject: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Rog:

we are getting ready to announce Mariah’s tour dates. they will probably be announced on may 15 (but mariah wants to do it the day after vadge’s tour kicks off).

anyhow, i’m hoping you can go the opening night in miami – August 5 at the American Arlines Arena and possibly review it in your monday morning’s column. if not, she will be playing aug 23 at the garden – but we expect ticket sales to sell really well and have booked aug 24 as well. Tell me which date or dates you want to attend.

Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 2:04 PM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Benny—

I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks. I’ll attend one of the dates for sure. Speaking of concerts, did you check out my review of Madonna at Coachella this morning? I wasn’t there— and wouldn’t go there if you paid me to —but had a lot to say about it, including the fact—well maybe not— that she was booed off stage. Someone from Warner Bros. called me about it this morning and was really pissed. I was laughing my ass off!

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 7:45 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Rog:

We are going to announce the dates in a couple hours. is it possible that you can be there for the press conference? Here are the dats-some may not be in the initial announcement

8/5 - Miami, FL @ American Airlines Arena

8/7 - Tampa, FL @ St. Pete Times Forum

8/9 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena

8/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center

8/13 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

8/15 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre

8/17 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Trump Taj Mahal

8/21 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden

8/23 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

8/25 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

8/27 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena

8/29 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

9/1 - Albany, NY @ Pepsi Arena

9/3 - Hershey, PA @ Giant Center

9/5 - Verona, NY @ Turning Stone Event Center

9/7 - Washington, DC @ Verizon Center

9/9 - Auburn Hills, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills

9/11 - Chicago, IL @ United Center

9/14 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center

9/16 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center

9/18 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center

9/21 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place

9/23 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place

9/25 - Seattle, WA @ KeyArena at Seattle Center

9/27 - Sacramento, CA @ ARCO Arena

9/30 - Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena

10/2 - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Arena

10/4 - San Diego, CA @ ipayOne Center at the Sports Arena

10/6 - Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center

10/8 - Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond

10/10 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center

we are going to add more dates when these sell out. by the way, I hear Vadge is getting some pretty nasty reviews for her opening in LA last night.

Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 11:41 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Mariah’s Upcoming Tour

Benny-

I am going to try to make Mariah’s opening in Miami. Even if I can’t, just tell me what’s in the show and I’ll write a review of it the next day. But I’m going to try my best. I will definitely be there for all her MSG dates.

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:45 AM

Cc:

Subject: Vadge Strikes Again

Rog:

I’m sure you heard by now that vadge has been laughing at mariahs ticket sales. I can’t be 100 percent sure but this is what the daily news is reporting. it sounds like something madonna would do. Can u do something about this?

Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:15 AM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Vadge Strikes Again

Benny-

I’m going to do a “review” of Madonna’s concert this week at MSG. Madonna’s sheeple refused to give me free tickets last time she toured, so I paid for the tickets myself just so I could trash the show. I think I can get in this time for free though. Be sure to read the details in my column this week.

Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:13 PM

Cc:

Subject: Very Serious Matter Here!

Benny-

I didn’t attend the show but did a little negative vibe type thingy in my column this morning. However, I have to be honest with you regarding something I’m very upset about: Somehow, our conversation about my upcoming review got into the media. There was a Chicago radio station—B96 I think—that gossiped how Mariah was upset about her poor ticket sales and hired a gossip columnist to plant in a negative piece about Madonna’s tour. This was last week—before my column even appeared. Dan called me about it this morning and I cooled things down. I’ve received several emails about this as well.

Benny, it is very important that our conversations stay between us. I’m not accusing you of telling anybody or doing anything, but stuff like this can get me in a lot of trouble. You know that I love working with both you and Mariah, but I love my job more than anything.

Because of the suspicion, I cannot do a review of Mariah’s concert dates. I will be more than happy to attend and party with you two, but my discussion of her tour will be very minimal. I hope you understand.

Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:41 PM

Cc:

Subject: RE: Very Serious Matter Here!:

We definitely need to talk. I’m going to give you a call in about 15 minuts.

I understand your positon on this but have to stress that I did NOT say anything to anybody. I agree that it would look bad if you do a review but don’t worry. I talked to Helen at MSNBC -she is going to do an article around the time the tour kicks off.

I can't believe how sick these individuals are. Just trying to trash M at one of her most artistically, commercially and critically fruitful moments in her career, as 2006 was, is in itself pathetic and an evident sign of dumbness :lmao:

Guest groovyguy

Madonna - MDNA Album Release Party

Music video by Madonna performing MDNA Album Release Party. © 2012 Boy Toy, Inc. Exclusively licensed to Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. Exclusively licensed to Interscope Records

Published on May 10, 2012 by MADONNAVEVO

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/05/07/new-madonna-promo-interviews-on-french-radio-nrj/

New Madonna Promo Interviews on French Radio NRJ

UPDATE

NRJ made a last-minute decision and they’ve decided to broadcast the full interview on Thursday May 31st from 20h to 21h.

—-----------------------------------------

Madonna has recently called French radio NRJ for a telephone interview that will be broadcasted in two 10-minute segments for different promo events.

NRJ Radio will broadcast the first part this Wednesday to promote the release of Madonna’s latest film W.E. in France.

Listeners will have to wait until May 30th, the day before the opening of the MDNA Tour, for the second half, in which Madonna will be talking about the MDNA album and the MDNA Tour.

Finally, starting May 31st, NRJ launches a huge contest in France that will continue throughout June where MDNA Tour tickets for the European dates will be up for grabs!

Sorry for the OT but I can proudly say that I've always hated Mariah :lol:

Me too! And i'm so glad to know this stuff so I can hate her without remorse.

Guest groovyguy

This might explain the lack of album promo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/madonnas-2012-income-revenue-500-million_n_1507571.html

Madonna's 2012 Income: Pop Star's Empire Poised To Earn $500 Million

Posted: 05/10/2012 6:15 pm

Madonna isn't called a "Material Girl" for nothing. Here's a breakdown of what she's poised to pocket in 2012 -- it could be as much as $500 million in one year alone.

- $300 million from her MDNA World Tour. Live Nation announced $240 Million in ticket sales before a South American leg was added, which could earn an additional $40 million-plus. An Australian leg of the tour is being announced shortly.

- Industry insiders say $75 million in tour merchandise sales is not unlikely. This has always been a huge moneymaker for Madonna, who will have an even bigger spread of merchandise available at her upcoming shows.

- $60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.

- Insiders report that Madonna made $10 million from her recent deal with Smirnoff. The company has been hyping her tour with TV spots and has just released a special "Madonna" edition bottle of their vodka.

- The Queen of Pop is hoping to rake in $10 million in TV and DVD worldwide rights for the broadcast of her upcoming tour.

- Retail experts say Madonna will earn $5 million in 2012 from her "Material Girl" clothing line and upcoming Macy's lingerie line.

It's good to be Queen!

This might explain the lack of album promo.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/madonnas-2012-income-revenue-500-million_n_1507571.html

Madonna's 2012 Income: Pop Star's Empire Poised To Earn $500 Million

Posted: 05/10/2012 6:15 pm

Madonna isn't called a "Material Girl" for nothing. Here's a breakdown of what she's poised to pocket in 2012 -- it could be as much as $500 million in one year alone.

- $300 million from her MDNA World Tour. Live Nation announced $240 Million in ticket sales before a South American leg was added, which could earn an additional $40 million-plus. An Australian leg of the tour is being announced shortly.

- Industry insiders say $75 million in tour merchandise sales is not unlikely. This has always been a huge moneymaker for Madonna, who will have an even bigger spread of merchandise available at her upcoming shows.

- $60 million is expected in sales for her new perfume, Truth or Dare, according to Women's Wear Daily.

- Insiders report that Madonna made $10 million from her recent deal with Smirnoff. The company has been hyping her tour with TV spots and has just released a special "Madonna" edition bottle of their vodka.

- The Queen of Pop is hoping to rake in $10 million in TV and DVD worldwide rights for the broadcast of her upcoming tour.

- Retail experts say Madonna will earn $5 million in 2012 from her "Material Girl" clothing line and upcoming Macy's lingerie line.

It's good to be Queen!

:chuckle::thumbsup:

oooohhh MDNA only sold 100k copies in the UK so far. It's at 40 in the midweeks chart oooohh she's sealing the end of her career oooooohhhhh boooh :jerkoff:

Where 100k copies of MDNA = $1m for Madonna (vs $500m)

And anyway as if the younger acts were selling better than she is, all the whining in that thread is just ridiculous and pointless. MDNA top 10 best-selling record year-end worldwide, after 30 years (and no promo) :thumbsup:

oooohhh MDNA only sold 100k copies in the UK so far. It's at 40 in the midweeks chart oooohh she's sealing the end of her career oooooohhhhh boooh :jerkoff:

And anyway as if the younger acts were selling better than she is, all the whining in that thread is just ridiculous and pointless. MDNA top 10 best-selling record year-end worldwide, after 30 years (and no promo) :thumbsup:

:lmao::thumbsup:

Firstly, there's been a fair amount of promo stateside with interviews, twitter, Facebook etc so the general no promo thing is bull. The promo just didn't travel.

The point of the UK chart thread is that simple things could have been done by the record company to make it the album a much bigger hit and that's where we like to discuss it.

Why have you got such a big problem with that? If you don't like it, just go to another thread and talk about her dresses.

Firstly, there's been a fair amount of promo stateside with interviews, twitter, Facebook etc so the general no promo thing is bull. The promo just didn't travel.

The point of the UK chart thread is that simple things could have been done by the record company to make it the album a much bigger hit and that's where we like to discuss it.

Why have you got such a big problem with that? If you don't like it, just go to another thread and talk about her dresses.

I have no problem with you being disappointed by the lack of album promotion internationally (or in general anyway) and no problem at all with people desperate because MDNA only sold 90k so far in the UK, but you must admit that articles and datas of the kind Groovy posted from the Huffington Post make those who are questioning whether Madonna is out of touch with reality seem to be the ones out of touch with reality.

Not sure if this has been talked about, but does anyone remember after Give Me All Your Luvin' demo leaked, there was talk about a song titled Bang Bang? People assumed it was a working title for Gang Bang, but it's an entirely different song. Not a demo, it was finished. But it became the base for Gang Bang:

'Bang Bang' is not a demo of Gang Bang by any means.

The bat out of hell, fish out of water lyric is there, but thats it. Two totally different songs.

it is okay but compared to gang bang its terrible. it sounds totally like a martin solveig production and the lyrics were already posted and shared. Think 'Revolver' with a Solveig sound. Again, think Dragonette/Martin Solveig. That's how it sounds. Nothing like the version we got on MDNA. Her vocals are identical to the awful ones on, 'Revolver'

Bang Bang turned into Gang Bang. Several of the same lyrics. Obvious. Finished song for sure, but still morphed into Gang Bang.

Again, it is not a demo of, 'Gang Bang', but a finished song which morphed into another song using several of the lyrics, 'Gang Bang'.

Just thought i'd share.

Well at least it's still No.2 in Bangkok Thailand right above Beyonce 4 and a few spots above Born This Way and J.Lo's Love. I mean WTF at this chart ! LOL

img2893zk.jpg

Those other albums are past their hot dates already. Surprise they're still selling.

Those other albums are past their hot dates already. Surprise they're still selling.

That's my point. I think they just randomly picked cds out of a hat and placed them on shelves. It's quite funny.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit

Times are good.

Interesting times.

Got 3 pages emails and tomorro gonna get back EVERY EVERY one. Especially Vidia and Nadira

(we made history in HK)

Cargo 5 i KNOW now,

after doubts and agony,,,

has got the goods.

for CERTAIN.

and MDNA tracks . . . am thrilled . . . tho havt say,,,, saw how coulda been better from day 1. . .

Not hindsight,

But whatever.

Fate plays as fate deals

http://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit

Times are good.

Interesting times.

Got 3 pages emails and tomorro gonna get back EVERY EVERY one. Especially Vidia and Nadira

(we made history in HK)

Cargo 5 i KNOW now,

after doubts and agony,,,

has got the goods.

for CERTAIN.

and MDNA tracks . . . am thrilled . . . tho havt say,,,, saw how coulda been better from day 1. . .

Not hindsight,

But whatever.

Fate plays as fate deals

What does that mean? :confused:

What does that mean? :confused:

"The MDNA tracks... I'm thrilled... though I have to say.... I saw how they could've been better from day 1."

He's proud, but not proud enough apparently.