MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

Actually your POINT was that she's in touch and that's simply not true. As for the rest of the blabbing I really have no idea what you're talking about as usual.

Huh? All I ever really post about are Madonna, her songs, and albums. Didn't realize I was viewed as some crazy, blathering poster on this forum. I don't think I usually post more than a few sentences at a time.

I said PHOTOSHOOTS as props!

Firstly, it's ridiculous to say they're just props. It's still promoting smoking. That's what advetising is. Secondly, the shot you just posted where she's in the hat on the right, looks like a candid shot from behind the scenes that was used on one of her record covers.

Thirdly:

Madonna-smoking-newsmediaimages.jpg

But let's face it, most parents are 'do as I say, not as I do'. I'm really not bothered about Lourdes smoking and know Madonna has to do the parental thing but it's still funny to watch her try and justify her actions.

Oh please, kids do shit like this all the time. to blame madonna - and ignore carlos completely, by the way - is absolutely ridiculous. do people automatically blame the parents of all kids who ever tried smoking? because you'd have to blame your own parents, grandparents, and later probably yourself.

jonski just to clear it up: that photo is from the w.e location on a boat, edward smoked non-stop in the movie, and so did a few other actors - you can even see that that cigarette hasn't been lit on.

When I see scenarios like this, I do believe that it's hard to be Madonna sometimes.

the first thing people do is go on a desperate mission to find that one pic where she holds a cigarette. you really have nothing better to do?

Huh? All I ever really post about are Madonna, her songs, and albums. Didn't realize I was viewed as some crazy, blathering poster on this forum. I don't think I usually post more than a few sentences at a time.

No, there's nothing wrong with your posts, it's just GimmeSomeMo trolling on the forum as usual. She strikes out randomly at people, ignore her.

Your posts are fine.

Guest groovyguy

https://twitter.com/#!/guyoseary

MDNA album reached number 1 on the charts in 37 countries worldwide.. THANKS to the fans.. and 40 markets on iTunes... #FACT

Gossip writer out to attack today with full disregard. MDNA U.S. tour is 97 percent SOLD OUT with many months to go THANKS to the fans #FACT

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6975&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Guy Oseary sets the #FACTs straight

TweetsIn a rather unusual move, Madonna's manager Guy Oseary stepped out to set a few things straight about the numbers of MDNA and the MDNA Tour ticket sales.

This is what he posted from his Twitter:

MDNA album reached number 1 on the charts in 37 countries worldwide.. THANKS to the fans.. and 40 markets on iTunes... #FACT

Gossip writer out to attack today with full disregard. MDNA U.S. tour is 97 percent SOLD OUT with many months to go THANKS to the fans #FACT

While Guy didn't address a specific article directly, chances are that the controversy also sparkled from this piece that appeared on the New York Post overnight.

------------------------------------------

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/not_sweet_music_B9JAzGPgUF4sMDw2BMB6QP?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Business

New York Post

Not sweet music

Live Nation feels heat as Madonna’s album lags

By CLAIRE ATKINSON

Heading into the critical summer season, concert promoter Live Nation is feeling the heat following a dramatic drop in album sales for Madonna, one of its biggest headliners.

The Material Girl’s latest album, “MDNA,” fell to 15th place, selling just 19,000 copies in its third week after debuting at No. 1, with 359,000 copies in its first official week, according to Nielsen Soundscan figures.

The first-week figure was goosed by a promotion that included the album at no additional cost with the purchase of concert tickets, as well as a deal offered by Amazon that bundled the physical and digital versions of the album for $5.

The summer concert season is off toaslowstart for touring giant LiveNation with sales of Madge’s “MDNA” album sagging and interest in her world tour less than scintillating.

WireImage

The summer concert season is off toaslowstart for touring giant LiveNation with sales of Madge’s “MDNA” album sagging and interest in her world tour less than scintillating.

The sharp fall-off in album sales is a setback for Live Nation as it seeks to deliver on the $120 million deal it inked with Madonna in 2007. The so-called 360 deal — which encompasses albums, touring and merchandise — was hailed as revolutionary, but it has come back to haunt Live Nation.

Securing strong album sales is critical to moving concert tickets.

Madonna’s 66-date global tour kicks off in Tel Aviv, Israel, on May 29, and arrives in Philadelphia on Aug. 28. Her concert pricing is aggressive, with the most expensive tickets costing more than $300 a pop.

“Sales were brisk for the first few days and then they tapered off,” said a source close to the tour. “It doesn’t mean she won’t sell out, but it may take longer than they expected.”

Madonna’s website reports that four tour dates in North America are sold out.

“The word is that ticket sales have been good in North America, but the question about Europe is whether ticket prices are too high,” Gary Bongiovanni, who heads concert publication Pollstar, told The Post.

One source added that Madonna’s long-time manager and business partner, Guy Oseary, is putting pressure on Live Nation to boost ticket sales.

Live Nation’s reported cut of ticket sales is only 10 percent, while Madonna reaps the other 90 percent. Meanwhile, the concert promoter agreed to pay Madonna in the ballpark of $30 million to $40 million in cash and stock for each album as part of their deal, which includes a three-album commitment.

“MDNA” was released through Universal Music’s Interscope label under an agreement with Live Nation.

Live Nation only makes money on the album if it sells more than 15 million copies — a tough feat in today’s shrinking music business.

While Live Nation’s stock is up 3.3 percent year-to-date, it’s off 11.8 percent over the past year. The company has lost money in five of the last eight quarters while sales were down in each of the past two quarters.

Although Live Nation’s 360 deal with Madonna was done by prior management, this concert season is crucial for CEO Michael Rapino, who has been on the job since 2010 and needs to start bringing in the revenue.

Oh please, kids do shit like this all the time. to blame madonna - and ignore carlos completely, by the way - is absolutely ridiculous. do people automatically blame the parents of all kids who ever tried smoking? because you'd have to blame your own parents, grandparents, and later probably yourself.

jonski just to clear it up: that photo is from the w.e location on a boat, edward smoked non-stop in the movie, and so did a few other actors - you can even see that that cigarette hasn't been lit on.

When I see scenarios like this, I do believe that it's hard to be Madonna sometimes.

the first thing people do is go on a desperate mission to find that one pic where she holds a cigarette. you really have nothing better to do?

Who the hell are you? Screw you with your attitude. It wasn't a 'desperate mission'. 10 seconds on google. That's it. Patronising bitch.

As I pointed out, the other pic looked genuine enough.

As for Guy's comments, was it only 37 countries it got to No.1 in? I thought it was more.

Guest groovyguy

As for Guy's comments, was it only 37 countries it got to No.1 in? I thought it was more.

The Superbowl Pre-order sales broke iTunes record by reaching #1 in more than 50 iTunes charts around the world. As far as official album charts - including overall album and international album charts - are concerned, we only know it's more than 30 countries.

Guest groovyguy

Luv your posts. Your posts show so much luv and support for Madonna.

The Superbowl Pre-order sales broke iTunes record by reaching #1 in more than 50 iTunes charts around the world. As far as official album charts - including overall album and international album charts - are concerned, we only know it's more than 30 countries.

I wonder if the 40#1 on iTunes was a typing error?

Who the hell are you? Screw you with your attitude. It wasn't a 'desperate mission'. 10 seconds on google. That's it. Patronising bitch.

LMAO :lmao: Cool, I've always wanted to be a bitch :dramatic:

christopher-ciccon-catfight.jpg

Guest groovyguy

I wonder if the 40#1 on iTunes was a typing error?

When the album was released, it was #1 on iTunes charts in 40 countries.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46946179/ns/today-entertainment/t/madonna-keeps-pop-crown-mdna-tops-billboard-chart/

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/04/madonna-s-mdna-debuts-number-one-billboard-album-chart-lionel-richie-starts-number-t

"MDNA has also been an international success for Madonna. Reuters reports that Interscope Records, Madonna’s new label, said that it was the number one album on iTunes charts in 40 countries."

your posts are true blue :clap: keep on keeping on on!

Omg did I just miss a fight on this topic regarding Madonna holding a cigarette on the set of W.E.? :lmao:

Jeez, I spend too much time waiting for more discussions in the W.E. forum...should've been here all along.

:doh:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/not_sweet_music_B9JAzGPgUF4sMDw2BMB6QP?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Business

The sharp fall-off in album sales is a setback for Live Nation as it seeks to deliver on the $120 million deal it inked with Madonna in 2007. The so-called 360 deal — which encompasses albums, touring and merchandise — was hailed as revolutionary, but it has come back to haunt Live Nation.

:manson: What a crock of SHIT.

Madonna will EASILY make that money back based on her tour ticket sales alone. She already has that head start with two of the legs of Sticky & Sweet under her belt.

I swear, the NY Post really needs to just get fucked.

Guest groovyguy

Madonna will EASILY make that money back based on her tour ticket sales alone. She already has that head start with two of the legs of Sticky & Sweet under her belt.

Madonna's 2012 Tour 'On Track' To Be Among 'Top 10 of All Time': Live Nation's Arthur Fogel | LINK

The NY Post need to sit down and have a cup of Shut The Fuck Up !

tumblrkw55nvay3y1qz4rgg.jpg

I'm so sick of these negative articles! :thumbsdown: This is why I wish Madonna had made a real effort to promote the album aggressively.The album would be doing better and the 'haters' wouldn't have any ammunition.

The way I see it : she promoted Hard Candy quite aggressively. Those stupid interviews in candy shops,mag covers , Perez Hilton banter , TV appearances and promo tours which didn't translate into sales. I remember her being everywhere .

Yeah I wished she had promoted MDNA more aggressively since it's a better record than Hard candy (imo) but what can you do? Maybe she is trying a new tactic.

I shall wait for the tour and see.

someone posted on twitter that she MAYBE open the billboard music awards with girl gone wild

Well, she'll get a decent 7 to 8 million tuning in to her performance most likely. I hope this is true. Though, I have a feeling it will probably just further propel Adele and Justin Beiber if they show up or perform, more than Madonna.

Probably just a wishful rumor.