Love Spent preview

Supernatural

If anything, WO knows how to produce her vocals. Masterpiece and this have the best Madonna vocals in AGES.

yes it's amazing how he produces her vocals. There when she says "wondering where..." I like how he left "wondering" in a low key and "where" is very high.

For those coming late to the Love Spent party.. :thumbsup:

It's been in my head ever since.

And just to think tomorrow we get another clip! I hope its the same quality! And more WO!

Do we have an idea what the new clip will be? Piglet Perez didn't say. :wacko:

If you look past the bubbly music, it's actually a pretty sad song.

I totally agree. After reading all the reviews of the album, I am thinking that divorce from Guy really affected her more than she let on in the press. I am not necessarily happy that she was hurt by that whole thing, but it is wonderful to hear her emotional take on this whole thing (finally). The songwriting is at least three dimensional on some of these songs.

Can't wait to hear the acoustic version that William Orbit is teasing us about. Where do we think that will turn up? On tour?

Guest groovyguy

William Orbit

Just wait till you hear the acoustic version of 'Love Spent'! Ooops, was I supposed to mention that?

LOVE SPENT > TURN UP THE RADIO > GIVE ME ALL YOUR LOVE > I'M ADDICTED > MASTERPIECE > GIRLS GONE WILD (i think... it's hard to tell and for sure depends on what my mood is. and the clips are not in full, i get that). wow, we've heard pieces of 6 songs already! i didn't realize that.

LOVE SPENT > TURN UP THE RADIO > GIVE ME ALL YOUR LOVE > I'M ADDICTED > MASTERPIECE > GIRLS GONE WILD (i think... it's hard to tell and for sure depends on what my mood is. and the clips are not in full, i get that). wow, we've heard pieces of 6 songs already! i didn't realize that.

7 with "B-day Song"

I didn't realize just how many either. I'm definitely going to stop listening to the clips now. I (for one) do want surprises when I hear it.

Guest Xanthium

You know, at first I was gonna avoid all clips but after a bunch of disappointments with this era and fearing the worst with the album, I'm gonna listen to as much as I can. I need to be reassured that the album is good and I'm Addicted and Love Spent have shown me so far that it is. I need to fall in love with Madonna all over again. Plus it'll leak soon so it's not like I have to wait much longer.

I didn't realize just how either. I'm definitely going to stop listening to the clips now. I (for one) do want surprises when I hear it.

Me too! I think listening to an album in its entirety for the first time can be an incredible experience, and I don't want it ruined by already knowing more than half the songs. For me, when I listen the first time, hearing a song I already know is boring, and it almost interrupts the flow, making the song almost sound out of place because it's familiar. So I'm done! No more leaks!

Me too! I think listening to an album in its entirety for the first time can be an incredible experience, and I don't want it ruined by already knowing more than half the songs. For me, when I listen the first time, hearing a song I already know is boring, and it almost interrupts the flow, making the song almost sound out of place because it's familiar. So I'm done! No more leaks!

Yep.

Saying that, we still haven't heard "Love Spent" and "I'm Addicted" as a whole, so i'm sure there will be a few good surprises during those tracks.

The one i'm most excited to hear is "Gang Bang". :dramatic:

7 with "B-day Song"

I didn't realize just how many either. I'm definitely going to stop listening to the clips now. I (for one) do want surprises when I hear it.

ahh! i forgot b-day song. i'm totally gonna jam out to that when i hear it. i'm actually excited 4 it. i thought it sounded super fun! i think with all the killing m-gangsta is doing on this album those fluffy songs wont actually come off as too fluffy. we'll see. *Insert "look at that fluffy unicorn* giff. (i will learn how).

Yep.

Saying that, we still haven't heard "Love Spent" and "I'm Addicted" as a whole, so i'm sure there will be a few good surprises during those tracks.

The one i'm most excited to hear is "Gang Bang". :dramatic:

Me too! Especially after reading Madonnarama's review - the ending lyric - yeah!!!

In various reviews the song has been called a ballad, one of "the slower songs," mid tempo, and electro pop I believe. What do you all think? Could this be called a ballad by any stretch? I should just listen, but I won't!

Included in an album of dance/club music, I can see this called a ballad.

what we're hearing is a build up which explodes in2 a pretty serious chorus. i'm gonna guess that it starts out kinda like darren hayes' "casey" (more on the acoustics maybe? (enter: banjo) and then turns into what we are hearing here (someone said it was the ending of the song? might've been william who said that?)

i think she could pretty much go for a bathroom break in the middle of 'love spent' and i'd still love it. i love the others but these 58 seconds or whatever are getting serious play on my headset!

I agree but (for me) listening to those clips are worse than waiting for the album leak.

We're being tormented to death whether we listen to them or not. :lmao:

The vocals sound like it has alot of pitch correction to me. Not that I'm saying it sounds bad, I'm just surprised everyone is praising the vocals :lol:

Thank God there is. That was missing on GGW! I'd rather enjoy the produced vocals than the crow bleeding my ears!

Speak for yourself... I actually like everything I've heard from this era. And let's face it none of these new leaks scream single material, despite them being good.

I'm with you 100% :thumbsup: Even now that they're liking the latest leaks, some of the vocal ones who hated the first two singles are still reminding us how much they hate them and still trying to convince us that they're right ;)

Guest groovyguy

what we're hearing is a build up which explodes in2 a pretty serious chorus. i'm gonna guess that it starts out kinda like darren hayes' "casey" (more on the acoustics maybe? (enter: banjo) and then turns into what we are hearing here (someone said it was the ending of the song? might've been william who said that?)

According to Neil McCormick, "Gypsy string loop and brief, treated Spaghetti Western banjo flourishes introduce an almost organic feel to a very synthetic, stylised album. A pop song about love and money (topics the Material Girl frequently conflates) it weaves elegant electro patterns and builds to a big, throbbing chorus."

do people dislike Give Me All Your Love or do they just give it hell for not performing well? i love it and live in the US so i figure it performed just fine.... so i dunno how i would feel if i were in the UK. it's a big flip-flop right now. it's been the other way around for a while now

TONS of track by track reviews by the listening party today

The Guardian:

Love Spent

Back come the guitars, this time working around processed strings, a pretty melody and lyrics about wanting to replace money in a man's affections. "Hold me like your money … Spend your love on me," Madonna sings over four-to-the-floor beats and a properly ravey middle eight. There's an amusing moment when she deadpans: "Frankly, if my name was Benjamin, we wouldn't be in this mess we're in."

:bruised: WTF

This is really growing on me. I still don't like the effects on her voice, but it's really pretty and I actually like the lyrics (although I'm guessing it's because they were written by someone else!).