Love Spent preview

Supernatural

When I say single I'm talking about song quality not hit potential. If Madonna's days of hit songs (at least in the US) are most likely over, wouldn't it be better to release a single that is melodic, powerful, and heartfelt (Love Spent) rather than something that is generic, vapid, and soulless (Girl Gone WIld)? Because if the singles are going to end up doing the same chart-wise (i.e. they're IGNORED) then why not pick the one that would garner praise and respect? Because with Love Spent she would still be respected as an artist and with GGW she ends up looking desperate.

I read somewhere that they released GMAYL and GGW as "bait" to attract unware little kids. :manson: Those singles weren't meant to please her ancient fans. :|

Don’t try to take me like you took your money

Take me In your arms until your last breath

I want you to hold me like you hold your money

Hold me in your arms until there’s nothing left

This is GLORIOUS :dramatic: Her voice in this part is :dramatic:

From what I've heard sofar I think I can truly say I regret she didnt do the whole album with Orbit: both Masterpiece and Love Spent are miles better than the "dj" songs (GMAYL, IA), although I love GGW!!!

See this is why when ppl like myself (and MANY others) were declaring the first two singles as crap, it was unfair that we were being labeled as haters/downers. 'I'm Addicted' and "Love Spent" are soooo much better and now we mostly agree. When you demand better product, you get better product! I'm excited for this album again. Let's hope the video and tour measures up.. cuz I KNOW Madonna still has it in her. And for the kind of money she'll be making, she owes that kind of quality to her buying public.

See this is why when ppl like myself (and MANY others) were declaring the first two singles as crap, it was unfair that we were being labeled as haters/downers. 'I'm Addicted' and "Love Spent" are soooo much better and now we mostly agree. When you demand better product, you get better product! I'm excited for this album again. Let's hope the video and tour measures up.. cuz I KNOW Madonna still has it in her. And for the kind of money she'll be making, she owes that kind of quality to her buying public.

Speak for yourself... I actually like everything I've heard from this era. And let's face it none of these new leaks scream single material, despite them being good.

Speak for yourself... I actually like everything I've heard from this era. And let's face it none of these new leaks scream single material, despite them being good.

I was speaking for myself, and referenced others who DIDN'T like the first 2 singles. I've seen enough of your posts to know that you didn't fit into that category (Not that I was thinking of you while posting). Anyway, my post clearly distinguished 2 ways of thought — those who didn't like everything and those who did. I'll agree the two new snippets aren't single material. Why is this forum rather hostile? lol I think it's a Lady Reductive/ Little Monsters factor. A lot of M fans — NOT ALL — have been fighting w/ the monsters and now M fans are getting pretty snippy w/ each other. Can we try and be a little friendlier here? I've only had this acct for a month and am quite frankly ready to move on from this site. Take a deep breath before responding bc I don't mean any disrespect (I really do think we're all on the same team here). It's just that you've responded to me several times and each time it hasn't been, well, particularly pleasant. I honestly don't mean any disrespect.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

BUT from this clip, it doesn't sound like single material, really.

'i'm addicted'? yes. please. but this seems like a nice little album number. i do hope she busts it out live.

i really like the melody, and the production...i can't wait to hear the full song. it sounds interesting.

ok. i love this! i do. my personal opinion is that her and orbit were made for each other and if i had my way, they would get trapped in one of his bubble sounds and float blissfully up to heaven forever together for the rest of all time... :inlove:

:lol:

But they do have a magical chemistry together...I love this :inlove:

I knew it. Another snippet, another killer track. The part where she sings in a high key is incredible, when was the last time she did that? I don't know if there will be a big hit from MDNA but I'm sure that the album itself will be a smash.

"so far away, so far away..."

I read somewhere that they released GMAYL and GGW as "bait" to attract unware little kids. :manson: Those singles weren't meant to please her ancient fans. :|

WRONG! You can consider me one of her "ANCIENT FANS" and I love both GMAYL and GGW. GGW the best. Don't assume just because you don't like the song, the majority of her older fans don't either.

Keep in mind, what you consider may be a much better song isn't always true of the majority. I recognize this is my own opinion, but I'm pretty sure "Love Spent" and "I'm Addicted" would never work as radio singles. I'm not saying they are bad songs. I'm just saying, radio isn't going to play songs like these.

"Love Spent"... luvin' what I'm hearing in the clip.

Keep in mind, what you consider may be a much better song isn't always true of the majority. I recognize this is my own opinion, but I'm pretty sure "Love Spent" and "I'm Addicted" would never work as radio singles. I'm not saying they are bad songs. I'm just saying, radio aren't going to play songs like these.

I agree.These songs are fantastic but I don't think they would work as singles.

I was speaking for myself, and referenced others who DIDN'T like the first 2 singles. I've seen enough of your posts to know that you didn't fit into that category (Not that I was thinking of you while posting). Anyway, my post clearly distinguished 2 ways of thought — those who didn't like everything and those who did. I'll agree the two new snippets aren't single material. Why is this forum rather hostile? lol I think it's a Lady Reductive/ Little Monsters factor. A lot of M fans — NOT ALL — have been fighting w/ the monsters and now M fans are getting pretty snippy w/ each other. Can we try and be a little friendlier here? I've only had this acct for a month and am quite frankly ready to move on from this site. Take a deep breath before responding bc I don't mean any disrespect (I really do think we're all on the same team here). It's just that you've responded to me several times and each time it hasn't been, well, particularly pleasant. I honestly don't mean any disrespect.

The reason I said that is because it sounded as though you were saying that "we all agree" that the two leaks are better than any of the full songs we've heard. I guess I misunderstood. Sry.

ok i'm gonna gush... in a few of these songs i get a hint that madonna's voice is back. i dunno if that makes sense to anyone but it's something that's been missing for a while. for sure throughout hard candy (though not exactly all of it). i'm not saying i didn't like the other voice, but there's like a sped up version of madonna or something, possibly to add youthfulness to her voice? i think maybe they're laying a little bit off of that? an example of the high voice would be maybe 'revolver' but then a hint of the old voice when she says "do ya wanna die happy?" am i making sense? lol sorry, if not.

WRONG! You can consider me one of her "ANCIENT FANS" and I love both GMAYL and GGW. GGW the best. Don't assume just because you don't like the song, the majority of her older fans don't either.

Keep in mind, what you consider may be a much better song isn't always true of the majority. I recognize this is my own opinion, but I'm pretty sure "Love Spent" and "I'm Addicted" would never work as radio singles. I'm not saying they are bad songs. I'm just saying, radio isn't going to play songs like these.

"Love Spent"... luvin' what I'm hearing in the clip.

talking about opinions, i think the opposite even if i don't consider GGW and GMAYL crap. i know it's only a snippet but Love Spent seems gorgeous and single deserving...

Agree! Both Masterpiece and Love Spent sound amazing! Hey, Madonna, you should marry Orbit now!:-)

From what I've heard sofar I think I can truly say I regret she didnt do the whole album with Orbit: both Masterpiece and Love Spent are miles better than the "dj" songs (GMAYL, IA), although I love GGW!!!

It gets better with each listen. I am not saying it would be a good single but it just feels like a '100% Madonna song'..the melody, the way she sings. The last time I felt that was during Confessions and a little bit on Masterpiece. Not on Hard Candy, not on Celebration, not on Revolver and not on the first two singles. Now don't jump on me, just expressing the feeling I got when I listened to it. Can't wait for tomorrow's leak.