The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

There are REAL transactions made between Universal, Madonna's management and The Voice to have her at least perfomrm on the english and french editions (from someone who works at Universal in Paris. All the decisions come from the US and Madonna's management (GUY O and M) not Universal. It's very weird that she would take breaks from touring to be on tv shows and i don't know when The Voice ends its run this season as i don't watch this show.

Wait what? So she's doing the show? I thought Guy said no promotion! Don't make me have to sit through The Voice to see Marge :lol:

guyoseary Guy Oseary

@KBraga4 we don't have any tv currently scheduled.. will keep you posted

guyoseary Guy Oseary

@RobinMadonna there is no time for promo tour.. We are in full on tour mode.. Need to get it ll together.. working on other ideas..

I'm sure Interscope Records are thrilled. :confused:

Guest bluejean

It's not surprising she's not doing promo or those mini concerts considering the tour starts 2 months after the album release. And really, what do those promo shows achieve? Almost everything in them ends up being in the tour, does anyone really watch them in retrospect? It's much better to have the actual tour start sooner.

Guest bluejean

I'm sure Interscope Records are thrilled. :confused:

Well how much money are they investing in this album anyway? I thought they were just distributing it?

Maybe including the CD with the tour is part of the deal, so Interscope are guarenteed a profit?

Guest Not4Pussies

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@russur hey! we are still going to do things.. just not a promo tour.. don't think so traditionally.. :)

Well how much money are they investing in this album anyway? I thought they were just distributing it?

Maybe including the CD with the tour is part of the deal, so Interscope are guarenteed a profit?

I think the Interscope deal is $1 million per album.Madonna is a Live Nation recording artist.Interscope just handles the distribution,right? I could be wrong.

It's not surprising she's not doing promo or those mini concerts considering the tour starts 2 months after the album release. And really, what do those promo shows achieve? Almost everything in them ends up being in the tour, does anyone really watch them in retrospect? It's much better to have the actual tour start sooner.

I just think they're being very quiet until the album is actually launched. We know there are some magazine covers due and the second single looks set to really launch around the album release date. No point in doing much promo. I think they're keeping quiet and doing tour stuff whilst they can.

I just heard this:

The full album will be made available for streaming on Cubomusica on 21 March, 2 days before its German/Italian/Irish release and 5 days before its international release!

http://www.cubomusica.it/

That means it's only 2 more weeks from today untill we hear the full album!!!

Guest Xanthium

I just heard this:

The full album will be made available for streaming on Cubomusica on 21 March, 2 days before its German/Italian/Irish release and 5 days before its international release!

YAY!

I just heard this:

Can't wait! :D

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6657

More MDNA worldwide previews: Germany

Leading German newspaper Bild joins the list of the media outlets worldwide that will snippets from the MDNA album as a teaser for the upcoming March 26 release.

Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 6 PM CET snippets from selected tracks will be available via www.bild.de.

6 PM CET

12:00:00 Noon EST

05:00:00 p.m. GMT

9:00:00 a.m. US/Pacific

Leading German newspaper Bild joins the list of the media outlets worldwide that will snippets from the MDNA album as a teaser for the upcoming March 26 release.

Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 6 PM CET snippets from selected tracks will be available via www.bild.de.

Leading German newspaper Bild..

That's so sad if it is true. It's such tabloid crap. Oh well :lol:

Very nice! Thanks as always..

Guest bluejean

Why does Guy interact with fans on twitter? I can't see the point. They should just do what they do without justifying every move.

Guest bluejean

I just heard this:

Cool. I wonder what the quality will be like. I'm thinking I will wait it out rather than listen to the album with talking over it like American Life had.

My friend is at Abbey Road studios in London right now, at an official album preview. Some people have such fun jobs! I will write again if / when he posts news on Facebook.

Guest groovyguy

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@russur hey! we are still going to do things.. just not a promo tour.. don't think so traditionally.. :)

@hoetbh I actually have a different favorite song every other day... Today its "superstar"... yesterday it was "best friend"... tomorrow????

Guest Xanthium

When they say promo tour what do the mean exactly? Like when she did the Koko gig for COADF or does he mean performances on tv shows?

6 PM CET

12:00:00 Noon EST

05:00:00 p.m. GMT

9:00:00 a.m. US/Pacific

starting next week I assume?

When they say promo tour what do the mean exactly? Like when she did the Koko gig for COADF or does he mean performances on tv shows?

Yeah how vague can he be? And this "don't think traditional" thing, do

they think posting snippets on Perez's website it somehow cutting edge

and revolutionary.

019-waiting-skeleton-on-bench1.jpg

That is priceless!

Yeah how vague can he be? And this "don't think traditional" thing, do

they think posting snippets on Perez's website it somehow cutting edge

and revolutionary.

Yeah. I bet they sold a song and it will appear in a mainstream commercial.

My friend is at Abbey Road studios in London right now, at an official album preview. Some people have such fun jobs! I will write again if / when he posts news on Facebook.

So his thoughts are:

It's a strong album. Very much aimed at the clubs again - kinda Confessions Pt 2, but in a good way. Will be on a lot of gym iPods. Lots of heavy dirty bass beats ("Gang Bang" and "I'm Addicted") and a lovely William Orbit track with lush strings "Falling Free". The extra tracks on the deluxe version are good as well. On one listen I'm really liking it. Roll on March 26th!

Maybe when he says don't be so traditional he means....

Thy will do a secret private online stream of a promo tour where you pay a few dollars and you can stream it on your computer connected to your HD TV! Plenty of artists have started doing that recently, that's how I saw PJ Harvey in London and Florence in the Machine in London as well...just a thought!

Leading German newspaper Bild..

That's so sad if it is true. It's such tabloid crap. Oh well :lol:

- Bild is tabloid in style :kiss2:

- It is the best-selling newspaper outside Japan :asian:

- has the sixth-largest circulation worldwide :fag:

- 4 000 000 pieces of newspaper per day :queenbitch:

so..do you still think its a bad thing to promote yourself???