The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

Yes, thanks for posting the video of Martin. His comment about the snare drum and her changing the levels (and marking the console :lol: ) remind me of those comments from Dean and Dan (of DSquared) about creating costumes for the DWT... how meticulous she is down to the details -- about changing something in the tailoring of a piece of clothing, or calculating how high she could lift her leg based on the weight of the fabric, etc. -- and so she insisted on them changing something back that they changed, thinking it would go unnoticed by her. Wrong! I love that she's so detail-oriented.

I posted this in another thread (the William Orbit LUV thread) but I'm going to post it here, too, since groovyguy so kindly posted the link to that Flick interview with Orbit...

Here's a close paraphrase of what William Orbit says in the interview about the unique qualities of Madonna's voice:

"Having a unique voice in a world of singers -- you know, crowded market! There aren't many singers in the world who the sound of their voice, the sound of their phrasing, is uniquely them... and Madonna is definitely right at the front of them. To get technical for a minute -- because I study these things -- her modulation is threefold. She has a modulation of volume (tremulando), she has a modulation of frequency (vibrato), and she has a modulation of tone (equalization). It's very complex, and she has a huge expressiveness about her voice. I mean, even the way she breathes is absolutely -- and it's passionate, there's a passion there. It's why the fans love her so much. ... There's so much to her voice that is so special. It's easy to forget that... because the songs are so good, the production's so good, the presentation live is so good -- everything's so good that you don't really focus on that [the voice], but it's a really important part of why I like working with Madonna."

Guest groovyguy

Red FM | RedFM ‏ @iloveredfm

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia http://www.red.fm/

Apart from interviews wit Madonna @FiqrieIsNowRed also has a share of 50K tonite on THE EDGE 7-10pm! Which hour? U gotta listen to Red!

Guest groovyguy

https://twitter.com/#!/FiqrieIsNowRed

Fiqrie ‏ @FiqrieIsNowRed

I'll give 5 u Madonna points if u can guess the answer!!! (not that u can redeem anything off it) :-p @MadonnaNation http://pic.twitter.com/LB3mTH1e

View photo

AolM7xkCEAApDJ1.jpg

6h Fiqrie Fiqrie ‏ @FiqrieIsNowRed

We r da 1st station in Malaysia givin out MDNA! Her interview awaits wit @FiqrieIsNowRed on THE EDGE 9pm TONITE!!!! @iloveredfm

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/smirnoff-offer-facebook-fans-access-120000606.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire -03/22/12)- The Smirnoff Co. has announced that they are offering 'The Smirnoff "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album' to Madonna fans. The surefire collector's album will be available to consumers exclusively through the Smirnoff US Facebook page. The Smirnoff "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album features seven remixed tracks from Madonna's new album, "MDNA." Both albums are scheduled to be released on March 26th. The "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album showcases DJ sensations Kid Capri & Just Blaze, from Smirnoff's Master of the Mix program and never heard before versions of new tracks including "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Masterpiece." This is the latest element of Smirnoff's multifaceted partnership with Madonna and Live Nation Entertainment.

Smirnoff's exciting offer to fans enables them to purchase the "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album by 'liking' their US Facebook page (facebook.com/SmirnoffUS) and placing their order for $3.50. The simultaneous March 26th distribution of the remixed downloads and the release of "MDNA" on March 26th enables Smirnoff fans to be the first to hear the unique compilation.

Simon Burch, Global Brand Director for The Smirnoff Co., commented, "It is a testament to Madonna's phenomenal performance and album production that these tracks can be remixed whilst retaining their musical integrity and broad appeal. It is exciting to be giving our fans the first chance to hear these incredible tracks in an expertly produced compilation album."

"We are delighted that Madonna and Live Nation Entertainment's collaboration with Smirnoff gives us the chance to share extraordinary original content with fans, and provide them with new and exciting ways to experience Madonna's music," said Christopher Swope, Senior Vice President, Strategic Alliances & Innovation, Live Nation Network.

The Smirnoff "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album is part of a multi-faceted program between Madonna, her partner Live Nation, and Diageo, the parent company of The Smirnoff Co.

The Smirnoff Co. believes in careful consumption and responsible nightlife behavior.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/smirnoff-offer-facebook-fans-access-120000606.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire -03/22/12)- The Smirnoff Co. has announced that they are offering 'The Smirnoff "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album' to Madonna fans. The surefire collector's album will be available to consumers exclusively through the Smirnoff US Facebook page. The Smirnoff "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album features seven remixed tracks from Madonna's new album, "MDNA." Both albums are scheduled to be released on March 26th. The "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album showcases DJ sensations Kid Capri & Just Blaze, from Smirnoff's Master of the Mix program and never heard before versions of new tracks including "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Masterpiece." This is the latest element of Smirnoff's multifaceted partnership with Madonna and Live Nation Entertainment.

Smirnoff's exciting offer to fans enables them to purchase the "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album by 'liking' their US Facebook page (facebook.com/SmirnoffUS) and placing their order for $3.50. The simultaneous March 26th distribution of the remixed downloads and the release of "MDNA" on March 26th enables Smirnoff fans to be the first to hear the unique compilation.

Simon Burch, Global Brand Director for The Smirnoff Co., commented, "It is a testament to Madonna's phenomenal performance and album production that these tracks can be remixed whilst retaining their musical integrity and broad appeal. It is exciting to be giving our fans the first chance to hear these incredible tracks in an expertly produced compilation album."

"We are delighted that Madonna and Live Nation Entertainment's collaboration with Smirnoff gives us the chance to share extraordinary original content with fans, and provide them with new and exciting ways to experience Madonna's music," said Christopher Swope, Senior Vice President, Strategic Alliances & Innovation, Live Nation Network.

The Smirnoff "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album is part of a multi-faceted program between Madonna, her partner Live Nation, and Diageo, the parent company of The Smirnoff Co.

The Smirnoff Co. believes in careful consumption and responsible nightlife behavior.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Guest groovyguy

Smirnoff to Offer Facebook Fans Access to Exclusive Madonna "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album Available to Download on March 26th

http://www.facebook.com/smirnoffus?sk=wall

Smirnoff US

Like” this if you can’t wait to get a special edition Madonna album exclusively from Smirnoff US!

The Smirnoff "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album features seven remixed tracks from Madonna's new album, "MDNA."

The "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album showcases DJ sensations Kid Capri & Just Blaze, from Smirnoff's Master of the Mix program and never heard before versions of new tracks including "Give Me All Your Luvin'" and "Masterpiece."

Smirnoff's exciting offer to fans enables them to purchase the "MDNA" Nightlife Edition Remix Album by 'liking' their US Facebook page and placing their order for $3.50.

The simultaneous March 26th distribution of the remixed downloads and the release of "MDNA" on March 26th enables Smirnoff fans to be the first to hear the unique compilation.

TN-28583_MDNANIGHTLIFEEDITIONREMIXALBUM.pdf.jpg

Guest groovyguy

After you "like" their page,how do you get the remix album? Where/how can I order it?

I believe they will inform you via Facebook when the remix album is available for download on March 26th.

vast improvement on the HC booklet but then a steaming pile of shit would be an improvement

I still, to this day, can't believe how shit that booklet was.

I posted this in another thread (the William Orbit LUV thread) but I'm going to post it here, too, since groovyguy so kindly posted the link to that Flick interview with Orbit...

Here's a close paraphrase of what William Orbit says in the interview about the unique qualities of Madonna's voice:

This is possibly one of the more important quotes ever said about her. It will be ignored, as there are so many including some fans who cannot admit that her voice is amazing, but SO awesome to hear WO praising her voice from a technical standpoint! I love this!!!!!

Guest groovyguy

http://www.chicagoshopping.com/experts/thingstodo/chishop-chicago-shopping-news-march-22-20120321,0,6218727.story

Material Girl madness: The ultimate pop survivor is back on the scene in a big way. Celebrate the release of Madonna's new album, "MDNA," at Kit Kat Lounge & Supper Club this Sunday, March 25. From 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., performer Madam X will portray the Material Girl during Kit Kat's famous brunch service, featuring bottomless morning cocktails for $10 with the purchase of an entree. Diva Sunny DeeLite will then don the blond wig from 5:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. Madge-themed merchandise will be raffled off throughout the day, including two tickets to Madonna's upcoming Chicago concert, and her music and movies will provide the "Borderline" inspired backdrop.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6771

MDNA hits the stores!

Live From Asia - The release date for Madonna's MDNA in Singapore is March 22 and therefore the lucky fans from the beautiful South-East Asian city-state are the first in the world to get their copies of the new album in the stores today.

Australia will follow shortly thanks to the Time Zone advance from GMT, and tomorrow it will be the turn of several European countries including Germany, Ireland and The Netherlands.

Are you ready for MDNA?

mdna_singapore.jpg

This is possibly one of the more important quotes ever said about her. It will be ignored, as there are so many including some fans who cannot admit that her voice is amazing, but SO awesome to hear WO praising her voice from a technical standpoint! I love this!!!!!

I love him, he always has great things to say about M. I'll admit even *I* as a hardcore Madonna loon overlook the importance of her voice when assessing her success. It's as essential to her success as that unusual "spark" she has when performing live.

It's kind of amazing and a bit sad at the same time that with all the unprecedented, massive success she's had and the accolades from nearly every producer/songwriter she's worked with that she still doesn't get the props she deserves for her musical abilities. She even said herself she's no Prince, but the woman has that intangible SOMETHING.