The MDNA Thread

Chuck82

I just don't understand. Only yesterday you condemnded people for only liking a song if its succesful on the charts yet today you are clapping because people watched her on the Superbowl or she sold a lot of tickets. Is commercial success important or not?

My point is...Madonna is extremely successful in *OTHER* ways.She doesn't need a Number One single to be "successful".That's what I am clapping about.I'd rather enjoy her music without obsessing about the chart status.There's alot of other accomplishments that we can celebrate.

But you once said that the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS is that GMAYL made Top 10. Do you just pick and choose what to place importance on depending on what suits you on any given time?

I'll stop now for everyone else that is reading and is no doubt (justifiably) annoyed.

Guest groovyguy

William Orbit

filming an EPK for MDNA today. All the other contributors have done their bit so I can’t not do it. Being up all night in the studio right before not the ideal, but i got tinted glasses

Guest groovyguy

Jesús Jones ‏ @jesusjones85

@guyoseary I hope tomorrow's MDNA preview is "Turn Up The Radio". *wink wink*

Guy Oseary Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

@jesusjones85 It will be a new song...

Guest groovyguy

what's an epk?

Electronic Press Kit - A multimedia cd/dvd sent to the press, media, record stores, etc and it may contain everything from high res jpgs to audio samples and, yes, interview bytes

Commercial success is nice, and it's gravy- but it's not what's made Madonna who she is. For some others, it is more important.

MDNA, while unlikely to be as successful as most of her albums, will add some more gravy to the already full plate. :gent:

MADONNA loons really shouldn't expect much sales from her madgesty anymore... these days, 3-5M for our QUEEN is excellent... and also for her contemporaries and wannabes

Certainly 3 or 5 million is AWESOME. If I was a musician or writer or a film maker, I wouldn't bawk at selling 3 to 5 million. I think a lot of people get stuck with this idea because some earlier albums sold beyond that, Madonna must keep doing that to stay relevant. Though with her first album, it's regarded as a classic, but it isn't her biggest selling album either compared to all the years it's been available. In my eyes, if you're still selling more than a million copies of ANYTHING world-wide 30 years later, you're still quite relevant.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.noise11.com/news/madonna-denies-shes-a-control-freak-20120316

Madonna: William Orbit brings out the tortured soul in me and Martin Solveig the ironic side

On the verge of her new album MDNA, Madonna says she’s far more collaborative than people assume.

Madonna was interviewed by Billboard editor and Sirius radio host Larry Flick about her forthcoming album, and says all the talk about “control” around her work is not quite applicable.

Flick asked her about moving back to recording and returning to being “in charge of [her] destiny”.

She replied…

You know, I hate to use the word ‘control’ so much, because people use and bandy that word about with me, when it comes to my creative life. Everyone says ‘Oh you’re a control freak and you like to be in control.’ The thing is, everything I do – even my song writing – I’m collaborating at all times. I value input from people, and I want it.

I can’t work on my own. I am not Prince or like a lot of artists, who can go in and play every instrument, and record a track, and not hear from people. I need to hear what people think all the time. I like to have my road dog, my side kick. I like the simplicity of songwriting, because in the end, it is simple. You have a melody. You have some words. And you sing.

That, hopefully, is coming from your heart or a million different emotions. Let’s just say it’s more direct.

She also revealed that she had to communicate with the Italian-speaking house producer Benny Benassi via his English-speaking cousin. She admitted that regular collaborator William Orbit “brings out the tortured soul in me” and that the “organised” and “methodical” French eurohouse producer Martin Solveig brought out “the ironic side of me; the love of language and the love of the rhythm of language.”

MDNA is due out next Friday 23 March.

Source: noise11.com

http://www.noise11.com/news/madonna-denies-shes-a-control-freak-20120316

Madonna: William Orbit brings out the tortured soul in me and Martin Solveig the ironic side

On the verge of her new album MDNA, Madonna says she’s far more collaborative than people assume.

Madonna was interviewed by Billboard editor and Sirius radio host Larry Flick about her forthcoming album, and says all the talk about “control” around her work is not quite applicable.

Flick asked her about moving back to recording and returning to being “in charge of [her] destiny”.

She replied…

You know, I hate to use the word ‘control’ so much, because people use and bandy that word about with me, when it comes to my creative life. Everyone says ‘Oh you’re a control freak and you like to be in control.’ The thing is, everything I do – even my song writing – I’m collaborating at all times. I value input from people, and I want it.

I can’t work on my own. I am not Prince or like a lot of artists, who can go in and play every instrument, and record a track, and not hear from people. I need to hear what people think all the time. I like to have my road dog, my side kick. I like the simplicity of songwriting, because in the end, it is simple. You have a melody. You have some words. And you sing.

That, hopefully, is coming from your heart or a million different emotions. Let’s just say it’s more direct.

She also revealed that she had to communicate with the Italian-speaking house producer Benny Benassi via his English-speaking cousin. She admitted that regular collaborator William Orbit “brings out the tortured soul in me” and that the “organised” and “methodical” French eurohouse producer Martin Solveig brought out “the ironic side of me; the love of language and the love of the rhythm of language.”

MDNA is due out next Friday 23 March.

Source: noise11.com

Very cool. I love to hear about the actual songwriting. I've always been interested in that aspect in every artist, I think we rarely get much from the Queen.

Guest groovyguy

http://madonna.com/news/title/album-redemption-info-from-ticketmaster

Album Redemption Info From Ticketmaster

Madonna fans! For those of you who purchased Madonna 2012 World Tour concert tickets from Ticketmaster North America, your order comes along with a copy of MDNA. Ticketmaster distributed an email message to Madonna ticket purchasers, with instructions on how to redeem their album (either in digital or physical format).

If you are a purchaser of tickets from Ticketmaster.com, and did not receive this message, please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service for assistance.

http://madonna.com/n...om-ticketmaster

Madonna fans! For those of you who purchased Madonna 2012 World Tour concert tickets from Ticketmaster North America, your order comes along with a copy of MDNA. Ticketmaster distributed an email message to Madonna ticket purchasers, with instructions on how to redeem their album (either in digital or physical format).

If you are a purchaser of tickets from Ticketmaster.com, and did not receive this message, please contact Ticketmaster Customer Service for assistance.

YEAH, WORK THOSE REDEMPTION RECEIPTS!!! :demonic:

http://madonna.com/news/title/album-redemption-info-from-ticketmaster

Anyone know what's going to happen to the ones that purchased the VIP tickets through Live Nation?

Guest groovyguy

Anyone know what's going to happen to the ones that purchased the VIP tickets through Live Nation?

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

People that bought vip tickets in U.S. will also have a chance to win PIT tix. You should receive an email in the next few days. Let me know

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

People that bought vip tickets in U.S. will also have a chance to win PIT tix. You should receive an email in the next few days. Let me know

What's a PIT?

Guest groovyguy

What's a PIT?

The Pit area is the area down in front of the stage, like an "orchestra pit" where the orchestra might be located. The pit offers a level of intimacy, allowing a fan to reach out and almost touch a performer. This intimacy excites the fans in the pit, so often this area has intensity that inspires dancing, screaming and singing along.

pit_arnhem_485.jpg

MDNA Recording Sessions Filmed

Jonas Akerlund filmed Madonna at the Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Party back in November in NYC (check out our exclusive photo here) and now William Orbit took to Facebook to say that Guy Oseary had some of the MDNA recording sessions filmed. He hints that they are also coming back to film more today!

I get ambushed in the studio sometimes, usually after round-the-clock working. Guy Oseary shot footage in the studio a few times when I was with M, usually when we were playing over songs together on acoustic guitars.

Madonna can give me a hard time with my mixes, but is very forgiving of my absolutely terrible singing voice. I’m not so forgiving of my voice though, especially when it’s immortalised on film. Perhaps I can persuade Guy to dub a proper singer onto my bits. A ‘singer-double’.

But this morning I knew they were coming to film. And no singing!

I look pensive in this pic (with Brenda Reynoso from Universal) but actually I’m just a bit tired. I got so many tracks and projects I HAVE to nail before i take a holiday beginning of April.

(From William Orbit’s Facebook)

421057_10150671620704863_98843314862_8823464_1912980691_n.jpg

Thank you: http://mymdna.com/