MDNA Press Reviews

Guest groovyguy

LAP is not my favorite Madonna album by a long shot but to give it only 3.5 is a TRAVESTY.

I would agree, especially with parts in bold :chuckle: but to say it deserved more than that is pointless; let them have their silly score.

Sure I read them, but I never took reviews (of any kind) to be specifically important. There a tons of perspectives in the world, and some critic is just giving his view. No different than my own preference towards certain Madonna songs. Hell, a 1 STAR rating of MDNA would be alright with me; it niether encourages or discourages my intrest in hearing the full album myself.

With all that said, the new album is shaping up to be her best work since Hard Candy, which was an obvious 10/5 :fag:

and just to educate the ma-idiots - LIKE A PRAYER got 3 1/2 stars from RS, as well.

this is joe levy - a real music journalist WITH CREDENTIALS. thank god.

SAY IT RIGHT PUD!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

You haven't heard the whole thing too, and you have the nerve to say BASED ON THE SNIPPETS 3.5 SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT. :vomit:

Please invent a time machine, go back to 1989, and never return. Thanks.

There's a big difference between saying the RS rating sounds about right based on what we've heard and saying "the album DESERVES more than that." I have no idea what the album "deserves" because I haven't heard the whole thing. It sounds like there will be some great/hot tracks, a few filler tracks and a couple of stinkers, so 3.5 sounds like a pretty good possibility. Not sure what going back to 1989 means.

usually i stay away from these discussions because the idiocy level is so high BUT what are you people talking about?

its a great review. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

They don't like the way it's been written apparently :rolleyes:

Maybe they prefer it if the album got 0.5 stars but it was written in a better way? Honestly I don't understand some people here.

Whether or not some Madonna gays like the way he's written the review is irrelevant and subjective. The point is, the album's got 3.5 stars out of 5.0 which is in technicality a very positive review from the leading music publication in the USA. END OF!

There's a big difference between saying the RS rating sounds about right based on what we've heard and saying "the album DESERVES more than that." I have no idea what the album "deserves" because I haven't heard the whole thing. It sounds like there will be some great/hot tracks, a few filler tracks and a couple of stinkers, so 3.5 sounds like a pretty good possibility. Not sure what going back to 1989 means.

Sorry, have you heard the album?

No you haven't. Then shut the fuck up about what review "sounds about right" !

Guest Pud Whacker

They don't like the way it's been written apparently :rolleyes:

Maybe they prefer it if the album got 0.5 stars but it was written in a better way? Honestly I don't understand some people here.

Whether or not some Madonna gays like the way he's written the review is irrelevant and subjective. The point is, the album's got 3.5 stars out of 5.0 which is in technicality a very positive review from the leading music publication in the USA. END OF!

exactly.

it was a considerate great review. sometimes i just DO NOT GET MADONNA FANS.

http://madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com/2012/03/rolling-stone-reviews-madonnas-mdna.html

usually i stay away from these discussions because the idiocy level is so high BUT what are you people talking about?

its a great review. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

I agree it's a positive review but still think RS is a shadow of the mag it used to be. But yes, the great review streak continues uninterrupted!

He did say "based on the snippets"...

Does it matter? It's one man's review. I agree it was strangely written and not really a complete review of the album, but do I care? NOPE! After all, he wasn't necessarily negative. Levy giving it a 3.5 isn't going to ruin my day or my experience of enjoying the album when it's released. But boy oh boy, some people seem to be in complete melt down mode over this. LOL!

And by the way, I'd love to hop in that time machine back to the 80's... I miss those days where I can enjoy new Madonna material without all the nit picking by some fans.

Guest Xanthium

I miss those days where I can enjoy new Madonna material without all the nit picking by some fans.

Yeah I miss the days when a gun wasn't held to my head forcing me to read other peoples opinions on a message board :manson:

Yeah I miss the days when a gun wasn't held to my head forcing me to read other peoples opinions on a message board :manson:

I know right, I HATE Girl Gone Bad, and I HATE when I read that some fans like it!! :lmao:

Guest Xanthium

I know right, I HATE Girl Gone Bad, and I HATE when I read that some fans like it!! :lmao:

Well what's funny is that I DO hate GGW but why would I have a problem if someone loves it, ya know what I mean? I love sushi but I'm not gonna give a shit if someone hates it.

Well what's funny is that I DO hate GGW but why would I have a problem if someone loves it, ya know what I mean? I love sushi but I'm not gonna give a shit if someone hates it.

I think it's fun to have different opinions, it makes it more interesting :)

But does it really affect you?

Guest Xanthium

I think it's fun to have different opinions, it makes it more interesting :)

But does it really affect you?

It doesn't affect me but it does affect some others. They need to not read stuff then.

Guest Xanthium

Look this isn't a pissing contest. So don't try to make this personal. Thank you!

:confused:

Um, not making it personal, just replying to your post. If you can't handle the heat, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.

I HATE when I read that some fans like it!! :lmao:

:megamanson:

I don't like Girl Gone Wider too but to HATE the loons who likes it? That's too much. Are for real? :confused:

Guest Xanthium

:megamanson:

I don't like Girl Gone Wider too but to HATE the loons who likes it? That's too much. Are for real? :confused:

Nessie, Gutten was being facetious ;)