GGW....I feel it!!..Am i the only one who feels a monster hit coming¿¿

Candylipsgirl

So we all agree.....older artists don't get alot of airplay and the same chart success that younger artists get,right? No matter what they release.

We need to let go of this theory that Madonna could easily have Number One singles if only she released *amazing* songs again.

I do believe that if some of them comes with a really great song (of course with much more effort than younger acts) they would have a chance. I'm not saying that radio is not ageist, they are but not at that extreme level. It's not much of their fault, the labels always invest their money promoting younger people and if the older artists come with really great music it is more likely that they start having some visibility in adult radiostations and then if it becomes huge the pop radiostations may play it.

Look, even though Adele is a young act her music isn't ordinary pop. The pop radiostations took a long time to play her and they did when she became huge in other media outlets.

At 50 year old only Madonna CARES to be a popstar trying to stay current with the music scene. It's not that we have others popstars at her age struggling to keep it up with the young public.

The other "old" pop acts like Cher, Cindy Lauper, Roxette, etc, are living from their past. The radio won't play them because they have nothing current good enough to be played.

Ofcourse she's trying to stay current this is why she's releasing these type of songs. But do you really think that a lot of these younger artist are releasing masterpieces? I mean, come one a lot of the stuff out there is crap with the exception of a few songs, I like Riri and Katy but some of their songs clearly suck but yet they get play all the time. I'm just glad that Bruno Mars is finally beginning to go away.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

if it's given half a damn chance, i think it can happen.

it's catchy as fuck...i mean, the whole song is pure HEAT.

if the video is great, and they have some plans in store for promotion, this could easily give her a decent-sized hit.

Um whats wrong with her doing the music she wants and making more money than anyone in the music biz from her concerts and if US radio doesn't play her big f*cking deal? LOL

The woman is laughing all the way to the bank,

Wait until you see her tour gross at the end of the year.

Um whats wrong with her doing the music she wants and making more money than anyone in the music biz from her concerts and if US radio doesn't play her big f*cking deal? LOL

Exactly these songs are serving her Tour..not charts. Im sure Italy will love GGW though..

Exactly these songs are serving her Tour..not charts. Im sure Italy will love GGW though..

Oh, don't try to deny it. Madonna wants another top TEN hit with this song as well. Whether it happens or not, it remains to be seen. I hope it does though. Will it break her heart if it doesn't? Not at all. As stated, she's "laughing all the way to the bank" alone with the tour. And YES, AGE plays a huge factor here. This is a great song. If any other young pop star had recorded this, it would be a number one smash. Radio is very reluctant to play Madonna anymore. It has nothing to do with it being a great song or not. Though, it doesn't mean they won't take a shining to her again. It can happen as people do enjoy to bring back the old with something new. Though, she'll probably never have the same success with her singles from this point on as she's done in the past. And believe me, I wish so badly I can eat my words here. Good song doesn't always equate radio airplay... especially in the U.S. I guess it's subjective, but I thought "Sorry" was a damn great song. It should have been a huge hit on the radio.

Exactly.Sure,another Top 10 hit would be nice but if it doesn't happen,she has the tour receipts to look forward to.That's where she makes most of her money anyway.I think it's only the fans who obsess about chart positions :lol:

i played this song at work today and they all loved it

wanted to know if it was available on itunes so it can possibly be a hit for her

has great potential

Heard it in a taxi on my way home from the airport in Montreal it sounded fantastic on the radio. Even the dj said he loved it but Montreal loves Madonna so thats not saying much ;)

Guest Sinisin

I can see 18-24 really liking this song. Imagine blasting this in the house while getting ready, in the car on the way to the club, hearing it boom on the dancefloor. I predict big hit!

neutro: you think she really cares as long as her tour is sold out? she had a record of them already..

You bet as long as there is potential to break more records. Seriously, who wouldn't want to prove that a 50 something pop star still can score a top 10 hit? As stated, it may not be heart breaking to her if she doesn't, but we shouldn't fool ourselves. A woman who has spent her whole career wanting to be heard, breaking records and scoring hits, would love to continue to do so.

Exactly.Sure,another Top 10 hit would be nice but if it doesn't happen,she has the tour receipts to look forward to.That's where she makes most of her money anyway.I think it's only the fans who obsess about chart positions :lol:

It's where all musicians make their money now and Madonna is number 1 when it comes to touring so how can fans be so disappointed is so funny to me. Top 10's are and should be gravy for Madonna now bottom line. Enjoy her.

It's hardcore fans that are more radio obsessed LOL

I can see 18-24 really liking this song. Imagine blasting this in the house while getting ready, in the car on the way to the club, hearing it boom on the dancefloor. I predict big hit!

But that's the thing. I could see them doing that if it was by Rihanna and Guetta but Madonna is more than twice their age. It's like having your aunty crash a party. I think it will be huge in the gay clubs but I'm not sure the 'core audience of 18 - 27 year old girls' ( :p) will buy into it.

I read that as people of SIZE 18-24 would like it. :demonic:

tumblr_ln05eao5VW1qesgbk.gif

But that's the thing. I could see them doing that if it was by Rihanna and Guetta but Madonna is more than twice their age. It's like having your aunty crash a party. I think it will be huge in the gay clubs but I'm not sure the 'core audience of 18 - 27 year old girls' ( :p ) will buy into it.

You can bet, if they played this song to the "core audience" and not say who it is, you can bet they will dig it. The moment you mention "Madonna", a lot will take it back. It's a fact.

Guest jamesshot

One thing I would like to point out is Madonna is no ordinary pop star so we really can't compare what she could or couldn't do to ANY other pop star. I think if any older act *can* get big airplay and big hits at this stage it is Madonna. Doesn't mean she will I just think she is the *only* one who could. The rules don't really apply to Madonna like they do other artists. She still has that *appeal* no matter her age. The Superbowl got so many lapsed fans excited about her again and even the younger crowd were very interested and they would never be similarly interested in any other older pop/rock star I don't think.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

You can bet, if they played this song to the "core audience" and not say who it is, you can bet they will dig it. The moment you mention "Madonna", a lot will take it back. It's a fact.

sad but true.

just like the fans complaining about the song would love it if it were by one of those other girls.