GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

I think that's a pretty fair review IMHO and I think that's how many people will see it. So many superior tracks on the album.

I think that is a fair review. I have to admit though that this song is like a guilty pleasure to me, whenever i play it i can't stop singing it, specially the high pitched "wanna fave some FUUUUUN" at the end. I really love the song, although i think it's not a good one.

I'm not gonna claim it's one of her classics, I was very iffy and meh about it at first myself but I fucking love it. A proper grower, not just cause of the knowingly camp gay classic Madonna video. I just can't resist those Sash! style Eurodance chords. :dramatic: It along with Superstar was singled out as rubbish in the original NME review anyway, so no surprise.

Still loving it, still listening to it every day. :inlove:

:wow:

:o

The Girl Gone Wild EP containing the remixes currently sits at # 75 in the UK iTunes Album Chart. The single bowed out of the Canadian charts after 9 weeks with a peak of # 42. Other countries have shown successful airplay peaks so far, notably Croatia, Poland and Hong Kong where it reached the #1 position...

:o

(more on http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/05/madonna-girl-gone-wild-chart_17.html)

I'm sure that's how Justify My Love was seen back in the day too. And I'm sure we can insult every Madonna song this way in the last ten years.

Absolutly NOT! Justify My Love was acclaimed because it's a good song with beautiful lyrics and edge production. And it was a big hit. I don't recall any bad review for JML.

Guest groovyguy

http://madonnalicious.typepad.com/madonnalicious/2012/05/girl-gone-wild-released-in-the-uk.html

'Girl Gone Wild' released in the UK

'Girl Gone Wild' had it's official UK release this week - here are the details on where you can buy the various formats available.

CD Single (Amazon): www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Gone-Wild-Madonna

CD Single (HMV): hmv.com/hmvweb

12" Picture Disc (Amazon): www.amazon.co.uk/Girl-Gone-Wild-12-VINYL

Remixes (iTunes): itunes.apple.com/gb/album/girl-gone-wild-remixes

Remixes (7Digital): www.7digital.com/artist/madonna/release/girl-gone-wild-2

girlgonewild_uk_release_news.jpg

Right now I am watching a tennis match (Na Li vs. Chanelle Scheepers, Internazionali BNL d'Italia) and on the break before the beginning of the second set, a couple of minutes ago, they played GGW (the original version) on the court! :wow:

I know it's not a big deal, but I like hearing Madonna songs in public places. :vogue:

Right now I am watching a tennis match (Na Li vs. Chanelle Scheepers, Internazionali BNL d'Italia) and on the break before the beginning of the second set, a couple of minutes ago, they played GGW (the original version) on the court! :wow:

I know it's not a big deal, but I like hearing Madonna songs in public places. :vogue:

I know! Every time I hear GMAYL from my window I run to see if its a neighbour listening to or just a random car with the radio on.

Guest Not4Pussies

does anyone have the Justin Cognito mix in HQ that includes the Act of Contrition intro and "forgive me" breakdown?

Heard it again seconds ago!! And they played it THREE CONSECUTIVE TIMES (!!!!!!!) so far ( :wow::wow: )!! It's played as I'm typing!! :dramatic:

Gotta love Italy. :inlove:

Guest groovyguy

Pre-order Girl Gone Wild Maxi- CD Import

includes:

EU eight track single features eight remixes of the title track; adonna vs.Avicii Girl Gone Wild (UMF Mix), Girl Gone Wild (Dave Aud remix), Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito remix), Girl Gone Wild (Kim Fai remix), Girl Gone Wild (Lucky Date Remix), Girl Gone Wild (Offer Nissim Remix), Girl Gone Wild (Dada Life Remix) and Girl Gone Wild (Rebirth Remix). Universal. 2012.

513pKPlX7EL._SL110_.jpg

Girl Gone Wild

Madonna

Best Price $14.00

or Buy New $14.00

buy-from-tan.gif

Girl Gone Wild thankfully re-appeared at # 73 on the UK Charts with it's official release (it previously debuted at # 111). While airplay is nil, the physical and downloads sales managed to push it within the top 100. This is currently one of Madonna's lowest charting singles in the UK, her last one being Masterpiece which peaked at # 68.

see the rest of the week 11 tally : http://mymonumentalicons.blogspot.com/2012/05/madonna-girl-gone-wild-chart_21.html

Pre-order Girl Gone Wild Maxi- CD Import

includes:

EU eight track single features eight remixes of the title track; adonna vs.Avicii Girl Gone Wild (UMF Mix), Girl Gone Wild (Dave Aud remix), Girl Gone Wild (Justin Cognito remix), Girl Gone Wild (Kim Fai remix), Girl Gone Wild (Lucky Date Remix), Girl Gone Wild (Offer Nissim Remix), Girl Gone Wild (Dada Life Remix) and Girl Gone Wild (Rebirth Remix). Universal. 2012.

513pKPlX7EL._SL110_.jpg

Girl Gone Wild

Madonna

Best Price $14.00

or Buy New $14.00

buy-from-tan.gif

I put my order in the other day. I just don't understand why it's an "import". Though it's double the price what a domestic CD-MAXI would sell for, so I suspect making it an "import" makes it worth more. :wacko:

From what I read somewhere, all her vinyl is now produced in one plant in the Czech Rep which would make sense as vinyl sales are not even half a million in the UK now.

• 2 weeks later...

i just cant get enough of Girl Gone Wild.

Me too! Specially after seeing clips of the opening. I'm really digging the music video on youtube. Just hit 12 million viewers btw!

Guest Not4Pussies

they played it last nite at the club and i couldn't help doing the dance move where she puts her arms above her head and moves her hips to the sides.

it was great hearing those HEY HEY HEY's so loud.

Is there a tutorial video somewhere by some gay that teaches you the choreography? I wanna learn it so bad!

Always do the GGW arms above your head dancing when I hear it out :)

Guest SuperPop

after seeing the Tour on Saturday , I have to say that I finally love it and cant get it out of my mind

Seeing the Milano crowd sing their hearts out to the chorus (even at the end, when she doesn't even sing "like a girl gone wild, a good girl...") made me so happy. That's what it should be like everywhere!