GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

"I'm Addicted" is also a Benassi track. ;)

But remixed by the Demolition crew just like his other contribution on MDNA "Best friend". Judging by their work on "Gang Bang" they should have put their hands on GGW too.

GGW has nothing to do with "Get together", i love "Get together" i even love the demo more because there's this longing and melancholia that fits the lyrics better than the wonderful Ibiza-esque Stuart Price mix.

GGW sounds like something written for the Eurovision song contest ( Israel entry maybe because it reminds of Hava nagila). Something Rafaella Cara sang in the 70's. Madonna sounds like she's reading the lyrics as she's recording them. She wants to have some fun and says she's gone wild but she sounds flat bored and i hate having to say this because i always reacted badly when people were saying it prior to the release of this song but this song shows her age. It's dated. It's so parodical that it actually reminds me of her "Take on me" parody on SNL in 1985. Apart from that the production is so cheap and tacky like supermarket music. Yes i hate it, i can't stand hearing it and that's the first time since "American pie" i hate a Madonna song with a vengeance. I sum up all my feelings for the song by calling it "Guidette gone wild". But i don't hate people who like it.

But remixed by the Demolition crew just like his other contribution on MDNA "Best friend". Judging by their work on "Gang Bang" they should have put their hands on GGW too.

GGW has nothing to do with "Get together", i love "Get together" i even love the demo more because there's this longing and melancholia that fits the lyrics better than the wonderful Ibiza-esque Stuart Price mix.

GGW sounds like something written for the Eurovision song contest ( Israel entry maybe because it reminds of Hava nagila). Something Rafaella Cara sang in the 70's. Madonna sounds like she's reading the lyrics as she's recording them. She wants to have some fun and says she's gone wild but she sounds flat bored and i hate having to say this because i always reacted badly when people were saying it prior to the release of this song but this song shows her age. It's dated. It's so parodical that it actually reminds me of her "Take on me" parody on SNL in 1985. Apart from that the production is so cheap and tacky like supermarket music. Yes i hate it, i can't stand hearing it and that's the first time since "American pie" i hate a Madonna song with a vengeance. I sum up all my feelings for the song by calling it "Guidette gone wild". But i don't hate people who like it.

that sums up how i feel about it too (except i like american pie)

anyway i'm really glad the album is packed with great songs

and orbit was right when he said the singles weren't representative

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/18/in-brief-promo-cd-blu-ray-releases-charts-ticketmaster-mdna-madonna-world-tour-rehearsals-epk-and-more/

Girl Gone Wild US Promo CD

The one-track “Girl Gone Wild” US promo has surfaced.

It reads…

Girl Gone Wild (3:48)

Written by Madonna, Jenson Vaughan, Alessandro “Alle” Benassi & Marco “Benny” Benassi

Produced by Madonna, Marco “Benny” Benassi and Alessandro “Alle” Benassi

Mixed by Demacio “Demo” Castellon for the Demolition Crew

Benny & Alle Benassi appear on behalf of Spaceship Management and Ultra Empire.

Have a look…

20120316-news-madonna-girl-gone-wild-us-promo-cd.jpg

http://www.madonnara...s-epk-and-more/

Girl Gone Wild US Promo CD

The one-track "Girl Gone Wild" US promo has surfaced.

It reads…

Girl Gone Wild (3:48)

Written by Madonna, Jenson Vaughan, Alessandro "Alle" Benassi & Marco "Benny" Benassi

Produced by Madonna, Marco "Benny" Benassi and Alessandro "Alle" Benassi

Mixed by Demacio "Demo" Castellon for the Demolition Crew

Benny & Alle Benassi appear on behalf of Spaceship Management and Ultra Empire.

Have a look…

20120316-news-madonna-girl-gone-wild-us-promo-cd.jpg

:wow:

I would love if Benassi do all the mixes of MDNA. They create new songs while they're mixing!

Guest Xanthium

I just love it when people QUEEN THE FUCK OUT to Madonna :lol: And I have to admit, in this context the original version of the song sounds pretty decent.

I might be changing my tune :shock:

I have a question for the group of people who hate this song. Can you explain exactly what it is that makes this song so different in your eyes from, say, Get Together? I readily admit that I am not a trained musician nor am I overly schooled in production techniques. I like music that is catchy, or that touches me emotionally. I am drawn to voices and lyrics as much as to music. I have loved GGW from the first time I heard it. It's so amazing to dance to. Is the music vastly inferior to that of GT? To my untrained ear they don't sound miles apart. Lyrically, is "can we get together" so much better than "get fired up like a smoking' gun"? Just curious as to what it is that makes a handful of you say GGW is her worst song ever, as I just am not seeing anything a. that bad about the tune; or b. all that different from a much loved gem like GT. I want to know!!!!

The production is cheap Europop from about ten years ago which I've never liked. I can hear the elements of Get Together but it's as if Cascada had tried to make her own version. The lyrics are nothing special and the melody is pretty basic. The up and down of the Gurl gone wild, Ggurl gone Wild is just cheap. I imagine 15 year old slags getting loaded on Lambrini to this type of song. :p

from madonnarama:

After the release of the “Girl Gone Wild” lyric-video on VEVO, fans in Canada, Mexico and the US could already buy the single online.

Fans around the world had to wait, but the international release is finally here!

Hurry on over to iTunes and pre-order!

It took a while to compile, but here are all the direct links to the different iTunes Store countries where “Girl Gone Wild” is available…

iTunes Argentina: Buy HERE!

iTunes Australia: Buy HERE!

iTunes Austria: Buy HERE!

iTunes Belgium: Buy HERE!

iTunes Bolivia: Buy HERE!

iTunes Bulgaria: Buy HERE!

iTunes Brazil: Buy HERE!

iTunes Canada: Buy HERE!

iTunes Chile: Buy HERE!

iTunes Colombia: Buy HERE!

iTunes Costa Rica: Buy HERE!

iTunes Cyprus: Buy HERE!

iTunes Czech Republic: Buy HERE!

iTunes Denmark: Buy HERE!

iTunes Dominican Republic: Buy HERE!

iTunes El Salvador: Buy HERE!

iTunes Ecuador: Buy HERE!

iTunes Estonia: Buy HERE!

iTunes Finland: Buy HERE!

iTunes France: Buy HERE!

iTunes Germany: Buy HERE!

iTunes Greece: Buy HERE!

iTunes Guatemala: Buy HERE!

iTunes Honduras: Buy HERE!

iTunes Hungary: Buy HERE!

iTunes Ireland: Not available yet…

iTunes Italy: Buy HERE!

iTunes Japan: Buy HERE!

iTunes Latvia: Buy HERE!

iTunes Lithuania: Buy HERE!

iTunes Luxembourg: Buy HERE!

iTunes Malta: Buy HERE!

iTunes Mexico: Buy HERE!

iTunes Netherlands: Buy HERE!

iTunes New Zealand: Buy HERE!

iTunes Nicaragua: Buy HERE!

iTunes Norway: Buy HERE!

iTunes Panama: Buy HERE!

iTunes Paraguay: Buy HERE!

iTunes Peru: Buy HERE!

iTunes Poland: Buy HERE!

iTunes Portugal: Buy HERE!

iTunes Romania: Buy HERE!

iTunes Slovakia: Buy HERE!

iTunes Slovenia: Buy HERE!

iTunes Spain: Buy HERE!

iTunes Sweden: Buy HERE!

iTunes Switzerland: Buy HERE!

iTunes UK: Not available yet…

iTunes US: Buy HERE!

iTunes Venezuela: Buy HERE!

Read more: http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/19/girl-gone-wild-by-madonna-available-on-itunes/#ixzz1pZGX47Dg

so just Ireland and the UK where it's unavailable (obviously not quite in Europe)... that'll teach you UK for not supporting GMAYL!! :lmao:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/20/dave-aude-girl-gone-wild-could-have-sonically-been-mixed-better-in-the-album/

Dave Audé: “Girl Gone Wild” could have sonically been mixed better in the album!

Dave Audé, who recently remixed Madonna’s “Girl Gone Wild”, was interviewed by PopServations…

While remixing some of music’s heaviest hitters is nothing new for you, I have to ask about one of your latest superstar remixes, Madonna’s “Girl Gone Wild.” Did you feel any additional pressure, having been ‘given the keys’? What was your goal, sound-wise, for the remix?

Dave Audé: I worked on two remixes for Madonna years ago, “Music” and “Don’t Tell Me,” but neither saw a proper release, so it’s cool that I’ve been ‘given the keys’ again! I heard “Girl Gone Wild” and immediately fell in love with it. My goal was to produce a non-fluffy mix that rocked and I feel I nailed it!

It doesn’t really get any bigger than Madonna, does it — The Queen of Pop and a club music legend. Of all of her remixes, do you have a favorite?

Dave Audé: My unreleased mix of “Music.” LOL, sorry, it is!

Your remix of “Girl Gone Wild” has gotten a great reaction, with some suggesting it should be the official single version. One even said he’s replacing the album version with yours when MDNA comes out.

Dave Audé: Wow, I appreciate that. My version is different than the original. It’s probably too banging to be an album cut.

I do think the album cut could have sonically been mixed better, but that is simply my opinion and my taste. The fact that I hear things differently probably helps me produce records. Anyway, thanks for suggesting that!

What’s your approach when doing a remix of an existing track like “Girl Gone Wild”? I imagine the process is different than when you’re creating something completely from scratch, like your productions with Jessica Sutta, for example. (Amazing, by the way.)

Dave Audé: Thank you. My approach is really the same, except in this case I have the vocal so there’s somewhere to start from. Remixing and producing these days are exactly the same, there’s no difference really, it’s all producing.

Source: Popservations.com

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6759

GGW Picture Disc out on April 24!

...today we have just received confirmation that the Girl Gone Wild Picture Disc has been approved!

The new single will be physically released with the following schedule:

April 17: CD Single

April 24: Picture Disc

Let's Go Wild with MDNA!

Top 6 reasons why GGW is the 3rd best Madonna song of the 21st century

1. The title. Well it beats Girl Gone Mild.

2. I got that burnin' hot desi-i-i-re

And no one can put out my fi-i-i-re

It's coming right down through the wi-i-i-re

3. The cosy familiarity: it sounds like the Benny Benassi mix of Celebration meets Get Together, quotes a dozen of her own songs such as Till Death Do Us Part, Sorry etc, having lots of resemblances lyrically to past works. Oh and the belated nod to her "great rival" Cydney Lauper aka The Original Lady Gaga aka "supposed heir" who she also sounds like in the spoken intro and video, so by quoting Cydney she's merely saying "it happened before and you're next, Gaga". It's like one big postmodern potpourri served by the original post modernist. :dramatic::asian:

4. It is her 8th best vocal on record ever. She hasn't sung with such gale force power and conviction on this song, particulary the "but I'm a bad girl anyway-heyyyyyyy" bit in at least 25 years.

5. The video :wow:

6. Did I mention but I'm a bad girl anyway-heyyyy?

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Top 6 reasons why GGW is the 3rd best Madonna song of the 21st century

1. The title. Well it beats Girl Gone Mild.

2. I got that burnin' hot desi-i-i-re

And no one can put out my fi-i-i-re

It's coming right down through the wi-i-i-re

3. The cosy familiarity: it sounds like the Benny Benassi mix of Celebration meets Get Together, quotes a dozen of her own songs such as Till Death Do Us Part, Sorry etc, having lots of resemblances lyrically to past works. Oh and the belated nod to her "great rival" Cydney Lauper aka The Original Lady Gaga aka "supposed heir" who she also sounds like in the spoken intro and video, so by quoting Cydney she's merely saying "it happened before and you're next, Gaga". It's like one big postmodern potpourri served by the original post modernist. :dramatic::asian:

4. It is her 8th best vocal on record ever. She hasn't sung with such gale force power and conviction on this song, particulary the "but I'm a bad girl anyway-heyyyyyyy" bit in at least 25 years.

5. The video :wow:

6. Did I mention but I'm a bad girl anyway-heyyyy?

:clap: