GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

Guest groovyguy

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

"Girl Gone Wild" video will debut on the E channel march 20... More details to come.. #MDNA #countdown

Guy Oseary ‏ @guyoseary

"Girl Gone Wild" video will debut on the E channel march 20... More details to come.. #MDNA #countdown

:clap:

Is she filming the video for the next single soon? Just incase GGW flops and turns out to

be another "buzz single"

:lol:

Unless she has already shot another video,I doubt that she will have time now that tour rehearsals have begun.She should just use live concert footage for a "Turn Up The Radio" video this summer.

Unless she has already shot another video,I doubt that she will have time now that tour rehearsals have begun.She should just use live concert footage for a "Turn Up The Radio" video this summer.

Perhaps she may stop and film a quick video with her dancers a la Jump or Celebration and who said TUTR would even be a single? :p

Perhaps she may stop and film a quick video with her dancers a la Jump or Celebration and who said TUTR would even be a single? :p

it's wishing thinking on my part ;) I think it would be a perfect single for the summer.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6704

Interscope looking for a Girl Gone Wild picture disc release

Today we can exclusively report that there is a vinyl release planned for the new single too, but this has to be green-lighted first by the Queen of Pop herself.

If Lady says yes, Girl Gone Wild will come out on vinyl and wait, it will be a picture disc!

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6704

Interscope looking for a Girl Gone Wild picture disc release

Today we can exclusively report that there is a vinyl release planned for the new single too, but this has to be green-lighted first by the Queen of Pop herself.

If Lady says yes, Girl Gone Wild will come out on vinyl and wait, it will be a picture disc!

I don't get why Madonna would have to be asked if there is to be a picture disc? Is it because it would make a loss but they're doing it to stimulate chart performance? I can't see why she'd actually care either way.

I prefer a concert video than a video ala Celebration... Uninspired dancing before a white wall? I d take dancing in front of a huge crowd any day...

Guest FrozenEyes

How about she make time? It's not like she's on tour EVERY DAY!!! Take one, maybe two days and film a quality video. I think that's reasonable. :hurt:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6708

Girl Gone Wild on iTunes on Monday!

Interscope/Universal Music confirmed the news today: "Girl Gone Wild" will indeed hit the iTunes music stores worldwide (besides North American territories where the single is already out) on Monday, March 19th.

Also next week, as reported yesterday, the video directed by Mert & Marcus will premiere in the US first (Tuesday 20th) and then will hit the web worldwide the following day.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/17/e-entertainment-to-premiere-girl-gone-wild-video-official-press-release/

E! Entertainment to premiere “Girl Gone Wild” Video [Official Press Release]

Earlier this week Madonnarama revealed that Madonna’s video for “Girl Gone Wild” would premiere on E! Entertainment on March 20th and the following day on YouTube.

E! has just released the official press release, confirming what we said….

Madonna is teaming up with E! for the exclusive world premiere of the controversial music video for her new single “Girl Gone Wild” from her upcoming MDNA album, scheduled to be released March 26 on Interscope Records. The video, shot in black and white, was filmed in Los Angeles and directed by Mert & Marcus. It includes a stunning tour de force performance by the Material Girl and her team of dancers and breathtaking visual effects. E! provides a pitch-perfect platform for this much buzzed-about video when it premieres exclusively on E! News on March 20 at 7:00 and 11:30 PM and is available on E! Online directly following.

Over the course of her extraordinary three decade career, Madonna, considered the ultimate video visionary, has sold over 300 million albums and holds the record for the most successful tour by a solo artist in history. She is a seven time Grammy winning singer, songwriter, producer and a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, as well as a film director and producer. Her most recent film W.E. which she co-wrote, directed and produced is currently in theatres. Madonna recently performed at the Bridgestone Superbowl Halftime Show for 112.6 million viewers – the largest halftime audience ever. She is scheduled to go on a worldwide concert tour that begins in Tel Aviv Israel on May 29. Her first US concert date is August 28 in Philadelphia.

Be sure to tune-in to the world premiere of Madonna’s “Girl Gone Wild” music video – only on E! News on Tuesday, March 20th at 7:00 and 11:30 PM and on E! Online directly following, www.eonline.com.

I have a question for the group of people who hate this song. Can you explain exactly what it is that makes this song so different in your eyes from, say, Get Together? I readily admit that I am not a trained musician nor am I overly schooled in production techniques. I like music that is catchy, or that touches me emotionally. I am drawn to voices and lyrics as much as to music. I have loved GGW from the first time I heard it. It's so amazing to dance to. Is the music vastly inferior to that of GT? To my untrained ear they don't sound miles apart. Lyrically, is "can we get together" so much better than "get fired up like a smoking' gun"? Just curious as to what it is that makes a handful of you say GGW is her worst song ever, as I just am not seeing anything a. that bad about the tune; or b. all that different from a much loved gem like GT. I want to know!!!!

Guest Xanthium

I have a question for the group of people who hate this song. Can you explain exactly what it is that makes this song so different in your eyes from, say, Get Together? I readily admit that I am not a trained musician nor am I overly schooled in production techniques. I like music that is catchy, or that touches me emotionally. I am drawn to voices and lyrics as much as to music. I have loved GGW from the first time I heard it. It's so amazing to dance to. Is the music vastly inferior to that of GT? To my untrained ear they don't sound miles apart. Lyrically, is "can we get together" so much better than "get fired up like a smoking' gun"? Just curious as to what it is that makes a handful of you say GGW is her worst song ever, as I just am not seeing anything a. that bad about the tune; or b. all that different from a much loved gem like GT. I want to know!!!!

Well for me Get Together is an amazing song. It has a beautiful build-up in the beginning, the beat is modern and retro at the same time, and the well-written lyrics are really heartfelt and sincere. The entire song is just so damn romantic is makes me swoon. Her voice is really nice. It's warm yet at the same time they tweaked it ever-just-so to give it a slightly mechanical feel. The song pulsates gently and has a wonderful swirling sound in the background. It's just fucking fabulous.

Girl Gone Wild is awful on the other hand. The production is beyond tired. Benny Benassi is a one trick pony who does the same buzz saw/fart sound for everything. It was great when he did it in Satisfaction but that was back in 2003. Her voice is completely robotic and auto-tuned. Plus it's too fast during the verses. The lyrics are cliched. There's no emotion or thought behind them. She doesn't even sound like she's having fun. She's just going through the motions. I find the song to be cynical.

I can see how people see sonic similarities between the two songs. If Get Together and GGW were both mean girls, GT would be the beautiful Regina George while GGW is Gretchen Wieners, sub-par in every way.

How about she make time? It's not like she's on tour EVERY DAY!!! Take one, maybe two days and film a quality video. I think that's reasonable. :hurt:

I think the same too! and it´s not that she has to direct the video, put the make-up to everybody, change the sets...I call it laziness, sorry

anyways, this is my first topic about GGW: it´s a good song, but not a lead single (ok a lead single that is the second single), is not a song that can help to sell an album to the non die hard fans.Bad move...it could have been a perfect 3-4 single

gonna try to respond to this coz i wasn't instantly moved by this track (the only track i wasn't INSTANTLY moved by so far from what i've heard of MDNA. ) when i first heard it, it felt disconnected. like her voice was too far from me? i don't know if that makes sense... the justin cognito mix for me kind of brought a little bit of warmth into the vocals and brought them a bit closer to me. it is that version that i dig. all this said, from the beginning i smiled when she said 808 drums coz i know what she means! after lotsa listen i love the song and my favorite part is "dj play my song - turn me on" and the breakdown. hope that helps? basically she just sounded a little too far away from me.

or maybe it's that damn nasal girlie voice she uses sometimes... remember back when they said she sounded like mini mouse on helium? i was a little afraid she'd lost that deeper sultry part of her voice but after hearing the snipits from the album - she still has her voice - very much so.

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6708

Girl Gone Wild on iTunes on Monday!

Interscope/Universal Music confirmed the news today: "Girl Gone Wild" will indeed hit the iTunes music stores worldwide (besides North American territories where the single is already out) on Monday, March 19th.

Also next week, as reported yesterday, the video directed by Mert & Marcus will premiere in the US first (Tuesday 20th) and then will hit the web worldwide the following day.

i'm not ashamed, i'll do what i have 2 do to get that justify t-shirt. and the black underwear. i'll take the cigarettes too. mf.

Guest Xanthium

when i first heard it, it felt disconnected. like her voice was too far from me? i don't know if that makes sense... the justin cognito mix for me kind of brought a little bit of warmth into the vocals and brought them a bit closer to me. it is that version that i dig.

Yes exactly! The JC remix has heart to it. Her voice is clearer, slower, and higher up in the mix. Her voice in the original sounded pushed down and remote.