GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

Isn't it more likely to be the album that sold that in pre-sale? That would make more sense.

the song isn't even released in most countries, right? so surely they mean the album.

He didn't say that. He wrote the question marks. Someone else stated that to him and he wrote the two question marks about it. I'm guessing nobody on here is on twitter.

Y'all apparently don't get Twitter.

Someone (candygalore) tweeted to Benny Benassi saying that Girl Gone Wild has sold two million copies and is number one everywhere (a obvious lie for obvious reasons). Benassi retweets (or reposts) with question marks, meaning that he is confused, because of the fact that it's a lie.

Just read on tribe that GGW will remain an e-single exclusive to North American territories for a little more. As of now the plans are to make it available to the rest of the markets in a couple of weeks' time.

Do you think they're testing the water or waiting for the album hype to kick and tie with the single?

Just read on tribe that GGW will remain an e-single exclusive to North American territories for a little more. As of now the plans are to make it available to the rest of the markets in a couple of weeks' time.

Do you think they're testing the water or waiting for the album hype to kick and tie with the single?

Most likely waiting for the video.

:lmao:

I wouldn't be surprise if they cancel the release of GGW everywhere else with the excuse that this was another "buzz single" :rotfl:

After what happened in the UK with GMAYL,maybe they're trying a different approach...perhaps waiting for the video,and allowing the song to build momentum in the US first before releasing it elsewhere.I like the idea of a "slow buildup" instead of just throwing it out there,force-feeding it to everybody and expecting them to embrace it.

After what happened in the UK with GMAYL,maybe they're trying a different approach...perhaps waiting for the video,and allowing the song to build momentum in the US first before releasing it elsewhere.I like the idea of a "slow buildup" instead of just throwing it out there,force-feeding it to everybody and expecting them to embrace it.

how do you think public will respond this time?

E-single? Confusing. Is it a single or isn't it? I think doing what they did with some other recent album (like Born This Way), where they released a new track to iTunes every week leading up to the album release would be a good idea.

E-single? Confusing. Is it a single or isn't it? I think doing what they did with some other recent album (like Born This Way), where they released a new track to iTunes every week leading up to the album release would be a good idea.

Totally agree, I've thought the same.

I think releasing the snippets to Perez (bleurgh) is the same strategy, exposing people to different tracks.

Guest bluejean

I think releasing the snippets to Perez (bleurgh) is the same strategy, exposing people to different tracks.

I think though he's suggesting they do what Gaga did because that helped them find a hit song in 'Edge of Glory.' Releasing snippets isn't going to reach non Madonna fans. I mean honestly, you would think a whole team of marketing people and what not at a record label would be able to determine which songs are going to make the most impact and just release them with a solid strategy. Instead they seem a little bit lost. And the SAME thing happened with 'Born This Way' but at least that had a #1 hit by this stage.

I think though he's suggesting they do what Gaga did because that helped them find a hit song in 'Edge of Glory.' Releasing snippets isn't going to reach non Madonna fans. I mean honestly, you would think a whole team of marketing people and what not at a record label would be able to determine which songs are going to make the most impact and just release them with a solid strategy. Instead they seem a little bit lost. And the SAME thing happened with 'Born This Way' but at least that had a #1 hit by this stage.

Are you talking in the US? None of Gaga's singles from BTW went to No.1 in the UK.

I think it's a good idea to release snippets. They will get some feedback as to what the public actually like.

From what I heard of Turn Up The Radio, it seemed really feable and that has also had a mixed reaction from fans. So far, the stand out tracks mentioned in the few reviews have referred to tracks other than anything that's been heard. The reviews have all been great for the album. It would seem the singles have just been misjudged.

Are you talking in the US? None of Gaga's singles from BTW went to No.1 in the UK.

I think it's a good idea to release snippets. They will get some feedback as to what the public actually like.

From what I heard of Turn Up The Radio, it seemed really feable and that has also had a mixed reaction from fans. So far, the stand out tracks mentioned in the few reviews have referred to tracks other than anything that's been heard. The reviews have all been great for the album. It would seem the singles have just been misjudged.

Good post. I do think one of the reviews loved TUTR, though.

Guest bluejean

Just a thought but the reviews we've had do sound like they're coming from people who are fans, not serious music critics. Gang Bang and I Don't Give A are the songs that have received the most praise, neither of which sound particularly commercial. You can kind of tell already why those ones weren't released.

Although assuming its catchy, I would have LOVED to start the era off with a song called 'I Don't Give A.' THAT would have been brilliant. I guess the Superbowl got in the way of that approach.