GIRL GONE WILD: NEW THREAD

Yummy

Madonna: 'Girl Gone Wild' - Single review

Published Friday, Mar 2 2012, 17:13 GMT | By Robert Copsey

We're just going to come out and say it: Madonna's new single isn't quite the event our minds had hyped it up to be. That said, glancing over the production credits for her forthcoming album MDNA - electropop whizz Martin Solveig, Ray of Light's William Orbit and Chris Brown-career-reviving Benny Benassi - perhaps nothing would have lived up to our over-inflated expectations.

Helmed by the latter producer (and his cousin Alle), 'Girl Gone Wild' is a euphoric, four-to-the-floor club thumper with a chorus that commands you raise your arms amongst all the euphoria. It's not the most forward-thinking track she's ever turned out musically or lyrically ("Girls they just wanna have some fun/ Get fired up like a smoking gun"), nor the most original, but we defy anyone who isn't singing this back to themselves immediately after.

3/5

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/singlesreviews/a369057/madonna-girl-gone-wild-single-review.html

guess this is their new way of re-inventing the wheel...send it out to itunes-it will only count three days for next weeks charts (yes i'm still on that, lol)...but it helps build awareness maybe and the lyric video generated a lot of buzz in itself...i wonder when the radio add date will be, next week i hope...let the promotion build on its own it seems...i am sure she'll promote closer to the album

i am glad everyone is gettin it on itunes though!

So.... is she just gonna expect everyone to buy this or is she going to promote it?

I was just wondering the same thing. But her schedule seems so tight with only 2 months of tour rehearsals and then 2 more weeks in Israel then the tour begins! When does she have time to promote this in person? The radio interviews are ok but definitly NOT enough.

It IS available on Amazon, and thanks to this free mp3 deal they have today I got it :lmao: it sounds so lush! And yes the intro is included.

Even if you use the free deal, it still counts as a digital sale.

So go GET it, you have no excuse.

can I get the Amazon link?

Guest ditaluver

oh man I purchased this morning through amazon. got the song! LOVES it....

but I just got an email from Amazon saying my credit card on file is expired and they are cancelling my order. I already got the song fools!

ill purchase again on itunes when I get home :)

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS!!!!!

just bought it on itunes.

wiig.gif

you have NO IDEA how bad it was killing me when my friend texted me saying it was on itunes and i was STUCK A WORK. :dramatic:

and THEN i got stuck in an hour and a half long traffic jam on the way home.

BUT NOW IT'S MINEZ!!!! AND ITS ON REPEAT!!!!

OMG IT SOUNDS SO FABULOUS IN HQ!!!!!

tumblr_ls80ib46Go1qdlkgg.gif

popping my mussy to it right now, tbh.

I think they have this strategy: they put it out without any announcement today on iTunes... hardcore fans already know this and begin to buy it. Now it just entered in Top 100. The will make a big announcement on Monday or sometime next week and everybody will know about it and will start to buy and it will be easier to rise on top by the end of the second week charting.

This song is so addictive!! I've listened to it over and over and over...it's so catchy and fun!!!

I agree!!! I was so STRESSED OUT on my way to a school meeting :sour: and the only thing that made me feel better was this song. I had it on replay! I LOVE it. Thank You MADONNA :bow::inlove: