GMAYL Appreciation

IslandBreeze

I adore this song. It's so great, it's so much fun and at a loss of all pretenses. For me, it's on par with I Love New York, which also wouldn't make a good single, but is still strong song with a lot of energy and a punch. I literally cannot wait to own the album so I can pop the CD in my car and bump GMAYL at high volumes wherever I drive during the summer. I'm sure that will feel amazing and I think that's what this song was created for. This song is MADE for that. To make listeners FEEL happy. And that's exactly what it does for me.

Charts don't dictate my tastes, but it's cool that the song made the top ten. The video is great and she looks effortlessly sexy while still having fun. M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj are two of my favorite artists and having them on a great Madonna song is just superb. The single cover is hot. She performed the hell out of the song at the Super Bowl and gave it its rightful place among her hits.

What's not to love about this song?

:clap:

I think what I've been reading and hearing from the majority is... most like the song. Some like it very very much and some not as much. Most agree it probably wasn't the best first single choice. And for me, I think that's okay because some of the best and greatest songs from many artists weren't always the LEAD single. Whatever the case, I have to agree with the fact that song seems to be one of those "feel good" songs where you can just sing along and have fun. I don't think it's meant to be one of those type of songs that people should mull over too long and dissect if it's the greatest pop song ever. Someone else mentioned how it may be a good summer song with your top down, blaring from your car stereos. I agree. Maybe it wasn't anymore than a top 10 hit in certain regions for a blip, but at least it's catchy and fun. That's all that matters.

I do love this song. It sounds fresh and different to what is played on radio right now with it's 60's vibe. I can definitely see where some would say it's reminiscent of Beautiful Stranger and Amazing but while those two songs vocals are more mannered GMAYL takes me back to songs like Angel, True Blue and Cherish where she sounds so breezy and effortless. Just straight up pop!

The video really took my love for it to another level. I feel like it really captured the feeling of the song. Finally a return to form for her in that area!

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I actually like that LMFAO mix. :sneaky:

Q Magazine has listed Give My All Your Luvin' as #1 Essential Track for this month:

"Now that the furore over that Super Bowl appearance and MIA's middle finger has died down, this still stands as Madonna's finest pop moment in a decade. Flanked by a snarling MIA and Nicki Minaj's cartoonish giddiness, the 53-year-old shows no signs of relinquishing that Queen of Pop status just yet"

I have to agree..

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i love it. if i ever make a 'fuck's top 50 vadge songs' it will definitely be there.

it's so much fun, and i play it all the time. literally. it's the most played song on my ipod. :lol:

the video was amazing as well. it's such a shame so many fans seemed determined to hate this song, no matter what. it's awesome.