GMAYL Appreciation

IslandBreeze

I love GMAYL. I have since I heard it last year. It's unpretentions and a so catchy. I love the video and let's all agree that it was not a buzz single. I have my theories on why it didn't sell as well but to say it didn't sell because it's a bad song is ridiculous. Katy Perry has had 5 unpretentions and catchy number one singles. Celebration sounds like most songs on the radio now and it did even worse.

Anyway, I'm glad we got this video and the performance on Super Bowl. I think GMAYL is a lot like Angel. Not a huge chart performance but it's one of her poppiest songs. It's not a Jimmy Jimmy.

Anyway, how many more enjoy it??

At first, i really didn't like it, even dismissing it as a re-hash of Beautiful Stranger and Amazing... but I must admit the cheering at that time was very catchy...

I learned to love it around December when W.E. screenings are in full force, made ma wanted to listen to this new era thru MASTERPIECE and the GMAYL leak...

Loved it to the full ever since the video and the final version came out...

GMAYL, 38th MADONNA TOP 10 in the HOT100, 4 more than her closest rival, the Beatles...

Here's to looking forward to 41st #1 in the DANCE CHARTs...

I liked it when it first leaked, and I like it now with the added changes and guest vocalists. But I guess I am biased since I am not too picky about what Madonna sings and releases. Over all, she doesn't just feed us shit songs. But I guess everyone has their opinions of what are shitty songs and what aren't. Doesn't matter to me. I'll still enjoy them while others will simply bitch and moan about them...

i've been very vocal about the fact that i dig "GMAYL." that being said, i think we all know she has it in her to come up with something a helluva lot better. meaning maybe a little deeper, and for sure with a bit more of a punch. i think that's what's got some fans upset. i WANT madonna to go big. i WANT madonna to kick ass. i WANT madonna.

It's not a terrible song. It's just a poor lead single choice. I'm sure it fits well as an album track but it is what it is, a fun pop effort that has a good vibe in it but lacks the feeling of a lead song to launch an album.

I can definitely enjoy it as an album filler just like 'Amazing' is on Music.

Not in my top 20 Madonna tracks or anything, but I like it. I still rate it higher than "4 Minutes," in which she gave Timberlake too much to do (she should have sang most of the track).

me too... i like GMAYL better than 4M... i have always skipped this song in the album as early as around May 2008...

my reaction to 4M is the reverse of GMAYL...

anyhow, congrats to the MINORITY for being able to send this song the TOP10...

While it's not one of my *favorite* Madonna singles,I enjoy it for what it is: a light,fun,catchy electropop number.The song did what it was supposed to do: it gave Madonna her 38th American Top 10 hit,announced her return,and was the perfect way to promote/hype her SuperBowl appearance.Mission accomplished.

I dont understand the comparison to Amazing or Beautiful Stranger. Both were strong, clever, adult songs. GMAYL is better than 4 minutes deffinately, but its really childish... I love certain parts in it (Dont play that stupid game...), but I hate others (I see you coming...) and I understand why it failed. The people wanted Frozen, Hung Up heck even Music, but we got GMAYL thats just not strong enough... I cant understand how you go from an album filled with amazing songs (COADF minus Push) to this being your lead single. HU, Sorry, GT, Jump are all stronger than GMAYL.

I dont understand the comparison to Amazing or Beautiful Stranger. Both were strong, clever, adult songs. GMAYL is better than 4 minutes deffinately, but its really childish... I love certain parts in it (Dont play that stupid game...), but I hate others (I see you coming...) and I understand why it failed. The people wanted Frozen, Hung Up heck even Music, but we got GMAYL thats just not strong enough... I cant understand how you go from an album filled with amazing songs (COADF minus Push) to this being your lead single. HU, Sorry, GT, Jump are all stronger than GMAYL.

uhm, the thread is GMAYL appreciation... we don't need another thread where M-fans are going to bash it to bits...

Love it to bits. Its so different compared what is out there at the moment. It would have been so easy for her to come up with some crappy Guetta song but she chose another path :clap:

I love it probably more than any 2000 single so far..its just perfect.

If it had been sung by anyone other than a woman in her 50s, it would have been much better received.

Absolutely.If Katy Perry had recorded this song,it would be Number One right now.Some fans act as if it's the *quality* of the song that prevented it from being a massive hit,but ageism plays a huge role.

I think MDNA should have a 60's section on the tour. It could have GMAYL, Beautiful Stranger and she could reinvent an older song with guitar. It's win-win. YAY!

i like the idea... she's never done a 60's theme in her tours right? i mean a really 60s theme... she did 70s iin the Girlie Show DAD which was fab... :inlove:

is not her best song, but I like it more than others that are always praised, as beautiful stranger.maybe people were waiting for mature madonna? and this is highschool cheerleader material...but well done material.Anyways, I hope the next single is more "europe oriented" than this

Guest astonishing!

I love it. Insanely catchy and has a great, fun video. And the performance at the Superbowl absolutely brought the song to life for me, as she does with all her songs. I think both the raps are great, they fit perfectly. I'm definitely going to want some more depth for the album, but as far as singles go it's great to have something which is pure fun.

I adore this song. It's so great, it's so much fun and at a loss of all pretenses. For me, it's on par with I Love New York, which also wouldn't make a good single, but is still strong song with a lot of energy and a punch. I literally cannot wait to own the album so I can pop the CD in my car and bump GMAYL at high volumes wherever I drive during the summer. I'm sure that will feel amazing and I think that's what this song was created for. This song is MADE for that. To make listeners FEEL happy. And that's exactly what it does for me.

Charts don't dictate my tastes, but it's cool that the song made the top ten. The video is great and she looks effortlessly sexy while still having fun. M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj are two of my favorite artists and having them on a great Madonna song is just superb. The single cover is hot. She performed the hell out of the song at the Super Bowl and gave it its rightful place among her hits.

What's not to love about this song?