MDNA WONT B PROMOTED!

acko

This is downright STRANGE!

Yes fair enough she didn't do promotion for her albums when they came out back in the 80s - but things were very very very different back then.

I was thinking about it - and you have to go a full 18 years back to the release of BEDTIME STORIES in 1994 - that's the last full Madonna studio album where she hasn't done any TV shows or promo gigs at the time of the album's release. A few months later she did do a load of promo (MTV No Bull, AMAs, Brit Awards, San Remo, Pajama Party), but nothing really when the album went on sale.

Guy has confirmed that there will be no TV shows or promo gigs this time round - but even stranger than that I've heard nothing about any major magazine spreads or covers. They would pretty much be out by now anyway if they were happening.

So even if you go back to the 80s albums True Blue & Like A Prayer you had major Rolling Stone magazine appearances amongst others (right at the time the album hit stores!). And for every album since then she's always done major magazine promotion (Q, Attitude, Vanity Fair, Interview, etc. etc.).

Nothing this time is downright wierd.

And in the UK - with the lead single flopped and most radio ignoring her - no magazines, TV or promo gigs means I don't know how the album is gonna get sold.

this is her attempt at changing the wheel

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Curious to know what they have planned.

There is virtually no hype about the album. How are they going to reach out to

the general public and casual fans? The hardcore fans on fansites everyday are

well informed. Prehaps they are going to use digital media a lot more.

I just think they're being quiet until the launch. No use putting in too much effort at the moment when you can't buy anything. I imagine the week of the launch there will be a lot of activity. The superbowl build up was amazing and Facebook was, for once, used very well. I think it's the singles activity that is all over the place but I imagine the album launch will be much more coordinated.

WTF AND THAT IS PROMOTION!!! LOL holy we're all doomed

of course all around the world the album is being sold with the tour tickets, so the album is already doing ok so far, LOL

I just think they're being quiet until the launch. No use putting in too much effort at the moment when you can't buy anything. I imagine the week of the launch there will be a lot of activity. The superbowl build up was amazing and Facebook was, for once, used very well. I think it's the singles activity that is all over the place but I imagine the album launch will be much more coordinated.

The album will be out in 20 days! There is no reason to be quiet now, in a matter of fact this is the time she should be everywhere! If she can't do any tv promo she could at least be in some magazine cover or give a few interviews between the rehearsals...

the fact that she is on NO magazine covers will make NO tv appearances this must be intentional she and her label are not that stupid surely :lmao:

Guest Little Red

They might be trying out what the least possible input is when releasing an album and still be able to sell enough. :blink:

Madonna has clearly not enjoyed an inverview over the past 10 or so years, she's bored to bits by having to explain herself over and over. Look at that interview in the SUN yesterday, good grief! she might as well not do any interviews at all.

Going by the positive response to the Super Bowl performance I think it would have been great if she did a short promo concert like Brixton Academy in 2000 with a live webcast and use social media to promote the hell out of that. Would have, could have, should have....

TWITTER: hey! we are still going to do things.. just not a promo tour.. don't think so traditionally.. :)

oops! lol its from guy oseary

I suppose he means PHOTOGRAPHS of her BRUISES on twitter. What a clueless fuck. :lmao:

*Mods, please don't edit my posts, thanks. :)*

I suppose he means PHOTOGRAPHS of her BRUISES on twitter. What a clueless fuck. :lmao:

i have diarrhea omg. this is good though cuz it'll help with my recent bout of constipation. one extreme to the other, etc.

Have you written a thesis on how gang bang is a device to desensitise us all from mass murder yet?

They might be trying out what the least possible input is when releasing an album and still be able to sell enough. :blink:

Madonna has clearly not enjoyed an inverview over the past 10 or so years, she's bored to bits by having to explain herself over and over. Look at that interview in the SUN yesterday, good grief! she might as well not do any interviews at all.

Going by the positive response to the Super Bowl performance I think it would have been great if she did a short promo concert like Brixton Academy in 2000 with a live webcast and use social media to promote the hell out of that. Would have, could have, should have....

That's what I was hoping for. Some type of promotional concert in HD that would be streamed worldwide! It's still possible I guess. Maybe even when she starts to tour. She's just so pressed for time on rehearsing. She usually has more time. This is all a huge amount of work and promotion for so many different things; gym, perfume, sneakers, clothing line, album, movie, tour. I know she's not nessecarily promoting a bunch of those, but all those deals have their own thins going on constantly.

Guest Not4Pussies

the great thing about not having a promo tour is that besides the GMAYL performance on the SB, we have no idea what to expect for the tour.

the great thing about not having a promo tour is that besides the GMAYL performance on the SB, we have no idea what to expect for the tour.

As if 95% of the people on here aren't going to jump on the leaks May 29th. :lmao:

Guest Not4Pussies

As if 95% of the people on here aren't going to jump on the leaks May 29th. :lmao:

im referring to how usually she has a promo tour performance and what she does during the performance

we later see it on tour. it will all be new and fresh to us.

that's what i meant.

THAT PICTURE COULD BE ANYTHING! FACK, lol

her interview with the SUN or whatever, part 2 came out today...where she admits the creative well has run dry and she has no ideas

THAT PICTURE COULD BE ANYTHING! FACK, lol

her interview with the SUN or whatever, part 2 came out today...where she admits the creative well has run dry and she has no ideas

that interview is probably a few weeks old. and believe me the most creative people go on a dry spell from time to time ;) im sure she'll find something inspiring (she clearly already has)