MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

i find it funny that now madonna is finally giving us bonus tracks, acoustic and remix versions...and shes doing damage control.

finally getting cool stuff and people still bitch about it!

I agree...there's too much bitching going on.Madonna is doing so much for us and fans are still complaining.Makes no sense.

GMAYL was not poorly received. It was a Top 10 hit and has sold close to 400,000 copies. And if Madonna went by the response from some of her "fans" on various forums, she would not have released anything in the last decade. This is not damage control, it's track list editing, which before the Internet era we would not even have been aware occurred unless it was revealed years later as some trivia in a book or interview. Jesus Christ, some of you.

AMEN!

I agree...there's too much bitching going on.Madonna is doing so much for us and fans are still complaining.Makes no sense.

But some of us are head over heels in love with GMAYL and GGW and can't wait for the cd!!

But some of us are head over heels in love with GMAYL and GGW and can't wait for the cd!!

Me included!! Love both singles, happy fan indeed :)

Who gives a fuck? You could go through the entire history of the charts and make excuses for why certain songs were hits (99 cent singles, artist died, etc.). The fact is the song is a Top 10 hit. 400,000 people were not forced to buy the single. And if they did buy it just because it's the lead single from Madonna, well good: they made it a hit! Just because radio stations don't spin your track and some bitchy queens on Mnation project their own personal feelings onto the song does not make it poorly received.

Thanks for saying this.At the end of the day,the only thing that matters is that GMAYL was a hit (in most places).In America,it became Madonna's 38th Top 10 hit single.That's really all that matters.

[/b]

Me included!! Love both singles, happy fan indeed :)

Such a great era! I am celebrating by playing all of her albums this month. God I love this woman!

I don't get why some people automatically think that acoustic must=depth or, conversely, that some "dance" elements must=superficial. You can sing "If You're Happy & You Know It" on the guitar, just sayin'... it won't make it a Joni piece regardless. I would rather listen to the full album AND get the acoustic versions of some of the songs as a bonus, not to replace anything that I have yet to hear. I'm not sure where they're going with a banjo... country? I'll wait and see (and hope for the best). I hate to say it, but despite that PJ comment, I think that the reviews are probably going to be mild to not that great regardless of how good the output may possibly be, just given how certain elements of the press seem to be latching onto whatever "backlash" is going on right now. It's like it comes in waves. I hope I'm wrong and they're mostly pretty good if the album is.

Edited by Louise Oriole

Orbit never said they're replacing the rocky songs on the album with some acoustic versions. He talked about EXTRA TRACKS. Probably one of these tracks will be track 18 on the itunes pre-ordered deluxe edition. I'd love some special songs for the cd only release though.

yeah,it's important to realize that *NOTHING* is being replaced.No songs are being removed or re-worked.Anything they add now is just an extra bonus,but the album itself is all finished.This is not an example of damage control.

I posted a comment before about how MadonnaTribe stated that the extra acoustic versions were not damage control, but rather part of the original plan all along.

I wasn't saying the songs were going to be replaced by acoustic versions, I was just making a comment about those who want that because they somehow think that if it's acoustic that automatically means it has more depth. I would rather get the whole album & also the extra acoustic songs as a bonus, which seems to be what they're doing anyway.

Now that you've heard that the talented Mika and Joe Henry are among the pool of co-writers of the upcoming record, MadonnaTribe can exclusively report - for the very first time - the names of the songs they penned.

Mika is co-writer of "Gang Bang", the beautiful and intriguing song previously know as "Bang Bang" and produced by William Orbit together with the Demolition Crew.

Joe Henry shares the writing credits with his sister in law on "Falling Free", again a song co-produced by William Orbit that has been chosen as the one wrapping up the Standard edition CD of MDNA.

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

i cant wait for the forum meltdown! its going to be EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dramatic:

:lol:

so true.

Guest groovyguy

Not sure if this was posted.

http://idolator.com/6159842/madonna-mdna-album-cover

Madonna’s ‘MDNA’ Album Cover: How Does It Compare To Her Past LPs?

Madonna-MDNA-album-cover.jpg

Madonna has always been one of pop’s most colorful figures, which is something that’s quite evident with the cover art for MDNA, her upcoming 12th studio LP (out March 26). Here the prolific Material Girl is shown through the prism of what looks like a multi-hued gem. With her blonde locks pulled back and head slightly tilted to the side, there’s almost a hint of the cover of Madge’s classic 1986 LP True Blue.

In looking back on Madonna’s album covers since the turn of the millennium, the singer has worn quite a few coats — something we’ve come to expect.

With 2000’s Music, a denim-and-cowboy-hat-clad M posed in front of a vintage car. Here she was Americana incarnate, a persona she’d turn on its head with politically-tinged 2003 release American Life. Madge got a spanking by US radio (read: she was virtually banned on the airwaves) for her so-called anti-American sentiments on the album, so Confessions On A Dancefloor found her heading straight to the disco in 2005 — a return to her roots, if you will. Appropriately, the cover art had Her Madgesty on her knees, bathing in the strobes and glitterball shimmer.

And then there was 2008’s Hard Candy, the cover of which depicted the sticky and sweet singer looking, let’s face it, rather hard herself in her leather boxing dominatrix gear amidst some questionable Photoshop work.

MDNA seems to symbolize exactly how we’ve collectively viewed pop’s reigning queen since she came roaring into our consciousness nearly 30 years ago — from many angles. We’ve dissected her to death and probably projected our own persona onto her at times.

Yes, she may have bounced and writhed through different shades of the color spectrum over the decades. But in the end, one thing remains crystal clear: she always is and always will be uniquely Madonna.

I don't care if they add a million songs on to MDNA . More Music from Madonna = Goodies !

Whatever issues I have so far with this era, the album cover still holds up. One of her BEST ever.

Not sure if this was posted.

http://idolator.com/6159842/madonna-mdna-album-cover

Madonna’s ‘MDNA’ Album Cover: How Does It Compare To Her Past LPs?

Madonna-MDNA-album-cover.jpg

Madonna has always been one of pop’s most colorful figures, which is something that’s quite evident with the cover art for MDNA, her upcoming 12th studio LP (out March 26). Here the prolific Material Girl is shown through the prism of what looks like a multi-hued gem. With her blonde locks pulled back and head slightly tilted to the side, there’s almost a hint of the cover of Madge’s classic 1986 LP True Blue.

In looking back on Madonna’s album covers since the turn of the millennium, the singer has worn quite a few coats — something we’ve come to expect.

With 2000’s Music, a denim-and-cowboy-hat-clad M posed in front of a vintage car. Here she was Americana incarnate, a persona she’d turn on its head with politically-tinged 2003 release American Life. Madge got a spanking by US radio (read: she was virtually banned on the airwaves) for her so-called anti-American sentiments on the album, so Confessions On A Dancefloor found her heading straight to the disco in 2005 — a return to her roots, if you will. Appropriately, the cover art had Her Madgesty on her knees, bathing in the strobes and glitterball shimmer.

And then there was 2008’s Hard Candy, the cover of which depicted the sticky and sweet singer looking, let’s face it, rather hard herself in her leather boxing dominatrix gear amidst some questionable Photoshop work.

MDNA seems to symbolize exactly how we’ve collectively viewed pop’s reigning queen since she came roaring into our consciousness nearly 30 years ago — from many angles. We’ve dissected her to death and probably projected our own persona onto her at times.

Yes, she may have bounced and writhed through different shades of the color spectrum over the decades. But in the end, one thing remains crystal clear: she always is and always will be uniquely Madonna.

Anybody else glad to see the B-day song moved to being a bonus track? :D

Based on that clip, yes. But who knows what it'll really sound like in the end...and plus it doesn't really change anything considering we will all listen/buy the deluxe version anyway.

Based on that clip, yes. But who knows what it'll really sound like in the end...and plus it doesn't really change anything considering we will all listen/buy the deluxe version anyway.

Yes that clip wasn't very promising. But I didn't think the GGW clip was promising ( from the snippets ) until I heard the full version + the remix then I changed my mind .

FORM SOMEONE WHO HAS HEARD MDNA ALREADY: I can't share it, only give an opinion. Only listened once.

You will be shocked - one way or another. It's like nothing you've heard from her in 20 years (as a whole album). It's eclectic and very interesting and thoughtful. What more can I say? Better than 'Hard Candy', more energetic than other albums but, also more quality than the last 2. Confessions crossed with Erotica. Weird - but in a really nice lovely way.

FORM SOMEONE WHO HAS HEARD MDNA ALREADY: I can't share it, only give an opinion. Only listened once.

You will be shocked - one way or another. It's like nothing you've heard from her in 20 years (as a whole album). It's eclectic and very interesting and thoughtful. What more can I say? Better than 'Hard Candy', more energetic than other albums but, also more quality than the last 2. Confessions crossed with Erotica. Weird - but in a really nice lovely way.

OH MY DEAR GOD.