MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

all these damage control based on what? on tracks already written and recorded months ago? or because she's maybe recording some acoustic trcks? so do you think M hopes some acoustic redords will drive the project?

more and more 'fans' hoping for a flop out there...and that said from someone not exactly happy with GGW (that seems a lame remix of a good song).

still hopeful for the orbit and henry tracks..

ps: mika over solveig all the time.

thesis:

m recorded this album very fast.

at the venice premiere of her movie she said she just did a little work and would be in the studio till the end of the year.

Give Me All Your Luvin and Girl Gone Wild were caught on film blasting from her home before then.

Guest ditaluver

i find it funny that now madonna is finally giving us bonus tracks, acoustic and remix versions...and shes doing damage control.

finally getting cool stuff and people still bitch about it!

Guest bluejean

Exactly. Did it ever occur to people that maybe she just feels INSPIRED to do more stuff.

I do think too the inclusion of bonus tracks has alot to do with all the leaks that have occurred. She's probably thinking "People stole them and got hold of them last time, I may as well just release everything." Especially since artists like Gaga are doing it.

I've visited other Madonna forums, the response to GGW has been pretty negative, this coming from her own fans. You'd have to be pretty naive to think that William Orbit, who is active on his Twitter account, hasn't been paying attention to the internet reactions to both singles. Billboard and Rolling Stone slated GMAYL, her first single. Madonna seems pretty out to lunch which the general response so of course William Orbit will say "the tracks aren't representative of the album as a whole". Clearly he is listening! Then why release them and turn off even the casual listener who hasn't heard new Madonna material in 4 years?

None of Madonna's fans want her to flop at all. I'm still holding out hope for the deluxe edition that they'll be some great stuff, Masterpiece sounds wonderful. But MDNA isn't going over as well as it should be based on the released music so far.

GMAYL was not poorly received. It was a Top 10 hit and has sold close to 400,000 copies. And if Madonna went by the response from some of her "fans" on various forums, she would not have released anything in the last decade. This is not damage control, it's track list editing, which before the Internet era we would not even have been aware occurred unless it was revealed years later as some trivia in a book or interview. Jesus Christ, some of you.

GMAYL was not poorly received. It was a Top 10 hit and has sold close to 400,000 copies. And if Madonna went by the response from some of her "fans" on various forums, she would not have released anything in the last decade. This is not damage control, it's track list editing, which before the Internet era we would not even have been aware occurred unless it was revealed years later as some trivia in a book or interview. Jesus Christ, some of you.

:clap:

So what was the original track listing of the album?

Damage control or not, 2 me it's more of an indication that M isn't 100% invested, much like HC.

It's such an 'industry' thing to do, 2 fuck with a track listing after it's been put out there.

This whole internet way of promo doesn't suit the bitch imo, it's all prep for disposability. Buzz single? Gimme a break :rolleyes:

In the good old days we called it a 'flop' or a 'radio hit' :lol:

Meanwhile, as I'm typing this, my mama just came over & she's cooking me soup while singing along 2 Love Profusion in my kitchen :inlove:

I still have high hopes for MDNA tho..don't ask me why, but I've got a good feeling about this... :fag:

sidenote, acko's mama on GGW: "That must b a joke" :chuckle:

Guest bluejean

That's not what I heard. She started listening to demos during S&S tour 2009. She's been working on this project since 2009. Once the songs are ready for recording, the recording is done quickly.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/22/martin-solveig-madonna-was-very-gentle-with-william-with-me-she-was-more-harsh-and-direct/

MARTIN SOLVEIG on working with Madonna:

Madonna wanted to work with two or three of them to keep a certain coherence in the album. We had a great connection and in the end we worked on six tracks.

It was a pretty crazy encounter. We laughed a lot in the studio. At one time, we were working together. He in his own studio, I was in mine, but in the same building. Madonna went from one room to the other. We exchanged a lot.

She was very gentle with him. With me, she was more harsh and direct.

She’s somebody who pushes people and I think that she allows them to give it their best.

Yes! She’s very generous on the copyright and credits. She’s very fair.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/29/william-orbit-the-singles-that-have-come-out-arent-necessarily-representative/

William Orbit on working with Madonna

It was six the last time I counted, but we keep adding special tracks.

She’s driving the train, but I come along happily.

We definitely been working together for a long time, so there’s a certain telepathy. We tend to get into the guitar zone now. We get the acoustics out and do it campfire style.

I’m not a great singer, I sound like a mosquito trapped in a bottle. She’s a fabulous singer, but she’s very forgiving. She just wants it to work as a song. That’s where we start.

Exactly!

There are multiple producers. These producers have probably cleared their entire schedules and worked round the clock to get the music done. Madonna was amongst them the entire time. Just because she didn't sit and co-produce every single bit of every single song does not mean she has not had ample input and made all the final decisions. She has overseen the whole project. Not only that but had years to come up with her own lyrics, melodies and chord progressions. For all we know she records ideas with her guitar while she's on the road or at night after shooting the film. Aside from that, many of Madonna's best songs seem to be primarily written by other people and she has just come in and made minor changes to lyrics or melody. Why does it matter? People involved with the Superbowl and the music video have indicated she is still involved in every little detail of everything. A control freak like Madonna would not "Phone in" on an album. People are only saying that because they don't personally like what they've heard. I'm not huge on GMAYL personally, but the melody sounds VERY Madonna to me, it's pretty obvious she wrote that one.

GMAYL was not poorly received. It was a Top 10 hit and has sold close to 400,000 copies.

:doh:

Please that was because the hype alone! It sold 40000000 gazillions copies because it is MADONNA'S LEAD SINGLE of a new album that has been anticipated for the last 4 years! It hit the top10 because of the BIG push it got from the label but it didn't sustained there dropping almost out of the top40 immediately!

wow, this has worked with me. I really want to listen to those extra tracks! :clap: Love that we are having some deluxe Madonna at last! Just a question: are the albums released the same day or the regular version one day and the deluxe later?

Klas Ahlund for Musical Director of M's new tour PLEASE!!!!

Unfortunately...she's gone with Kevin Antunes...................................HORRIBLE! again!

Guest bluejean

They probably changed the tracklisting because she decided to do those tracks on tour rather than what was on the original standard edition. I can't see her performing songs from the deluxe.

wow, this has worked with me. I really want to listen to those extra tracks! :clap: Love that we are having some deluxe Madonna at last! Just a question: are the albums released the same day or the regular version one day and the deluxe later?

In the states they release them simultaneously the day of release.

Guest groovyguy

Same day.

Then don't go to the tour! Give your ticket to someone that actually wants to see her.

EXCUSE ME?!!! who the fuck do you think you are talking to?!

I think he's a horrible musical director..........this DOES NOT mean.....I am not going to see the MUTHA' FUCKIN' QUEEN! ...........ok? darling? so eat a pork chop, have some milk and shut the fuck up!