MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

I m not surprised with the fate of Solveig's material... What I heard: GMAYL and the snippet of Birthday Song: it doesnt sound good... Lets hope the other songs are much better, because for me Solveig is very hit and miss with his own music: so there might be some great tracks there...

Yes. But if they were insecure with his material they should go at first for something more safe like the Orbit tracks (we don't know yet but they may be less risque than the Solveig tracks). At this point the album should be ready and everything planned. Maybe they are surprised by the public reaction and want to change the game in the last minute.

from Madonnatribe:

Also featured in the album are LMFAO, Mika - who has been rumoured to be on the verge of collaborating with Madonna for a long time and finally does it on MDNA sharing the writing credits of one new song, "Girls on Film" author Klas Ahlund and last but not least brother in law and "Don’t Tell Me", "Jump" and "Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You" co-writer Joe Henry.

I love the Songs by Joe Henry and Klas Ahlund....

Guest ditaluver

from Madonnatribe:

Also featured in the album are LMFAO, Mika - who has been rumoured to be on the verge of collaborating with Madonna for a long time and finally does it on MDNA sharing the writing credits of one new song, "Girls on Film" author Klas Ahlund and last but not least brother in law and "Don’t Tell Me", "Jump" and "Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You" co-writer Joe Henry.

I love the Songs by Joe Henry and Klas Ahlund....

ok so they all collaborated and made 1 song? this is written poorly

I smell a bit of damage control. They have seen how poorly GMAYL was recieved and

decided to act quickly.

I don't think so. After all, if that was the case, I think she would've recorded a new song and made it the second single. Simply adding additional tracks isn't going to make casual fans buy the record. They will buy based on what they've heard. Only hardcore fans care about such tracks, and we already got ours on pre-order.

I still think this is tour-related. However, I suppose it is possible she may release additional songs on a second disc - just seems weird at this point.

Guest groovyguy

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6629

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/01/new-mdna-collaborators-announced-mika-klas-ahlund-and-joe-henry/

New MDNA collaborators announced: Mika, Klas Ahlund and Joe Henry

Universal Music Italia just revealed some new information on Madonna’s upcoming album MDNA.

MDNA, recorded in New York and LA, reunites Madonna with former collaborator William Orbit (“Ray of Light”) who co-wrote and co-produced several cuts on the new album. Other co-producers include Martin Solveig, The Demolition Crew, Marco “Benny” Benassi and Alessandro “Alle” Benassi, Hardy “Indiigo” Muanza, Michael Malih and Madonna.

We already revealed that Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. were featured on the lead single “Give me all your Luvin’” and also featured separately on two different tracks.

Now Universal Music Italia confirms that “I Don’t Give A” features Nicki Minaj and, as we already know, “B-day song” features M.I.A.

Other collaborators are LMFAO, Klas Ahlund, Joe Henry and Mika, who co-wrote one of the songs.

The Swedish songwriter and record producer Klas Ahlund has already worked with the likes of Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue, but was also co-writer and producer for the incredible “Body Talk” albums by Robyn.

Madonna’s brother-in-law Joe Henry is no stranger and worked with Madonna in the past on titles such as “Don’t Tell me”, “Jump”, and “Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You”.

They also confirmed that MDNA will be available in two versions:

- Standard version (12 tracks)

- Deluxe version (17 tracks – 2CDs)

Guest ditaluver

i fucking love her work with joe henry, so Im very pleased about this.

i dont understand these people claming "damage control"

Guest groovyguy

01. Girl Gone Wild - Benny Benassi

02. Gang Bang - William Orbit

03. I'm Addicted - Benny Benassi

04. Turn Up the Radio - Martin Solveig

05. Give Me All Your Luvin' [Feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.] - Martin Solveig

06. Some Girls - William Orbit

07. Superstar – Indiigo/Malih

08. I Don't Give A - [Feat. Nicki Minaj] Martin Solveig

09. I'm a Sinner - William Orbit

10. Love Spent - William Orbit

11. Masterpiece - William Orbit

12. Falling Free - William Orbit

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks:

13. Beautiful Killer - Martin Solveig

14. I Fucked Up - Martin Solveig

15. B-Day Song [Feat. M.I.A.] - Martin Solveig

16. Best Friend - Benny Benassi

Guest Not4Pussies

She should've just worked with Klas Ahlund as a producer instead of Solveig. And does this mean LMFAO are featured in a completely different song besides their remit? Things look messy.

i dont understand these people claming "damage control"

The public hasn't latched onto the released material. To convince those who aren't interested in buying her album without something they feel is solid--every single creative person involved with the project is saying all the heard tracks from the disc don't represent the sound of the whole. In the end this feels like it's going to be her least consistent sounding album since the 80s.

I'm really excited about MDNA, but i'm a bit pissed off how Nicki and MIA are on extra tracks as well as GMAYL. Reminds me of Justines appearances on HC.

I want MADONNA and no one else.

thesis:

m recorded this album very fast.

at the venice premiere of her movie she said she just did a little work and would be in the studio till the end of the year.

in november we heard that the record was done and was being mastered

we get 17 tracks or even more.

my guess is that m's input in the songs is very minimal. she just got the co-writers deliver songs to her and she recorded them with a little tweaking form her part.

how else can u write, create songs in such a short period of time??

thesis:

at the venice premiere of her movie she said she just did a little work and would be in the studio till the end of the year.

my guess is that m's input in the songs is very minimal. she just got the co-writers deliver songs to her and she recorded them with a little tweaking form her part.

She wrote INTO THE GROOVE in 5 minutes. Look how succesful it is.

Your point is invalid.

Klas Ahlund was at the top of my wishlist! The man is a COMPLETE GENIUS! His work with Robyn and for The Teddybears is REALLY TOP NOTCH! Even a cover version of "Girls On Film" for a H&M commercial is a complete masterpiece!!! She should have done the majority of the album with him!!!

Guest groovyguy

thesis:

That's not what I heard. She started listening to demos during S&S tour 2009. She's been working on this project since 2009. Once the songs are ready for recording, the recording is done quickly.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/22/martin-solveig-madonna-was-very-gentle-with-william-with-me-she-was-more-harsh-and-direct/

MARTIN SOLVEIG on working with Madonna:

Madonna wanted to work with two or three of them to keep a certain coherence in the album. We had a great connection and in the end we worked on six tracks.

It was a pretty crazy encounter. We laughed a lot in the studio. At one time, we were working together. He in his own studio, I was in mine, but in the same building. Madonna went from one room to the other. We exchanged a lot.

She was very gentle with him. With me, she was more harsh and direct.

She’s somebody who pushes people and I think that she allows them to give it their best.

Yes! She’s very generous on the copyright and credits. She’s very fair.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/02/29/william-orbit-the-singles-that-have-come-out-arent-necessarily-representative/

William Orbit on working with Madonna

It was six the last time I counted, but we keep adding special tracks.

She’s driving the train, but I come along happily.

We definitely been working together for a long time, so there’s a certain telepathy. We tend to get into the guitar zone now. We get the acoustics out and do it campfire style.

I’m not a great singer, I sound like a mosquito trapped in a bottle. She’s a fabulous singer, but she’s very forgiving. She just wants it to work as a song. That’s where we start.

I smell a bit of damage control. They have seen how poorly GMAYL was recieved and

decided to act quickly.

why not wait until GGW is released, at least?