MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Just an update on the sales numbers I posted - always difficult to figure out what the latest are as many published figures are long outdated - but it seems "Confessions" is likely beyond 12 million.

Hard Candy had reached 4 million by the end of its first year in release, and may have been beyond 5 million by late 09. If I can find the certification, I'd bet it reached platinum, or is close to platinum in America. Not bad for 27 years into your career.

Very hard to say what MDNA will do, but Madonna has been fairly consistent in sales across her career, with the exception of American Life and *maybe* Erotica. MDNA will out perform American Life. But if they are in fact going to count records sold with tix to the tour, who knows, it may hit 7-8 million.

Damage control, apparently.

Apparently not. From MadonnaTribe:

"..working on extra acoustic versions was part of M and WO's original plan"

And hadn't William previously said that the single (GMAYL) was not representative of the album? It doesn't seem like he's changing his tune.

Edited by Louise Oriole

I don't hear anything about quality control. I only hear additional special tracks and extra acoustic versions.

You’ve been kind of busy lately with Madonna. Was it six tracks on MDNA, the latest album which is about to come out?

WILLIAM ORBIT: It was six the last time I counted, but we keep adding special tracks.

You’re in touch [with Madonna], you’ve got to work with her tomorrow?

WILLIAM ORBIT: Probably tonight… What she has decided to do is extra accoustic versions. There’s some pretty hard, rocking tracks. There’s a very different variation of styles. Mostly pretty savage, actually. The singles that have come out aren’t necessarily representative.

Well, I feel like they're adding more orbit things in to appease the disappointed fans.

Guest Lovesong

I think they just make extra songs for the deluxe version maybe?

I heard that the deluxe version will have 2 CD disc...

''The physical release of the "MDNA" Deluxe Edition will be a 2 CD set. Disc One will be the same of the Standard edition, and the bonus tracks will be available on Disc Two.''

But 5 tracks is not very much for disc 2... so maybe they thought let's add some other tracks to disc 2?

Yeah,I think they're just recording some new stuff for the 2nd disc...to give fans more bang for their buck.For all intents and purposes,the album is all completed.Anything they add now is just a bonus.Adding a few acoustic versions is not "damage control".

I think they just make extra songs for the deluxe version maybe?

I heard that the deluxe version will have 2 CD disc...

''The physical release of the "MDNA" Deluxe Edition will be a 2 CD set. Disc One will be the same of the Standard edition, and the bonus tracks will be available on Disc Two.''

But 5 tracks is not very much for disc 2... so maybe they thought let's add some other tracks to disc 2?

The Deluxe Edition of Beyoncé's latest album has a second disc with just 6 tracks but of course there's more space on a cd. I hope it's not going to be a digital release only. We know the pre-ordered deluxe edition has 18 tracks and we don't know tracks 18 yet.

Really? That seems like a lot, have you got a breakdown of the sales figures by country?

Oh please, It so didn't. My guess is it sold LESS than the CT dvd, which globally I think reached sales of 1m. Which is very good 4 a music DVD.

Guest groovyguy

Well, I feel like they're adding more orbit things in to appease the disappointed fans.

Just because he said the singles that have come out arenÂ’t necessarily representative, some are assuming that. Well I feel that all he was saying is thereÂ’s a very different variation of styles. The album is eclectic. I don't think any one track from the album necessarily represents MDNA. The 3 songs we've heard so far, Masterpiece, GMAYL and GGW are all different sounding. For all we know, it might just be the additional 18th bonus track for the 'special' Deluxe version or tweaking the songs for the tour as M is already is in rehearsal.

Guest groovyguy

They've updated iTunes.

MDNA Tracklisting:

01. Girl Gone Wild

02. Gang Bang

03. I'm Addicted

04. Turn Up the Radio

05. Give Me All Your Luvin' [Feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.]

06. Some Girls

07. Superstar

08. I Don't Give A

09. I'm a Sinner

10. Love Spent

11. Masterpiece

12. Falling Free

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks:

13. Beautiful Killer

14. I Fucked Up

15. B-Day Song [Feat. M.I.A.]

16. Best Friend

17. Give Me All Your Luvin' (LMFAO Remix) [Feat. Nicki Minaj and LMFAO]

The first 10 songs are probably dance records with 3 ballads ending the album :sassy:

So now I can have a full dance album and the last 3 would go straight to my "Something To Remember" playlist :horn:

Guest groovyguy

01. Girl Gone Wild - Benny Benassi

02. Gang Bang - William Orbit

03. I'm Addicted - Benny Benassi

04. Turn Up the Radio - Martin Solveig

05. Give Me All Your Luvin' [Feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.] - Martin Solveig

06. Some Girls - William Orbit

07. Superstar – Indiigo/Malih

08. I Don't Give A - Martin Solveig

09. I'm a Sinner - William Orbit

10. Love Spent - William Orbit

11. Masterpiece - William Orbit

12. Falling Free - William Orbit

Deluxe Edition Bonus Tracks:

13. Beautiful Killer - Martin Solveig

14. I Fucked Up - Martin Solveig

15. B-Day Song [Feat. M.I.A.] - Martin Solveig

16. Best Friend - Benny Benassi

Guest groovyguy

so ok... on my itunes right now it has 'superstar' highlighted like you can buy it so i screamed a little and dropped some vodka and clicked... 'gimme all your luvin' again... yerwelcome m.

That's because they have not updated the preview link. Give Me All Your Luvin was track# 7 but is now track #5. Superstar which was track

#9 is now track #7.

Guest groovyguy

right now on us itunes track 7 is superstar but you can hear gmayl instead lol

gmayl is now retitled superstar for damage control. ;)

so only three tracks of solveig made it on the regular album.

That's what I was about to say.

I wouldn't be surprised if she herself has seen the negative reaction towards GMAYL and thought twice about his other songs.

Personally, I liked it...but I'm pleased Solveig has now took a back seat to Orbit on the standard edition.

so only three tracks of solveig made it on the regular album.

what to think of that??

Maybe it is a reflexion of what happened to GMAYL... but i'm very surprised that at this point they are still working on it.

I m not surprised with the fate of Solveig's material... What I heard: GMAYL and the snippet of Birthday Song: it doesnt sound good... Lets hope the other songs are much better, because for me Solveig is very hit and miss with his own music: so there might be some great tracks there...