MDNA Album Thread

IslandBreeze

Guest bluejean

Well it's not like the info that's been posted here was lifted straight from the booklet information. She could very well have made changes to the lyrics that just aren't known yet.

Exactly. Madonna is not going to allow herself to be left off writing credits. Unless she has no choice, like Bedtime Story or You Must Love Me.

Guest bluejean

Interesting that the tracklist has changed quite dramatically. Seems to be to do with M.I.A. :lol: ALthough I thought Guy said other song titles were changed? The liar.

I can't believe this album will have SIXTEEN new Madonna songs. It's almost 2 albums worth!

True, and I kind of wonder if that might be the case. I wasn't sure how accurate that listing was, especially as it only gave writing credits for like three songs.

I think it only has writer information for songs in which that information is known. Since no news about Madonna co-writing or co-producing much of anything has been announced, the credits are left out in that listing. Just give it time till the official information comes out closer to the album release. ;)

Interesting that the tracklist has changed quite dramatically. Seems to be to do with M.I.A. :lol: ALthough I thought Guy said other song titles were changed? The liar.

I can't believe this album will have SIXTEEN new Madonna songs. It's almost 2 albums worth!

They changed Bang Bang to Gang Bang, maybe they're thinking of changing it back to Bang Bang again? :lol: If the lyrics that leaked are real, then it seems Bang Bang suits the song better. I'm wondering if the 3rd BB track was a last-minute add or if it was planned that way all along. The Billboard article only mentioned 2 tracks, but maybe they weren't allowed to mention the other at that point. If it's a last minute add, what got switched out? Wasn't there a report that Nicki was also on another track besides GMAYL?

Guest I'llTeachYouHowTo...

They changed Bang Bang to Gang Bang, maybe they're thinking of changing it back to Bang Bang again? :lol: If the lyrics that leaked are real, then it seems Bang Bang suits the song better. I'm wondering if the 3rd BB track was a last-minute add or if it was planned that way all along. The Billboard article only mentioned 2 tracks, but maybe they weren't allowed to mention the other at that point. If it's a last minute add, what got switched out? Wasn't there a report that Nicki was also on another track besides GMAYL?

i've been wondering about the supposed second nicki feature as well. as much as i like her, and her part in GMAYL, i really don't want her on another song on the album. it's like how on HC i wish they had just kept justin on 4M ONLY and not let him anywhere near 'dance 2night'. i don't mind her having a feature on a song or two, but when it's the SAME artist featuring on different tracks it gets bothersome. i mean, it's a MADONNA album, not MADONNA & FRANS.

anyway, can we have the fucking album now? please? i'm dying here. :dramatic:

i've been wondering about the supposed second nicki feature as well. as much as i like her, and her part in GMAYL, i really don't want her on another song on the album. it's like how on HC i wish they had just kept justin on 4M ONLY and not let him anywhere near 'dance 2night'. i don't mind her having a feature on a song or two, but when it's the SAME artist featuring on different tracks it gets bothersome. i mean, it's a MADONNA album, not MADONNA & FRANS.

anyway, can we have the fucking album now? please? i'm dying here. :dramatic:

So true! Liked Justin on 4 Min, got annoyed when he sang lines on Dance 2Nite, then super annoyed when he wailed on DWRY. Can't wait for MDNA day!

it does, but only if you pre-ordered the album between the feb. 3rd-6th. no one knows what it is yet, although it is assumed to be a remix of either GMAYL or GGW, and it won't be available to anyone who did not pre-order between the above dates.

Thanks for the info. This thing doesn't let me reply more than a certain amount of times in a certain period. :blink:

I don't remember Nicki Minaj being named for a 2nd song, just MIA

I think it was one of the fansites that reported this.On that fake back cover of the CD,it listed "Some Girls" as the track that features Nicki Minaj.

Guest groovyguy

REMINDER

William Orbit will be guest editing the BBC World Services arts programme "The Strand" today, Wednesday February 29, live from the Bush House in The Strand, London.

Yesterday William teased fans on his Facebook page asking:

Would you like me to share a couple of insights on 'MDNA' tomorrow night?.

The broadcast goes out live today at 10 PM GMT (11 PM CET, 5 PM EST).

BBC iPlayer

The Strand is a daily 18 minute programme highlighting the best of what's going in the arts.

Wide-ranging and with eclectic interests, The Strand reflects the artistic response to the BBC's news agen…

Programmes: on BBC iPlayer

Regarding the "Girl Gone Wild" album cover:

Madonna wears the black "Raphaella" bra by Agent Provocateur, and a red feather bolero jacket by Alexandre Vauthier from his fall/winter 2011-2012 collection which he made in collaboration with feather expert Lemarie.

tumblr_lnx0aeYmF01qc1d61o1_500.jpg

ah201112_020_1.jpg

Guest groovyguy

http://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit/posts/10150638496274863

So . . . tonight at 10 GMT, our little show on the BBC World Service. And I'm sure M won't mind if I talk a little bit about MDNA

William Orbit will be guest editing the BBC World Services arts programme "The Strand" today, Wednesday February 29, live from the Bush House in The Strand, London.

The broadcast goes out live today at 10 PM GMT (11 PM CET, 5 PM EST).

BBC iPlayer

The Strand is a daily 18 minute programme highlighting the best of what's going in the arts.

Wide-ranging and with eclectic interests, The Strand reflects the artistic response to the BBC's news agen…

Programmes: on BBC iPlayer

Guest groovyguy

http://www.facebook.com/BBCTheStrand

The Strand, BBC World Service

Not long now! And a very warm welcome to our guest editor... musician, composer and producer-extraordinaire, William Orbit — with William Orbit.

-------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002vsn3

Coming up

Today, 22:05 on BBC World Service

29/02/2012

A special live show with William Orbit

He just said that he's gonna work with her on one of the tracks in a few hours because she wants to make some changes. He did mention the word "single" but I'm not sure what that would mean precisely.

He also mentioned that she wants to add some "rock", "savage" elements and a banjo.

He said they wrote a lot of their songs on guitar. I wonder why they didn't chose one of his productions for a single. He also said the album was very eclectic.

He just said that he's gonna work with her on one of the tracks in a few hours because she wants to make some changes. He did mention the word "single" but I'm not sure what that would mean precisely.

He also mentioned that she wants to add some "rock", "savage" elements and a banjo.

To what exactly? The album must be already shipped at the moment.

He said they did 6 tracks but they are working on more stuff and she wants to do some acoustic versions or something. They wil work on a song tonight since she's in NY.

Oh I see, He's working on remixes.

William Orbit: "Some of the songs are SAVAGE"...."the singles aren't representative of the album" :dramatic:

Why are they continuing to release tracks unrepresentative of the album?--I'm beginning to believe they could release the entire track listing and they'd still say it isn't representative of the album! :lol:

So, He didn't reveal anything or did I miss anything?

The interviewer didn't get too deep into it. Though,Orbit did mention that Madonna and him pretty much used the guitar to come up with some of their tracks. He did say that the album is quite eclectic and his tracks are more down tempo. He mentioned that the singles so far aren't exactly a true representation of the album. (I suspect he may be referring more to his tracks). And did I hear right, he said one of the songs has a "banjo" on it?? It all was too short before they moved on.